VS Nederland Friday 01-29-2010

carzan

500+ Posts
This is our second shot at the dogs and I don't look for us to choke this time! I haven't seen Nederland play lately but I am hearing we will need to clamp down on Cunningham in order to keep them from getting it going. Bottom line in this one is really simple. We have to play our game and not rush our offense and take the shots we want without forcing shots. If we stick to our game we win!

I feel like you are right on the money,Carzan.If we play the way we did against LC-M on Tuesday,we should be able to handle the Dogs easily!!I did notice that on Tuesday we played (TOUGH DEFENSE)which seemed to really bother the LC-M Bears.It should be an exiting game, but the Indians will WIN.

carzan

500+ Posts
O.M.G. Double overtime!!! We fought and clawed our way back into it in the second half to tie it up. Then up by six with less than a minute to go in OT we let them back in to tie that one up and we just couldn't put it away in second ot when we had the small lead we did have! We lose 69-63!! I can't even talk right now my lower back hurts from screaming so much. I am VERY VERY VERY PROUD of our boys!!!! ALL of our kids are true class acts. I wish I could say that for the Nederland staff! I'll tell you why later!

I want to let the guys on this basketball team know that the way they played last night was the best team effort that i have seen in a high school basketball game in a LONG time.I do not have a kid on this team but I am truly proud of the way they battled and the way they conducted themselves after the game.Lets keep it together because we still have a shot at the playoffs.

carzan

500+ Posts
Me, Transplant Tribesman and Big Chief Tablet all yelled, screamed, chastized the refs and basically made complete idiots out of ourselves during this game trying to help the Indians come out on top in this one!!! In the end it just didn't happen and Nederland stole the game. That's right they stole it. They did not win this game anywhere except on the scoreboard where it counted. We beat that team, they know it and coach English knows it I can guarantee you that!!!

I can't say enough about the young men on our basketball team. Man I am proud of those guys!!!! I am proud of my son for the way he has done his job and played his role! I am proud of Brennan for the way he has played with an unmatched intensity level all the way to the final buzzer, I am proud of Begnaud for all of the heart and intense play, I am proud of Kerr for that determination he has that he will just get it done. I am proud of Deron for all of that hustle and down right hard work he has shown all year long! I am proud of Manuel for really stepping up in the clutch and being every bit of the player we needed him to be. I am proud of Hardy who goes into any situation with confidence and strength and performs exactly how he is asked to perform! I am really proud of Vic! this kid is a Soph and could be playing 100% of the time on JV but he's not, he's sitting on the sidelines hollering and cheering during every game patiently waiting for his chance to contribute and EVERY TIME that opportunity comes his way he calmly trots out on the court and does his job and does it well. I am proud of our two newest additions to the varsity squad, Nelson and Miller. They haven't missed a beat and have stepped in and contributed immediately in a very intimidating atmosphere!!! And lastly I'm proud of our two young guys who are sitting in the bleachers for a few games. These guys are there and are doing all they can do to support thier team mates!!!! This is an AWESOME group of young men!!! And I applaud each and every one of you!!!

Now go out and finish this thing!!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores