Uniform & Helmet Changes

squaw

1,000+ Posts
ScalpEm24 said:
I agree, a change is totally ok and honestly somewhat expected from a new coach wanting to put his own stamp on the program. I just can't see us in SILVER helmets. Second, let's hope that the FSU spear on the side is just a bad rumor. I can't stand that decal. And I am with others when I say that I thought that was one of the worst changes to our helmet logo in a long time, but what can you do? Coach Faircloth is the leader and if that is what he wants, then I reckon that is what he will do. Regardless, all of us that bleed PURPLE will still chant the night away!!! I-N-D-I-A-N-S!!!!
ScalpEm!
The helmets were ordered before Coach Faircloth came. That said, I HATE the thought of silver helmets. Purple metallic would be OK as long as the purple is the true PNG purple and not lavender. Ugh!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
squaw said:
ScalpEm24 said:
I agree, a change is totally ok and honestly somewhat expected from a new coach wanting to put his own stamp on the program. I just can't see us in SILVER helmets. Second, let's hope that the FSU spear on the side is just a bad rumor. I can't stand that decal. And I am with others when I say that I thought that was one of the worst changes to our helmet logo in a long time, but what can you do? Coach Faircloth is the leader and if that is what he wants, then I reckon that is what he will do. Regardless, all of us that bleed PURPLE will still chant the night away!!! I-N-D-I-A-N-S!!!!
ScalpEm!
The helmets were ordered before Coach Faircloth came. That said, I HATE the thought of silver helmets. Purple metallic would be OK as long as the purple is the true PNG purple and not lavender. Ugh!

Helmets can be painted. My school had some white ones painted red. Not sure how much it costs though. You have to send them off.

ScalpEm24

It's been a while since I have heard much about the new Logo. I did read on this board where it would resemble the style of TCU. Has anyone seen the actual new Helmet decal? If so, when will it be made public?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Hey, I've got a great idea! If the helmets aren't the right shade or color, can't they use some of Ms. Nolen's legacy money to get them painted?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Great! I think that is what most, if not all, of the fans expect. Have you seen them personally? Also, what logo is being used? I loved the zig zags.

NDN34

squaw said:
NDN4Life said:
ScalpEm24 said:
I got to thinking, I love the old school zig zags as well. But once I saw that old school helmet w/ the "I" on it, I love it. White Helmet, Purple Stripe down the middle, w/ the old school "I" or something similar and a gray facemask.
That one is my second favorite.
I admit that I love them all--unless they use silver, black or especially lavender! I love our solid purple uniforms. Has anybody else noticed that over the years if we would use purple pants with a white top it seemed like we lost almost, if not all, the games?

Not so.......we won state in 1955 with white jerseys and purple pants..................

bandkid

Staff member
My personal thought is that we should keep the uniform design from last year but change the helmet design. Based on what I've heard, I like the design of the new helmets except for the black facemask. I think the facemask should be white.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores