VS Vidor Friday Night 02-05-2010

carzan

500+ Posts
Png travels to Vidor to take on the Pirates at the vidor gym. This is not a game to take lightly for several reasons. Vidor managed to beat us in the Bridge City classic just after Christmas. True, we did not play well at all that day but they still beat us! We are really a different team from then. We are now not only without two of our original starting guards but we will have to also finish the season without our 6'5" post. Dylan sustained an injury Monday in practice that will have him on the sidelines for the remainder of the season. We will have to make some adjustments but should still come out of this one with a "W"

tribesman

100+ Posts
Man, I feel for the kids and Coach Abel... What started out as such a promising season has been derailed by heart-wrenching losses, grades (should never happen), and injuries. There is no doubt in my mind that this team, if the kids stay healthy and eligible, is a playoff caliber team and gets in. It's a shame.

carzan

500+ Posts
tribesman said:
Man, I feel for the kids and Coach Abel... What started out as such a promising season has been derailed by heart-wrenching losses, grades (should never happen), and injuries. There is no doubt in my mind that this team, if the kids stay healthy and eligible, is a playoff caliber team and gets in. It's a shame.

You are correct. I have to add though, I am very impressed with those that have stepped in and stepped up! These kids have played basketball with so much heart this year that I would be proud of them if they hadn't won a single game!

Also while it's very remote there is still a mathematical possibility for the Tribe! It's a longshot but stranger things have happened.

I just want to say that this group of kids are as solid a group that I can remember.Also,we lost the (2) starters to grades and then the Richards kid gets injured.If everything goes our way,I think we do in fact have a legitimate playoff shot.But nonetheless,this has been a GREAT YEAR FOR INDIAN BASKETBALL.And as Carzan stated we still have an outside chance.

carzan

500+ Posts
This has been a crazy couple of weeks for me! Things are hopefully beginning to settle down just a bit though and I am hoping to get out to the Gym for the JV game. I will try to post updates here if I have a good signal with my phone.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores