Up to the minute standings and playoff positions: Week 10

Penny

PNG1992 said:
indian20106 said:
i have family in nederland to.. but really and truly being on the team 06 to 08 we just developed a pure hatred towards the nederland football team as them towards us. the communities great but as an x indian of this generation most players dont want nederland going anywhere.

Amen. Go Vidor.

;)

Amen back at ya from across the tracks. Nothin wrong with feeling that way.

indian20106

so im hopin on ozen and anyonelse can have it besides nederland. actually livingston came and talked to me and my girlfriend at the time after the game and they were very polite

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
indian20106 said:
i have family in nederland to.. but really and truly being on the team 06 to 08 we just developed a pure hatred towards the nederland football team as them towards us. the communities great but as an x indian of this generation most players dont want nederland going anywhere.

That's part of any real rivalry. Not until you get older and mellow out will the hatred begin to diminish. But not that much... :punchingbag:

Whodat

indian20106 said:

Maybe next year? Don't be so worried about them, PNG has a great thing going. Nederland has a perennially strong program, but this is PNG's year.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Whodat said:
indian20106 said:

Maybe next year? Don't be so worried about them, PNG has a great thing going. Nederland has a perennially strong program, but this is PNG's year.
PN-G will be a perennial power as well. The days of Nederland having a predictable opponent, and the upper hand in coaching are over.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
"Maybe next year? Don't be so worried about them, PNG has a great thing going. Nederland has a perennially strong program, but this is PNG's year." This statement is absolutely crazy--how can you even insinuate that Nederland's always stronger than PNG? Can't you even look at the statistics? When Nederland beats us 19 years straight (as we did them), maybe then (but I doubt it) would I even think such a thing! Perennially strong---I don't think so! They got a good coach in Larry Neuman, but his reign is about over and even during his time we still weren't beat every year.

indian20106

its a rivalry. at any given point no matter when indians and bulldogs cross it doesnt matter whose better coached or who has better athletes. in this rivalry along with any rivalry its always the team that wants it more thats gonna come out on top. it doesnt work if only a few want it if the core of the team really wants it then it will happen

Whodat

Nederland will never beat PNG 19 straight years. Noboby said they beat us every year, it was a simple comment that we can't judge our success by what someone else does... but maybe you do? If Nederland is the measuring stick, will we ever be all that we can be? Don't be so infatuated with them, that was my only comment... who cares if they squeek into the playoffs... we have our own business, that was my point.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores