TICKETS: PN-G vs Liberty Hill @ FCU Stadium

indian17

I have 1 adult and 1 student ticket available for PNG side. Bought too many by mistake. Please message me directly.

Lonestar JR

I am concerned about the availability of tickets at the gate this Friday. Since there were only 10,000 possible tickets, it would be sad for PNG fans to get there and not be able to buy a ticket. I would hope the Liberty allotment of tickets be available to anyone on line. There are way more people who would like to go than there are tickets. I don't need tickets. This is just a word to the wise. In other words it would not be smart to go the game without a ticket.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I have concerns about this as well. I read on Setx that as of sometime yesterday they were no longer selling tickets (for the LH side) online; they could only be obtained at the (LH) high school. Depending on how many get sold to LH fans prior to game time, there may or may not be enough available for PNG fans planning to purchase them at the gate.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This is ridiculous. In past years the game would have been played in a large venue.

If an 11,000 seat stadium was chosen by the LH coach, one can only conclude that he wanted to keep the crowd to a minimum.

PN-G fans could have filled FCU. LH will likely have a few thousand travel as was the case last week.

In a larger venue like NRG, quite a few local high school football fans not affiliated with PNG or LH would also have likely gone just to experience a good game.

Instead, a lot of PNG fans will not be able to attend this game, nor will other fans. Seems like a travesty to limit the game like that. We all know PNG would have gone back to NRG for this game if it was an option. And the experience for both schools in a professional venue again would have been memorable.

At this point I don’t care. They just need to win and then Jerry’s House will hold plenty of fans.

WarDance

This is ridiculous. In past years the game would have been played in a large venue.

If an 11,000 seat stadium was chosen by the LH coach, one can only conclude that he wanted to keep the crowd to a minimum.

PN-G fans could have filled FCU. LH will likely have a few thousand travel as was the case last week.

In a larger venue like NRG, quite a few local high school football fans not affiliated with PNG or LH would also have likely gone just to experience a good game.

Instead, a lot of PNG fans will not be able to attend this game, nor will other fans. Seems like a travesty to limit the game like that. We all know PNG would have gone back to NRG for this game if it was an option. And the experience for both schools in a professional venue again would have been memorable.

At this point I don’t care. They just need to win and then Jerry’s House will hold plenty of fans.
I agree and yes it is rediculous! From what I have been told, back in the 70's and 80's the Quarterfinal and Semifinal games were held in the dome. Heck, I was at the '99 semifinal and it was played at Kyle Field. I'm not sure who keeps choosing these little stadiums for Texas 5A football playoff games.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This is all history now. All the controversy and dissatisfaction with the ticket limitations.

What I take away from it is how special the Port Neches-Groves situation is. The most successful programs in the state, even with larger student and community populations usually don't have the support that the Indians have. Even Liberty Hill is an example of that. Mentioning that is not bragging or gloating. It's recognition and appreciation of the facts. If truth be told, if they don't already have it, every school in the state wishes they had the same. Some hate us for it, some admire it, all desire the same. Port Neches-Groves may not have as many state championship trophies, or even wins as the top schools in the state. But PN-G has a special place in Texas High Football History. I and many more of us would not trade it for anything. In our short time on this earth we will have had the opportunity to partake in and celebrate what is part of our heritage. Some people call us a cult, or delusional, but they would all be right there with us if they had the opportunity. For PN-G alumni and fans ,it's just a part of our lives. And the Texas High school football experience at it's very best.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
This is all history now. All the controversy and dissatisfaction with the ticket limitations.

What I take away from it is how special the Port Neches-Groves situation is. The most successful programs in the state, even with larger student and community populations usually don't have the support that the Indians have. Even Liberty Hill is an example of that. Mentioning that is not bragging or gloating. It's recognition and appreciation of the facts. If truth be told, if they don't already have it, every school in the state wishes they had the same. Some hate us for it, some admire it, all desire the same. Port Neches-Groves may not have as many state championship trophies, or even wins as the top schools in the state. But PN-G has a special place in Texas High Football History. I and many more of us would not trade it for anything. In our short time on this earth we will have had the opportunity to partake in and celebrate what is part of our heritage. Some people call us a cult, or delusional, but they would all be right there with us if they had the opportunity. For PN-G alumni and fans ,it's just a part of our lives. And the Texas High school football experience at it's very best.

Well stated!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores