Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill ISD Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill 5A 2 11 Man 1768
Manvel and all Baytown schools are 5A D-I
Lumberton is back in 5A-2
Vidor is AAAA

Last edited:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I don't foresee anyone ever being in a rush to move to Vidor. It's not all that great and the flooding makes it risky.

4A may be it for them.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Vidor will do well in 4A-D1. They may have a deep playoff run in 2020 or 2021. They should have the numbers to compete on a high level. They have run the wing-T/slot-T for decades, their kids know that offense frontwards and backwards since kindergarten, and they usually play tough defense. With the right numbers and a little talent, they may make a big run in 4A-D1.

PN-G and Nederland are two of the smallest 5A-D2. That is not good. Playing schools with bigger talent pools and deeper squads will make it tough for the Indians and Bulldogs to make a deep run in the playoffs. Barbers Hill is growing. They will be a tough out. If TPC shuts down the old Neches Butane facility, there may some job losses in Port Neches, Groves, and Nederland. That may affect the schools (numbers).

PA keeps shrinking. When PAM opened, it had nearly 2300 or 2400 students. They are now under 2000. Hurricanes have hurt PA.

Go Indians. Peace.

snowbird

I hope Lumberton enjoyed the playoffs this year. its going to be another long drought for the Raiders.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Jobs, schools, security and quality of life are big factors. When any of those decline people seek better options. Some cities have more of a challenge on those fronts than others. PN has always been a ‘bedroom community’ so the TPC job loss might not be too bad. But losing the tax base will be.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
UIL re-issued numbers. Lumberton back down to 4A-D1. I wonder who will now replace Vidor in our district.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The district will be difficult. PN-G, Nederland, Barbers Hill, Crosby, Texas City, and Kingwood Park...six teams fighting for four playoff spots. Growth, expansion, and student numbers favor KP, BH, Crosby, and TC. That little old school from Port Neches - Groves will have to outwork everyone else. It should be interesting in 2020-2021.

Go Indians. Peace.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores