Tuesday Games 01-26-2010 with commentary and picks

carzan

500+ Posts
LCM (4-3) @ PNG (3-4)-------------------PNG -4
Nederland (6-1) @ Ozen (6-1)-------------Ozen -6
Vidor (1-6) @ Central (4-3)---------------Central -12
Livingston (4-3) @ Lumberton (0-7)-------Livingston -10

Well, That's How I believe the second half of district will start out. I realize we defeated LCM by 10 at the Bear cave when we first played, however we aren't clicking as well as we were at that time and LCM seems to be playing just a bit better than they were. We have the home court advantage and the psychological advantage of having won our first meeting soundly so I think we will edge them out over the course of the game. PNG by 4.

The Nederland/Ozen game will be a great one. The dogs have what may be their best team ever and Ozen has struggled to find the right mix. Lately though Ozen seems to have found that "secret button" under the dash and have been playing at a different level from any team that has faced them. Ozen won't let the Dogs sneak up on them again. In fact, if the Dogs don't play to their full potential this could get ugly if the Panther coaches want to make a statement. I don't think they operate that way but I think Ozen has that kind of horsepower under the hood! Ozen -6

When Vidor hosted the Jags in week 1 of the season, Central won by 34. Now the Pirates have to go to Central to face the music and try to improve on that weak performance not so long ago. While they may be able to cut the margin of loss by a few points, Vidor just can't keep up with Central. Central -12

What do you say about the Lumberton game!?!?? What can I say? Lumberton went through the first half of district play absolutely winless. They don't have a bad team. They have talent. They just can't get over the top. While I would like for Lumberton to win this is not the game where that can happen. Oh I suppose if they stack the refs and give Livingston a taste of their own home brewed medicine they might have a chance. But even in a game where the officiating is one sided ya gotta make the points and ya gotta be able to finish! Lumberton just can't seem to do that this year. Lions -10

Also, once again please jump in with any opinions and your own ideas about this week in 20-4A basketball.

carzan

500+ Posts
Here are the picks from SETXSPORTS.com

20-4A
Nederland (13-12, 6-1) @ Ozen (13-8, 6-1)
PICK: Ozen (-4)

Vidor (13-15, 1-6) @ Central (8-14, 4-3)
PICK: Cen (-26)

LC-M (16-11, 4-3) @ PN-G (15-8, 3-4)
PICK: LC-M (-3)

Livingston (10-14, 4-3) @ Lumberton (10-18, 0-7)
PICK: Liv (-13)

My picks are as follows,PN-G (-2),Nederland (-2),Central (-14),Livingston (-10).I am partial to the indians,I just feel that Nederland is going to upset Ozen again.Central just has too much talent to loose to Vidor,and Livingston is too athletic for Lumberton.

carzan

500+ Posts
LCM 34 @ PNG 47 pick PNG -4
Nederland 49 @ Ozen 81 pick Ozen -6
Vidor 43 @ Central 46 pick Central -12
Livingston 67 @ Lumberton 62 pick Livingston -10

Well I finally hit 100% but the spreads are still killing me!!!

carzan

500+ Posts
transplant tribesman said:
My picks are as follows,PN-G (-2),Nederland (-2),Central (-14),Livingston (-10).I am partial to the indians,I just feel that Nederland is going to upset Ozen again.Central just has too much talent to loose to Vidor,and Livingston is too athletic for Lumberton.

Looks like Transplant Tribesman has some work do to. To only hit 75% on tuesdays games is really kind of weak! That was an easy night to at least pick a winner! Heck I went 100% no problem!

I should have played Tuesday's games with you fellas. My picks were right on and I only missed the spreads by 1 point on 1 game!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores