UIL Contest

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Congrats to the Purple Pride band... they made all 1's today at the UIL contest at the Reservation. Way to go Band! So Proud of ya!

bandkid

Staff member
A friend who worked the competition is supposed to send me a picture of the ratings board. When I receive that, I'll post a list of the schools that competed and their ratings.

Purple Dove

Congratulation to the Purple Pride Band, Indianettes, Twirlers and Directors on performing a beautiful competition. We are so proud of you- Honor, Proud and Tradition!!! :band:

bandkid

Staff member
The first thing I want to say is that they have officially surpassed anything we ever did in band. I got to see this year's performance twice in person (the LC-M game and the PN-G Marching Invitational) and I remember thinking there was no way they'd get less than straight ones this year. They look good, they sound good, the show is very well designed (which is a real tribute to the band directors; they made the marching show themselves this year) and they look like they're having fun putting it on the field. Also, as a former trumpet player, it's a very proud moment when you see the trumpet section put on display and having a little fun with it in Peanut Vendor (the second song). Just an awesome performance all the way around.

This is the breakdown of ratings for every band that competed yesterday (courtesy of rocketfan86 on SETXSports):

REGION 10 UIL MARCHING CONTEST, OCTOBER 20, 2012, PN-G HS:

A HULL-DAISETTA - 222 = 2
A WEST HARDIN - 233 = 3
A COLMESNEIL - 233 = 3
AA NV NEWTON - 132 = 2
AA WARREN - 222 = 2
AA DEWEYVILLE - 322 = 2
AA CORRIGAN-CAMDEN - 333 = 3
AA EAST CHAMBERS - 221 = 2
AA ANAHUAC - 111 = 1
AA KOUNTZE - 121 = 1
AA HARDIN - 112 = 1
AA KIRBYVILLE - 111 = 1
AA WOODVILLE - 222 = 2
AAA BRIDGE CITY - 111 = 1
AAA SILSBEE - 213 = 2
AAA HARDIN-JEFFERSON - 111 = 1
AAA BUNA - 112 = 1
AAA HAMSHIRE-FANNETT - 222 = 2
AAA ORANGEFIELD - 221 = 2
AAA WEST ORANGE-STARK - 323 = 3
AAA LIBERTY - 212 = 2
AAA JASPER - 211 = 1
AAAA CENTRAL MEDICAL MAGNET - 334 = 3
AAAA VIDOR - 111 = 1
AAAA DAYTON - 222 = 2
AAAA BAYTOWN LEE - 223 = 2
AAAA LIVINGSTON - 222 = 2
AAAA BAYTOWN G.C. MEMORIAL - 221 = 2
AAAA LUMBERTON - 111 = 1
AAAA NEDERLAND - 111 = 1
AAAA PORT NECHES-GROVES - 111 = 1
AAAA OZEN - 332 = 3
AAAA LITTLE CYPRUS-MAURICEVILLE - 121 = 1
AAAAA WEST BROOK - 212 = 2
AAAAA BAYTOWN STERLING - 112 = 1

Of the 35 bands that performed yesterday, only 14 (40%) took home First Division ratings. Of those 14, only 8 (23%) took sweepstakes and made straight ones. That's a real testament to how good the PN-G band is this year. If the 4A bands were eligible to advance to Area this year, I have no doubt PN-G would be in the top four bands there and they just might've gone to state. I can't wait to see what they field next year; I have no doubt it will be an excellent show.

bandkid

Staff member
And I almost forgot to mention that PN-G graduate and former GMS band director Tim Pallone's band, Anahuac, made straight ones as well. Congratulations to them. :thumbsup:

HPT

Way to go band. If you did not know any better you would have thought we were a 5A band. We filled up the field. Great visuals. I am so proud of all of you.

phetonb

Straight 1's is awesome, but for PN-G to complete Sweepstakes, the Wind Ensemble has to get a first division in Concert, and a first division in Sight Reading. Unless the definition of Sweepstakes has changed.

Sweepstakes is awarded to a High School band that gets a first division rating in Marching, Concert, and Sight Reading. And it is the Top Band, Wind Ensemble at PN-G that must get the first division ratings at C&SR to complete the Sweepstakes. Should the Wind Ensemble get a 2 in either Concert or Sight Reading, there will be no Sweepstakes, Even if the Symphonic Band gets 1's in both Concert and Sight reading. Unless things have changed.

I know how awesome Mr. Wells prepares the Wind Ensemble, and I have no doubt they will complete a Sweepstakes this year.....they just have not done it yet.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores