We Need to Get Rid Of....

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Of all the theories of why Cherokee can't be heard at the North end of our stadium, bandkid's latest reason makes the most sense to me. I wonder if the band was situated lower if that would help. But unless we get a playoff game at home (remember we played Galena Park at home 2 years ago), we would have to wait until next year to try this.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
I remember when men were the only ones to cheer at sporting events. My how things have changed. Thank God. I am not very vocal and some folks might think I am somewhat reserved or stuffy. But let me tell you every year I can't wait for PNG FOOTBALL. I am one of the middle aged crazy ladies on the top row. When game time comes, I will be standing, yelling, clapping and making as much noise as I can for as long as there is time on the clock. I have done it for baseball, softball, volleyball and soccer for years. I can tell you that it is the best stress reliever - better than black jack, margaritaville or any drink I've ever had. We have had folks turn off their hearing aid in front of us, ask us to sit down, and last year at Nederland's game a lady even went to the police to try to get them to ask us to sit down. No disrespect to those around us, but as someone commented, my ticket was paid for too and in this great county we have freedom of speech. For me and some of those near me, we take that seriously and our free speech is in support of PNG sports and is loud and long. As for LA crowd, it seems as if they are there for social hour and to catch up on the community's latest gossip. I realize that some older folks can't stand for long, but they can clap and cheer. I just hope that I can do it for many years to come. For those of you who sit on your hands, you are truly missing the fun and excitement of the game. We are having a winning season and are in the playoffs. Get those creative juices flowing and bring on the noise - air horns, cow bells, cans, clappers, anything that makes noise. The more the better. Not to copy, but to quote Texas A&M, it truly is the 12th. man (in my case WOman). I promise you when the game is over and we have won, you feel like you played 4 quarters and were a part of the victory. PNG FANS BLEED PURPLE AND ARE THE GREATEST EVER. As for me, I am STANDING LOUD AND PROUD ! I INVITE YOU TO JOIN ME !

NONS81

Got to agree with Old Eagle and Band Kid - I think the sound is "escaping" the stadium with nothing to bounce back off of, I really and truly could not hear in section F. I had to "watch" for Cherokee to know when to stand and clap, and I was the only one standing and clapping on my whole row - kinda made me mad, but I didn't say anything, because they were clapping....but we got off beat...

Now, noise - the only thing I do not like is the "chop" because bad things happen on the field when we play it...i have watched very carefully and something bad always always happens - so i take it as a bad omen...sorry i am superstitious about stuff like that..I think it is because the "chop" is Seminole and we are Cherokee - can't be mixing tribes like that lol - blame the 70/80's coaches for this, I remember Coach Hooper saying one night, "we are going to win tonight, the sun is setting and the sky is purple, we are going to win" and we did.

If we want another song, then make something up...don't take from another tribe...lol

Pngrick72

PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
I remember when men were the only ones to cheer at sporting events. My how things have changed. Thank God. I am not very vocal and some folks might think I am somewhat reserved or stuffy. But let me tell you every year I can't wait for PNG FOOTBALL. I am one of the middle aged crazy ladies on the top row. When game time comes, I will be standing, yelling, clapping and making as much noise as I can for as long as there is time on the clock. I have done it for baseball, softball, volleyball and soccer for years. I can tell you that it is the best stress reliever - better than black jack, margaritaville or any drink I've ever had. We have had folks turn off their hearing aid in front of us, ask us to sit down, and last year at Nederland's game a lady even went to the police to try to get them to ask us to sit down. No disrespect to those around us, but as someone commented, my ticket was paid for too and in this great county we have freedom of speech. For me and some of those near me, we take that seriously and our free speech is in support of PNG sports and is loud and long. As for LA crowd, it seems as if they are there for social hour and to catch up on the community's latest gossip. I realize that some older folks can't stand for long, but they can clap and cheer. I just hope that I can do it for many years to come. For those of you who sit on your hands, you are truly missing the fun and excitement of the game. We are having a winning season and are in the playoffs. Get those creative juices flowing and bring on the noise - air horns, cow bells, cans, clappers, anything that makes noise. The more the better. Not to copy, but to quote Texas A&M, it truly is the 12th. man (in my case WOman). I promise you when the game is over and we have won, you feel like you played 4 quarters and were a part of the victory. PNG FANS BLEED PURPLE AND ARE THE GREATEST EVER. As for me, I am STANDING LOUD AND PROUD ! I INVITE YOU TO JOIN ME !
I mentioned at the last game that I want to sit by those ladies at the Central game! The Lumberton game was the most Fun game because everyone was yelling the entire game. At the Ozen game, the crowd was not the same, they yelled when the team made a good play, but was nothing like the Lumberton game. I remember when we saw the 1st player come out of the locker room the crowd would clap and stand, at the Ozen game no one clapped when they came out, not until they ran thru the sign. Our fans need to let our team know we are behind them and yell as soon as they walk out of the locker room. This is a very special history making season, so let's show Central what fan support is all about. Ladies, save me a seat at the Central game, i have a sleigh bell belt that is very Loud that I might bring to the game. You group of ladies are True fans that I can say really make me Proud to be an Indian Fan. See you at the game!!!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
As far as us using the "Stephenville can thing", I don't think what we're using is anything close to what S-ville or Nederland uses! If I'm correct, I don't even think they're propane bottles, unless they are very small ones! I mean, those things are VERY loud that they almost drowned out the noise from the crowd, and I'm not hearing anything to that caliber on our side. I also agree that these kids have little or no recollection of S-ville and just know Nederland uses them, and want to get something going on our side, even if it's a similar idea, I mean it's really hard to come up with a "orginal" idea for a noise maker cause there is so much out there these days. Now the bells, may just be as close to original that we will get, I haven't seen anything like that at any games I've been to in a long time, so I say we do it, but we have to be really careful when we use them so we don't distract OUR boys on the field. I think we all are just suffering from a little PSTD from the S-ville game and every time we hear those darn things we have flashbacks ;D! I know I HATED those things when S-ville used them and when Nederland started using them I want to die :thud:,

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
Pngrick72 said:
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:
I mentioned at the last game that I want to sit by those ladies at the Central game! The Lumberton game was the most Fun game because everyone was yelling the entire game. At the Ozen game, the crowd was not the same, they yelled when the team made a good play, but was nothing like the Lumberton game. I remember when we saw the 1st player come out of the locker room the crowd would clap and stand, at the Ozen game no one clapped when they came out, not until they ran thru the sign. Our fans need to let our team know we are behind them and yell as soon as they walk out of the locker room. This is a very special history making season, so let's show Central what fan support is all about. Ladies, save me a seat at the Central game, i have a sleigh bell belt that is very Loud that I might bring to the game. You group of ladies are True fans that I can say really make me Proud to be an Indian Fan. See you at the game!!!

Get to the game early and sit on the 50 yard line and up high and you should be able to sit near those ladies that YELL SCREAM AND CHEER on the INDIANS.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I think I'm gonna go with jingle bells, cause it sounds like what the NDN Spirit has! Hmmm...I wonder what it would sound like if you put jingle bells in a propane bottle...lol!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I like the little tom tom idea. I'm thinking about the ones ones you hold in both hands and spin them by moving your hands back and forth like you're warming them. They have the beads on strings and the beads hit the toms as the toms spin.

Can you imagine thousands of those going at one time?

They are called Indian Monkey Drums, and the cheapest I have found them is $3.55 each. Once company actually wanted more than $15 for one. Wish I could find them cheaper. Would be a good idea for another fund raiser for the booster club.

http://www.bradshawwholesale.com/product_info.php?products_id=22076453

http://www.jungleothings.com/product_info.php?products_id=23122590

akifan94

500+ Posts
Former NDNette said:
We could be 16-0 and you're still going to have people complaining. I sit in Sec. D. There are quite a few older people in that section and some of them I'm amazed that they even make it up the steps, so give them a break. I've had people complain at away games about my standing up during Cherokee and one night I'd heard enough, I turned around and politely said either you need to stand up too, or maybe you should move because I paid for my ticket just like you did and I choose to stand up and participate. Never heard another word out of them.

I can assure you the vast majority of the people not standing were in perfectly fine health.

akifan94

500+ Posts
Cheermom4 said:
Pngrick72 said:
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:

Get to the game early and sit on the 50 yard line and up high and you should be able to sit near those ladies that YELL SCREAM AND CHEER on the INDIANS.

I sat three rows down on the 50 for the Lumberton game and that was probably the most fun I have had at a game in a while. The lady with the megaphone?? behind me was giving it her all. It just makes for a better atmosphere when the fans actually SHOW they care instead of just showing up for a social event.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Oh yeah? Well, ya ought to sit right in front of her the entire season. You can't hear the person sitting next to you, for those cheers (if ya want to call it that) "SOMEBODY GET NUMBER 21!" Geesh. We just cover our ears every time she gets cranking. After a while, she got the hint and stopped.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
thumbnail.aspx

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Everyone who knows me knows I have a "big mouth" and I use it evry game to support our team, but I also am courteous and yell at appropriate times such as when the team comes out, when a great play is made, when we score, etc. In other words, I yell when everyone else yells. I try not to bother others and I definitely don't blow horns in other fans ears nor shake a cow bell in someone's ear. No one can say they support the Indians more than I do--maybe as much but not more. I like to share my yells with my neighbors and we all have a good time.

NDNfan#1

100+ Posts
I think some people think of the home games the way some think of church. They feel like they should be there but don't really care about whats happening. The away games is where the true fans show up. It's always packed cause they have small stands but it adds to the experience. Lumberton was one of the funnest games in a long time. I hope Central is just as fun.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
akifan94 said:
Cheermom4 said:
Pngrick72 said:
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:

I sat three rows down on the 50 for the Lumberton game and that was probably the most fun I have had at a game in a while. The lady with the megaphone?? behind me was giving it her all. It just makes for a better atmosphere when the fans actually SHOW they care instead of just showing up for a social event.
akifan94 said:
Cheermom4 said:
Pngrick72 said:
PNGROW4650YRDLN said:

I am one of those ladies. For the person who said the lady kept saying "somebody get No. 21" that obviously wasn't us. No disrespect, but we wouldn't have stopped until the clock reflected 4th. Quarter - 00.0 minutes left. For the Central game, come early, go to the 50 and head straight up. That's where we will bring on the noise and have as much fun as the kids. The more the merry-er - oooops - I meant to say the more the louder we will be. See you at the game. :clap: :woohoo: :shout: :band: :clap: :woohoo: :shout: :band:

itybityndn

afndn said:
I have been able to attend more games this year than I have since 1998. I moved to Houston back from Alaska so I drive in almost every week. I think I missed 2 games. Vidor and Texas City. I turned to my dad last night and said.. I'm starting to almost hate these home games. Tongue in cheek really, but I drove to Livingston and Lumberton and had an absolute Blast. I sit in Section D Row 14 at home. If you turn to the left and look... no one from E over is standing. Maybe a few patches. Cherokee plays and they sit. Maybe because they can't hear it, but they can see others standing. The home crowd is Dead compared to the Away crowds. I can't wait for the Playoff games and the game next week. I agree with the L.A. homecrowd comment above. BUT. At least we show up. Ozen had 158 fans. PATHETIC.
I sit in section E and I agree, noone stands, claps, or yells, and when you do, you feel like you are doing something wrong. I didn't even attend the last home game because I am bored to death with these fans, and not being able to hear the band. I can't wait for the away game at Central, and playoffs where I can pick my seat, and sit around the "true" indian fans.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
itybityndn said:
afndn said:
I have been able to attend more games this year than I have since 1998. I moved to Houston back from Alaska so I drive in almost every week. I think I missed 2 games. Vidor and Texas City. I turned to my dad last night and said.. I'm starting to almost hate these home games. Tongue in cheek really, but I drove to Livingston and Lumberton and had an absolute Blast. I sit in Section D Row 14 at home. If you turn to the left and look... no one from E over is standing. Maybe a few patches. Cherokee plays and they sit. Maybe because they can't hear it, but they can see others standing. The home crowd is Dead compared to the Away crowds. I can't wait for the Playoff games and the game next week. I agree with the L.A. homecrowd comment above. BUT. At least we show up. Ozen had 158 fans. PATHETIC.
I sit in section E and I agree, noone stands, claps, or yells, and when you do, you feel like you are doing something wrong. I didn't even attend the last home game because I am bored to death with these fans, and not being able to hear the band. I can't wait for the away game at Central, and playoffs where I can pick my seat, and sit around the "true" indian fans.

Get there early go to the 50 yard line and go straight up to the top and you can sit with people who will STAND AND CHEER on those NDNS all night long.

crazindnfan

well personally all of the people that are against the "cans" y'all are starting to remind me of good ole Pat Briggs who LOVES to take the fun out of everything...the kids really enjoy being loud and supporting there awesome team and the guys on the football team enjoy it more than you even know! why do you think when we are being so quite they turn around and lift ONE hand and we get much louder/go crazy? Another thing...since our band has gotten much smaller in the years and we got a much LARGER stadium we cant hear the band...well that's why the cheerleaders hold up theses really cool signs that say "stand up for Cherokee" even though you might not hear the band but can see the signs we should ALWAYS stand and clap. but I'm sure the people that are grimping about this problem are the ones sitting during Cherokee even though the signs are in there face....? :welcome:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores