VS LCM Tuesday 01-26-2010

carzan

500+ Posts
Here we are at the start of the second half of district play. When the first half started I would have predicted us to be sitting at 5 and 2 right now. Especially after our last two games going into Christmas break. But since coming back from the break and losing our game to Nederland at home in such a heartbreaking way it seems we just haven't found the groove to jump back into. That loss to the Dogs carried over to the Livingston game and as a result we did not perform anywhere near our potential on that road trip. Those two games are what hurt us badly in the first half. Now we sit all alone in sixth place in the district with a very large hill to climb and it starts with an LCM team that plays a very physical game and has been on a roll the last week or two. While they are coming off a loss to Ozen we had best not take this team lightly or they will put a big nail in our coffin! They are not really a running team and that fact will help us. They will work hard to dominate the inside. At our last meeting they were not successful at this and they left our shooters with open shots which we made when it counted. We also did a good job of crashing the boards especially defensively. We have to do this again to win this one. I will add that we have to take advantage of our height and get the ball down low and make something happen from there. We need to try and draw fouls, get their big men into foul trouble and MAKE the free throws. Richards and Kerr will need to play strong on the inside, make a quick move and take the shots. They will draw fouls this way. Once we establish that we are going inside with the ball then our guards will have open shots off a quick pass back out. We have to create an inside threat first though!

Very well put Carzan,I have posted before that i thought with the height of our team we should be playing a little more agressive.Meaning feed the ball down low and run our offense from there.I have been to alot of games and when our shots from the outside fall everything is good,but when they are not falling we really struggle.I do agree that our record should be a little better.

carzan

500+ Posts
lu cards said:
must win tuesday.lose and playoff chances are very slim.

Yup, reality is we have to go 5 and 2 in the second half to make the playoffs. The five to win would be LCM, @ Nederland, Livingston, @ Vidor, Lumberton. I guess technically we could lose one of those games and still make it but it would require some help from some very unlikely sources namely Vidor or Lumberton. The question in my mind is will we continue down the path we have taken thus far that has put us in 6th place or will we make some changes for the second half and try to create the inside threat so that will help to open up the outside to makeable shots for our guards? I would be willing to bet our shooting percentage from the floor is in the mid thirties and our three point shot percentages lower than that, probably 20 to 25 percent. The three point shot is not winning us any games! I'm not saying we cant shoot. But we are not making them when we are pressured or challenged. We need the inside threat so the opposing defense will be forced to collapse when the ball goes inside and that should open the outside for our long ball shooters with shots they can drain.

Looks like we need a 5 game win streak to begin tonight,because if it is going to take 5 wins we better WIN the next 5 (the last week of the season we have Ozen & Central)and those will be very tough to get a (W).

carzan

500+ Posts
Haven't decided if I am going to show up for the early games. I do remember that our JV played an OT game with LCM in the first round though. That one may just be a must see again.

Anyway whenever I do get there I will post updates here for however many quarters I catch. We need a solid performance tonight so we can get the second half of District play off to a good start!

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Sorry to beat you to it carzan, but it looks like the guys got a big win tonight!

47-34 NDN's win. Big game from Doty! Congrats guys, keep it rollin'

carzan

500+ Posts
NDNTime said:
Sorry to beat you to it carzan, but it looks like the guys got a big win tonight!

47-34 NDN's win. Big game from Doty! Congrats guys, keep it rollin'

;D ;D I'm just happy to see someone taking the torch!!! ;D ;D ;D

It wasn't necessarily pretty but it's a W and we needed it!!! Nederland is losing 47-18 at the halfway point!! We gotta get ready for friday and go into the Dogdome and play four full quarters of ball!!! We need four more wins, We've got it in us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores