Tickets for PNG vs. Manvel

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
ndnwarrior said:
Just got my tickets...there was no line and the lady said there were PLENTY of tickets left! Scalp 'em, Indians, Scalp 'em!

Due to the Thanksgiving holidays and a short work week, many of the Indian faithful may just decide to purchase tickets at the gate. All of the tickets are GA and Stallworth holds plenty of people. Most of the PN-G alumni living in the Houston area, over in Austin, along the Coastal Bend, and in the CenTex region will buy tickets at the gate. The locals that have to work shift work or prioritize their time to get ready for Thanksgiving may just forego a 1-day purchase at the ISD window and buy tickets at the gate. PN-GISD will get 50% of the net gate proceeds so it won't be too bad to buy tickets at the gate. I would expect PN-G to bring about 10,000 to 12,000 ... if Manvel can muster up 4,500 to 6,500 fans, the game might sell out. If it doesn't, it won't be because of PN-G. 3rd round and beyond and PN-G fans get serious about attendance. Now, you'll start to see the out-of-town alums showing up.

Go Indians. Peace.

ndnwarrior

I agree 1989NDN. Because this week is a holiday week, a lot of folks are travelling, etc. and I didnt think of the shiftwork. There is NO DOUBT in my mind that any less than 10,000 PNG fans will be in attendance...all the alumni in the Houston/Austin area will be there. I am glad to hear that 90% of the proceeds from the gate sales will go to PNG...thats good. The stands will be packed on the PNG side for sure and probably overflow to the Manvel side. I really like Stallworth...a nice stadium.

Scalp 'em, Indians, Scalp 'em!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Would you believe I got in line at 530am and had got everyone's tickets except for mine :thud:! Going now to get them...lol. I guess my brain needed more coffee...LOL

15PNG

500+ Posts
1989NDN said:
ndnwarrior said:
Just got my tickets...there was no line and the lady said there were PLENTY of tickets left! Scalp 'em, Indians, Scalp 'em!

Due to the Thanksgiving holidays and a short work week, many of the Indian faithful may just decide to purchase tickets at the gate. All of the tickets are GA and Stallworth holds plenty of people. Most of the PN-G alumni living in the Houston area, over in Austin, along the Coastal Bend, and in the CenTex region will buy tickets at the gate. The locals that have to work shift work or prioritize their time to get ready for Thanksgiving may just forego a 1-day purchase at the ISD window and buy tickets at the gate. PN-GISD will get 50% of the net gate proceeds so it won't be too bad to buy tickets at the gate. I would expect PN-G to bring about 10,000 to 12,000 ... if Manvel can muster up 4,500 to 6,500 fans, the game might sell out. If it doesn't, it won't be because of PN-G. 3rd round and beyond and PN-G fans get serious about attendance. Now, you'll start to see the out-of-town alums showing up.

Go Indians. Peace.

The Austin/Round Rock chapter of PN-G fans/alumn will be there!! Had family pick up tickets for us. See you Saturday!!!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
ndnwarrior said:

Go Indians. Peace.
Each side seats on 8,000 and we need amost 1000 for band, Indianettes, etc. That leaves 7,000 on our side. Overflow may be allowed on hill.

bandkid

Staff member
NDN NATION said:
If not on the highway then at least down Merriman as the buses are leaving the school. Let's try to put this together and make it happen. I am going to talk to my kids about it.

I don't know what route the football team takes, but I can tell you that our buses rarely go down Merriman on the way out. We normally get to Magnolia via Park Street or Port Neches Avenue.

We do normally return to the school by going down Merriman. I don't know why it's this way but that's my observation.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
1000 for the band and Indianettes? That might be a tad high. The PN-G band numbers about 250 give or take a few (including directors, sponsors, helpers) ... the Indianettes add-in approx. 100 more ... that is 350 ... even if you allow 2 seats per participant for instruments, bags, props, etc., that is still 700 ... a tad short of 1000. I'm with you in spirit ... I wish our band, Indianettes, G-Crew, helpers, directors, etc. totaled 1000 warm bodies. That would be awesome. Seating will not be a problem at Stallworth. I'm going with an estimated PN-G crowd of 10,000 to 12,000 (7,000 to 8,000 locals + 2,000 to 3,000 out of town alums/fans living in Houston, Austin, Coastal Bend, CenTex), which will fill-up our side and overflow to SRO and/or some folks may have to take up those empty spaces on the Manvel side. O0

Any way you slice it, it's a great problem to have. The purple and white momentum is building. The purple tide is rising. Should the Indians get to the Quarters or Semis and stadium directors all over SETX will be calling PN-G asking to host. No one will want to turn away PN-G crowds and dollars.

Go Indians. Peace.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
Thanks Bandkid for this info. I would hate for everyone to take the time to make and hang signs on the wrong raod.

Proud Band Mom

100+ Posts
bandkid said:
NDN NATION said:
If not on the highway then at least down Merriman as the buses are leaving the school. Let's try to put this together and make it happen. I am going to talk to my kids about it.

I don't know what route the football team takes, but I can tell you that our buses rarely go down Merriman on the way out. We normally get to Magnolia via Park Street or Port Neches Avenue.

We do normally return to the school by going down Merriman. I don't know why it's this way but that's my observation.
pngmom4 said:
Thanks Bandkid for this info. I would hate for everyone to take the time to make and hang signs on the wrong raod.

Wouldn't we want to do it on Merriman prior to the pep rally? That way all can see and it wouldn't be as deserted during the night time hours. I would hate to have it torn up during the night like the signs were during MidCounty Madness.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
Great ideas. I think any street/road that the players, cheerleaders, band, or Indianettes travel should be included.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I say we do Merriman up BIG before pep rally but also do streamers down PN ave if that's the way they go.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I also posted this in the streamers and signs thread but I thought I'd post it here too since there was a discussion going about it.

Ok, just got home from the BC meeting and coach said he will have the buses go down Merriman Saturday. He said they usually take Park to Magnolia then to 73, but I told him what we were planning and he said he would have the bus drivers go out Merriman instead of Park! YAY for Coach Faircloth!! So if everyone wants to meet up Friday afternoon to decorate I'm in! Maybe 1 or 2 would be a good time to get it done in time for the pep rally, depending on how many we have helping. So everyone come to Merriman after all your black Friday shopping and we'll have a PURPLE FRIDAY for the INDIANS!! :clap: :clap:

png tribe

100+ Posts
I was told that we didn't sell 5000 ticket's last week. We might come close to selling our side out. If we have a lot of Nederland and surrounding area's then we might sell our side out.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores