VS Ozen Tuesday Night

carzan

500+ Posts
my first thought on this game is WE GOTTA SCORE!! We won't be able to keep this game in low numbers on the scoreboard. Ozen will put points up against us. That's okay, all we have to do is put up more points than them. I'm not saying we have to play thier run and gun game but they will run with it every chance they get and that will lead to points. We can and should rely on our solid defensive play to keep it as slow as we can but we are going to have to crank up that offense and put up some points!

Second thought is I hope we've been working on the press break!!! We are guaranteed to see a solid press out of Ozen. The inability to get the ball up the court will spell disaster so we really need to remain calm and run our press break and get it done. ( We did a good job with the press at Lumberton last night)

To me those two things will be the difference in this game. Make no mistake about it, WE ARE THE BETTER TEAM!! I've watched Ozen twice this year we can and will win this one with solid ball handling, patience and solid defensive play!

Anybody have anything to add?

carzan

500+ Posts
Just wanted to say to all of the Indian Basketball players, JUST DO IT!!! Go out and have fun, play your game, give it your all and leave it all on the court! When it's over we will celebrate!!!

We are proud of each and every one of you!!!

carzan

500+ Posts
About to head to mid-county. We have parent pictures tonight then I will try to provide updates here for the Game. Although the best way to see it is live at the gym.

carzan

500+ Posts
We tried to start off the game trying to run with them. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!! We can't play a run and gun style game!! We are not quick or fast! That got us behind by about 10 then we worked on slowing it down and hung in there and managed to close the gap just a bit. But in the third their quickness overwhelmed us and it was all downhill from there. They also had a kid that was draining three pointers from 5 or 6 feet behind the line. Have to give the kid credit, he's a shooter! I don't remember the final but it was somewhere around 66 or 68 to 44 or 46. We had bright spots in this game and at the half we were only down by 8 and to be honest I thought we would get it together and make a game out of it. We had a couple of cold streaks throughout this game that really hurt. In the beginning we couldn't make lay-ups, then we had a few cold streaks throughout the game from both the outside and the inside. It just wasn't our night.

tribesman

100+ Posts
Unfortunately, it looks like a team with no depth is about to get even thinner due to grades. I hope that we can weather the storm, but it is going to be tough. We look like we usually hit a wall about midway through the third quarter. Good Luck against the Jags on Friday.

carzan

500+ Posts
You are right Tribesman. We are getting worn out by teams that have the depth to keep the game at a fast pace!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores