Upcoming talent?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Personally, I hate the term "good old boys" that is used as an excuse for everything. Give BF the benefit of the doubt--he is not stupid and would not "play politics" with the team. I have not joined the ABC for reasons such as this, but now intend to join before next football season. I helped out at the homegames selling drinks for the booster club and I assure you that these fine young men are being supportive of the entire team--many have no one playing. I certainly don't and I know BF personally and I know how dedicated he is! Please, please, everyone get behind BF, the ABC, and, most important, our students.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
squaw said:
Personally, I hate the term "good old boys" that is used as an excuse for everything. Give BF the benefit of the doubt--he is not stupid and would not "play politics" with the team. I have not joined the ABC for reasons such as this, but now intend to join before next football season. I helped out at the homegames selling drinks for the booster club and I assure you that these fine young men are being supportive of the entire team--many have no one playing. I certainly don't and I know BF personally and I know how dedicated he is! Please, please, everyone get behind BF, the ABC, and, most important, our students.

Here, here ... well said. +1.

Go Indians. Peace.

bark

1,000+ Posts
squaw said:

I agree, the Booster folks I know are great parents doing whats best for our kids. Remember the ABC is for all sports and both genders, that's alot of programs to service and I would love to help out on any future event. Mitch has emailed several times about events and invited the members to come help and what times are needed etc...If you haven't joined you should consider joining. Twenty-five dollars and participate a little or alot it's your choice.

Go to a basketball game boys or girls. Spring sports start too golf, tennis, soccer, etc...

75NDNDB

Thanks PNGfan66 for trying to get em back on track but its no use! The constant attacks or accusations about the the Booster Club OR BF need to end! We are all Indians but it seems as if from different tribes! Bickering like family. lol.
Just a warning to all you dogs and cats and bears and trains>>> We can fight amongst ourselves but just offend the least of us and you will have to deal with the whole tribe!!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
75NDNDB said:
Thanks PNGfan66 for trying to get em back on track but its no use! The constant attacks or accusations about the the Booster Club OR BF need to end! We are all Indians but it seems as if from different tribes! Bickering like family. lol.
Just a warning to all you dogs and cats and bears and trains>>> We can fight amongst ourselves but just offend the least of us and you will have to deal with the whole tribe!!!
So True! And I already have the basketball schedule on our fridge and am looking forward to both softball and baseball. We go to all, but soccer (don't understand it). Joining Booster club, too.

NDNfan#1

100+ Posts
squaw said:
75NDNDB said:
So True! And I already have the basketball schedule on our fridge and am looking forward to both softball and baseball. We go to all, but soccer (don't understand it). Joining Booster club, too.
Kick the ball in the goal more times than the other team, that's all you need to know.

gpwildcat

As a fairly active member if the GP Booster club, I know that our booster club is there to support ALL Athletes at GP, not just football. The money we raise goes to the athletic dept. to be spent on all sports.

I don't see any parents bending the coaches ear on why their kid is not playing more. I'm sure it has happened in the past, at GP, PNG, and probably every booster club in the state, and will likely happen in the future. I also think that 99% of the parents involved in the booster clubs are tghere because they have a genuine interest in helping the athletic dept. raise funds for the things that they can't get from the board. As always, its the 1% that gives the rest a "black eye".

Looking forward to seeing the Indians again next year. FYI, our HC/AD George Harris has retired. 51 years in the coaching profession, I think he has earned it! We are now searching for our new coach, hopefully have sombody in place come January/February so he can evaluate talent and possibly have spring practicew if he wants to.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Good luck with the search Wildcat. It can be an exciting time, or a horrible time.

Hey, why not get Danaher? He was "looking" 2 yrs. ago!

gpwildcat

PNG Proud said:
Good luck with the search Wildcat. It can be an exciting time, or a horrible time.

Hey, why not get Danaher? He was "looking" 2 yrs. ago!

If we did calallen would rename hwy 624 for him!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores