Touchdown PNG Flags

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Has there been any interest or talk about possibly expanding the touchdown flags to include the letters to spell out I N D I A N S?

IMO - I think that would really add to the pageantry seeing those purple and white flags spelling out P N G I N D I A N S back and forth across the home side after touchdowns and scoring opportunities for the Indians.

bandkid

Staff member
We'd need seven more G-Crew members, but I could see that happening. Maybe someone should call in and talk to the G-Crew sponsor about it. The flags might have to be donated, though.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
I bet getting 7 more guys/girls to carry those flags would not be a problem.

I am happy to donate some $$ if someone gets the ball rolling!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I will donate money and send it to the G-Crew sponsor ... just tell me who the sponsor is and I'll send the check to the high school tomorrow. Getting the money for I-N-D-I-A-N-S will not be a problem. If you can find carriers for the flags, the flags will be there.

Go Indians. Peace.

bandkid

Staff member
The sponsor is Mrs. Ruthie Wolfe (she also sponsors the JV and Varsity cheerleaders and the Indian Spirit). I'm sure you can get in touch with her by calling the high school and asking them to connect you (high school number is (409) 729-7644, no idea what the extension is). She may be open to the idea.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The money for the P-N-G flags was donated by members from this site a few years ago. Given the new excitement in the program these days, raising cash for the others will be no problem.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Count me in as well. PM me if someone gets thru and its a go and I will get some money to whoever it needs to go too.

Adams

If I show up Saturday and see these flags on the field I will be amazed. What a great idea. Hope it happens! :clap:
I am willing to donate as well.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
We need to find 7 people who run about the same speed. Also who can spell INDAINS I mean INDIANS. See what I mean. jk But that would be awesome!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
OldEagle said:
We need to find 7 people who run about the same speed. Also who can spell INDAINS I mean INDIANS. See what I mean. jk But that would be awesome!

And that can hold the flag up straight.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
If seven flags are to much by this Saturday, even one extra flag with the the Indian Head would be nice...Extra big one.

PS: I wanna be on the G-Crew...but after the first touchdown they would have to cart me off the sidelines.lol

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Let's do it! I'm in! I'm sure some of the Freshman and JV football players would like to run the flags! We know they are in shape...lol. I hope we can do it...that would be an awesome sight!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores