VS Silsbee - Friday night

carzan

500+ Posts
This will be a VERY tough game for the Tribe. Silsbee has most of their starters from last year returning to this year's team. The Tigers will more than likely be in the state tournament again this year. That being said we have to play good solid basketball to stay in this game. They are going to challenge our guard play with a full court press for much, if not all of the game. We will have to exercise good judgement with our passes and run our press-break flawlessly to get the ball across the halfcourt line and put ourselves in position to run our offense. They will bring it on the boards and we will have to be VERY aggressive on rebounding to stay alive in this game. We cannot afford to miss free throws and we have to pick it up from the floor. Basically what I am saying is we will have to play near perfect basketball to win.

Any thoughts?

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The PN-G BB team is waiting on a talent infusion when the football season ends, right? If so, then I would not put too much stock in the games played in November and early December. Play the kids on the team and wait for the football guys to arrive in mid-December. Tell them to play hard on defense, box out, take care of the ball, and when you have an open shot/good look at the rim knock it down. If you do those things, you will win more than you lose.

If you can, please post a few pics or videos of D-Richards throwing a few down.

Go Indians. Peace.

carzan

500+ Posts
1989NDN said:
The PN-G BB team is waiting on a talent infusion when the football season ends, right? If so, then I would not put too much stock in the games played in November and early December.
Go Indians. Peace.

You are correct 1989NDN. We are waiting for a lot of players from the football team. There are some advantages to this scenario but it is hard to lose or not be able to control a game that you know we would compete much stronger in if we were a complete team. I am not trying to take anything away from the kids that are currently playing, they have tremendous talent but are lacking in experience at this faster paced level. In the long run it will really turn out to be an investment in these players that will hopefully payoff later this season when we need all the depth we can muster late in District play and into the playoffs!!! ;D ;D ;D

carzan said:
1989NDN said:
The PN-G BB team is waiting on a talent infusion when the football season ends, right? If so, then I would not put too much stock in the games played in November and early December.
Go Indians. Peace.

You are correct 1989NDN. We are waiting for a lot of players from the football team. There are some advantages to this scenario but it is hard to lose or not be able to control a game that you know we would compete much stronger in if we were a complete team. I am not trying to take anything away from the kids that are currently playing, they have tremendous talent but are lacking in experience at this faster paced level. In the long run it will really turn out to be an investment in these players that will hopefully payoff later this season when we need all the depth we can muster late in District play and into the playoffs!!! ;D ;D ;D

PLAYOFFS!?!?!??? Can you please name some of the players we are waiting on as I can't remember the kind of game/team changing talent you are talking about.

carzan

500+ Posts
Big Chief Tablet said:
carzan said:
1989NDN said:
Go Indians. Peace.

PLAYOFFS!?!?!??? Can you please name some of the players we are waiting on as I can't remember the kind of game/team changing talent you are talking about.

I sure can.

The players I am referring to are

Brennan Doty, Travis Miller, Jayce Nelson, Connor Manuel.

I can see all four of the players getting major ticks throughout the season.

Also to come into the mix will be

Michael Glorioso, Nick Stassinos and the Peveto kid who transferred in from Orangefield.

I never talk to Able about personell, but do discuss our teams potential. So I don't have any inside info as to his thoughts or plans regarding players. I am only going off of my own personal knowledge of these guys and my own thoughts as to who will be ready to shine this season. SO you can take this with a grain of salt but here is my list of who will be in the steady rotation for the Tribe.

Doty
Richards
Sampson
Haas

Martinez
Miller
Manuel
Nelson
Pelligrin

Stassinos*
Glorioso
Peveto*

The ones in BOLD are kids who saw the floor at the varsity level last season and I have asterisks by the ones who I know the least about and am listing them based on a bit of conjecture. If this were Our final varsity squad it would be a VERY LARGE squad for PNG Basketball. This would be our prime opportunity to make this thing happen. I truly believe we were only millimeters away from a playoff birth last year. THIS will be our year!!!

We will be a LOADED team once we are a COMPLETE team! ;)

carzan said:
Big Chief Tablet said:
carzan said:
1989NDN said:
Go Indians. Peace.

I sure can.

The players I am referring to are

Brennan Doty, Travis Miller, Jayce Nelson, Connor Manuel.

I can see all four of the players getting major ticks throughout the season.

Also to come into the mix will be

Michael Glorioso, Nick Stassinos and the Peveto kid who transferred in from Orangefield.

I never talk to Able about personell, but do discuss our teams potential. So I don't have any inside info as to his thoughts or plans regarding players. I am only going off of my own personal knowledge of these guys and my own thoughts as to who will be ready to shine this season. SO you can take this with a grain of salt but here is my list of who will be in the steady rotation for the Tribe.

Doty
Richards
Sampson
Haas

Martinez
Miller
Manuel
Nelson
Pelligrin

Stassinos*
Glorioso
Peveto*

The ones in BOLD are kids who saw the floor at the varsity level last season and I have asterisks by the ones who I know the least about and am listing them based on a bit of conjecture. If this were Our final varsity squad it would be a VERY LARGE squad for PNG Basketball. This would be our prime opportunity to make this thing happen. I truly believe we were only millimeters away from a playoff birth last year. THIS will be our year!!!

We will be a LOADED team once we are a COMPLETE team! ;)

That is an impressive list but I'm really not sure I am totally convinced. I guess I will want to see what we are playing against and what sort of talent level the rest of the teams have. I would like to know what TransplantTribesman has to say and what his thoughts are on this.

carzan

500+ Posts
The Tribe played hard but came up short tonight. We really seemed to struggle to get into the sync of OUR game. We played the Tigers game most of the night. I think we did a good job for the experience level we have right now. Our young guards played well once everybody got settled down a bit. Jake Tenner did a great job off the bench! Vic Sampson has really come a long way and is quite the ball handler. Sawyer Haas plays with the intensity of a middle linebacker! We will be fine this year and when district play rolls around we re going to a team to beat!

Final tonight was
Silsbee 63
PNG 44

NDN4EVA

Missing 3 starters and still coming that close to beating a full roster Silsbee. That is really good. Can't wait to see me some basketball.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores