Totally Impressed <<<<Geronimo's Fury>>>>>>

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
You can tell your husband to come up with another idea, that will never happen. Talk about an Indian uprising by those that have had seats on the 50 for years. Mine have been in my family for over 50 yrs.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Putting the band in the end zone seats would have been the best option. Unfortunately those seats are long gone.

bandkid

Staff member
Maybe not on the 50, but closer to the center and a little higher up would be a good idea in my opinion. There are two problems I see with putting us on the 50 yard line:

• Upsetting a number of long-time season ticket holders by taking away what are arguably the best seats in the stadium.
  • Obstructing the view of the cameras on the press box's film deck.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I didn't mean to always "mike" Cherokee--just at times. Our old sound system had speakers at the 50 yd. line that projected sound out, but that was changed when we got the first new scoreboard and sound has been poor ever since. They need to add speakers to the system so everyone can hear. Even I, an ancient fan, know there is technology out there that can correct this--so why not fix it? That's the point I'm making--fix the da** system so ALL hear clearly.

bandkid

Staff member
Does the technology exist? Yes. But it involves incasing the band in a large soundbooth and that's not within PN-G's financial reach (unless we decide to pass another bond). There's absolutely no feasible way that it would work if the sound was to be amplified through the main sound system. The only realistic option would involve the installation of a completely separate sound system. The only way I see that working is if they install speakers in the stands along the 50 yard line that face North. Even then, it's going to take a lot of balance, a lot of work to cut out the sound delay, a lot of money, someone is going to have to be assigned to operate those speakers alone, and you're going to be hearing complaints because the speakers are either going to block the view of the field for some spectators or the sound is going to be too loud for those sitting near the speakers.

I just don't see any sort of amplification working.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Personally, I don't care to have it amplified at all. Because, then you get the delayed/backlash sound (example: PNG Choir singing Nat. Anthem). It sounds aweful to me, and takes away from the talent of the choir and the importance of the song.
JMO.....but I'm right

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Maybe I'm senile, but I don't get it@!! We had good sound before without any echoes or anything. Why can't they do what was done before? Disenfranchizing half of the home side fans from participating will show up later in less participation. Or do the band members not care if half the stadium cannot hear them? That said, I will not re-visit this topic as everyone knows how I feel about it already.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
squaw said:
I didn't mean to always "mike" Cherokee--just at times. Our old sound system had speakers at the 50 yd. line that projected sound out, but that was changed when we got the first new scoreboard and sound has been poor ever since. They need to add speakers to the system so everyone can hear. Even I, an ancient fan, know there is technology out there that can correct this--so why not fix it? That's the point I'm making--fix the da** system so ALL hear clearly.

The new sound system is NFL caliber. Much better than the ancient, small speakers they had on the side of the field.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Can't believe this thread with talk of microphone technology and repositioning the band.

Play louder, angle the horns.

bandkid

Staff member
squaw said:
Maybe I'm senile, but I don't get it@!! We had good sound before without any echoes or anything. Why can't they do what was done before? Disenfranchizing half of the home side fans from participating will show up later in less participation. Or do the band members not care if half the stadium cannot hear them? That said, I will not re-visit this topic as everyone knows how I feel about it already.

Again, are you absolutely sure that the band's sound was amplified with the stadium's sound system at one time? None of the band's alumni on this board seem to be able to recall the use of amplification during Cherokee, and the band was bigger six years ago (look at any YouTube video of a band performance around 2002 or 2003 and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about). It very well could be that the band was just louder back then and the volume has decreased as the band's numbers have decreased.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PNG NDN Fan said:
Can't believe this thread with talk of microphone technology and repositioning the band.

Play louder, angle the horns.

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYIN' ALL ALONG! GET THE BAND TO TURN THEIR HEADS!
pretty simple really.

HOWEVER, we just don't have as big of a band as we used to have (Marched 180 BAND MEMBERS in 70's). And to my knowlege, I have never known the band to me miked.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
bandkid said:
squaw said:

Again, are you absolutely sure that the band's sound was amplified with the stadium's sound system at one time? None of the band's alumni on this board seem to be able to recall the use of amplification during Cherokee, and the band was bigger six years ago (look at any YouTube video of a band performance around 2002 or 2003 and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about). It very well could be that the band was just louder back then and the volume has decreased as the band's numbers have decreased.

You have to be right bandkid. There never was a mike in the stand or on the field during a game. The sound from the speakers no matter where or what kind there were would have competed with the sound from the band and the results would have been terrible.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
PALEEZ....I was trying to let this topic rest BUT to make things clearer for those who don't remember the days we could hear I have to respond. There were poles in front of the stands and there were speakers on them, darn it! They were there until we first bought the new scoreboard and then they were removed! Case closed!!

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
squaw said:
PALEEZ....I was trying to let this topic rest BUT to make things clearer for those who don't remember the days we could hear I have to respond. There were poles in front of the stands and there were speakers on them, darn it! They were there until we first bought the new scoreboard and then they were removed! Case closed!!

Yes squaw, there were poles every 10 or 20 yards with speakers on them. Some of the worst speakers around. I don't know about you, but I was never able to understand what was coming out of those speakers. It's not that the sound was inaubiable, it was just unintelligible. There was no way to comprehend what was coming out of those speakers. They were small, cheap, and worthless.

As much as you disagree, the new system is infinitely better than the one you are talking about.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
And the sounds from the band never came from the speakers no matter if they were on poles or on the scoreboard.

bandkid

Staff member
squaw said:

Are you sure the band's sound was amplified using those speakers?

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
bandkid said:
squaw said:

Are you sure the band's sound was amplified using those speakers?

It wasn't. There was no possible way with the type of speakers that were on the poles.

NDN79

500+ Posts
The speakers on the poles were for the public address system. They were not used to amplify the sound of the band!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores