Weather Fri night!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Ok, Coop said on setxsports.com that there should be moderate to light rain at kickoff time Fri night...doesn't sound too bad to me. I'm bringing lots of umbrellas and plastic tarps to share, so Indian Nation better NOT let the chance of a little rain keep yall away....we gotta show Brenham NOTHING will keep us AWAY!!

png9mon

:nono: Or, here's a thought! Get panchos, and/or slicker suits & leave the umbrellas at home so the fans that come can actually see the game!!! That would be greatly appreciated.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
Rain won't keep us away. I have all the slicker suits and ponchos packed. Extra change of clothes in the bag. Is it Friday yet???

Watchful

Two encouraging tidbits on the Houston weather this evening...

1 - It looked like the peak of the Harris County rain was around 8 a.m. - much less in the evening. (weather.com doesn't necessarily agree)

2 - They also mentioned the possibility that the rain would be more prevalent in the southern part of the area.

By tomorrow there should be an hour by hour forecast on weather.com - of course Harris County weather predictions generally change by the hour anyway!

In any case - if you are driving in the rain - please drive safely!

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Yes, Please don't use unbrellas. I think all stadiums shouls ban umbrellas. I know some stadiums do. If you get stuck behind someone with one you can't see anything.We will have our ponchos ready! Does anyone from the houston area know if Aldine allows you to bring in outside drinks,,coffee,hot chocolate etc.? Most HS stadiums do, but some won't allow it.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Leaving the umbrellas at home is a good idea. They obstruct view and, in close seating arrangements, drain water onto the people behind you. Slickers and panchos are definitely the way to go.

N

NDNPARENT

Wife and I went to Academy this afternoon to get us some poncho and they were out of PURPLE!!! had to get the clear one!

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
Yes, Please don't use unbrellas. I think all stadiums shouls ban umbrellas. I know some stadiums do. If you get stuck behind someone with one you can't see anything.We will have our ponchos ready! Does anyone from the houston area know if Aldine allows you to bring in outside drinks,,coffee,hot chocolate etc.? Most HS stadiums do, but some won't allow it.
I saw the website for Thorne Stadium on one of the other threads which had a lot of information about concession stands, restrooms, etc. I didn't read all of it and don't remember which thread it was. Google W. W. Thorne Stadium.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Man, yall focus in on one thing and just run with it huh? ::) I get it about the umbrellas, I was just making a statement, hoping the rain wouldn't keep people away, that's it! I don't intend to use my umbrella during the game, but I will while standing in line. Sorry, didn't mean to bring out the "umbrella" police :police:!

sddmbr

NDNmom91 said:
Man, yall focus in on one thing and just run with it huh? ::) I get it about the umbrellas, I was just making a statement, hoping the rain wouldn't keep people away, that's it! I don't intend to use my umbrella during the game, but I will while standing in line. Sorry, didn't mean to bring out the "umbrella" police :police:!

:thumbsup:

Lonestar JR

This afternoon the Aldine athletice directors office told me the following:

1) There is only one parking lot for all attendees. There are signs posted for Visitors and Home teams.
The Visitor section is as you enter the Pky Lot. The Home team sign in deeper into the Pky L.

2) No food or drinks are allowed to be brought throught the ticket gate.

3) The option for SRO tickets was left up to the individual schools. This doesn't seem correct to me
but since I don't know any of the Indian Chiefs, someone with connections will have to check that
out.

Weather - For the Houston area most of the rain will be over by 1 p.m. on Friday and most of it is supposed to be south of I-10. So, it looks like we may get a break on the weather. It will be chilly though. Keep praying that the rain doesn't come any further north. A good source of weather for Houston is myfoxhouston.com/subindes/weather.

After the game we will be able to say that PNG Dunbar'ed the Cubs from the 4A Championship!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Lonestar JR said:

1) There is only one parking lot for all attendees. There are signs posted for Visitors and Home teams.
The Visitor section is as you enter the Pky Lot. The Home team sign in deeper into the Pky L.

3) The option for SRO tickets was left up to the individual schools. This doesn't seem correct to me
but since I don't know any of the Indian Chiefs, someone with connections will have to check that
out.

Weather - For the Houston area most of the rain will be over by 1 p.m. on Friday and most of it is supposed to be south of I-10. So, it looks like we may get a break on the weather. It will be chilly though. Keep praying that the rain doesn't come any further north. A good source of weather for Houston is myfoxhouston.com/subindes/weather.

After the game we will be able to say that PNG Dunbar'ed the Cubs from the 4A Championship!

Great info!
.....and PN-G keeps Harmon-izing their way to a 4A State Championship! ;D

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Lonestar JR said:

out.

I am not doubting you, Lonestar, but when you view the satellite view of Thorne Stadium on www.TexasBob.com it appears that there is a parking lot on both sides of the stands. I guess we will find out what gives when we get there. Thanks for the info.

PNGfollower

How strange that they would say there is only one parking lot for all. I've driven by there to check it out, and there is definitely parking on both sides of the stadium. Home team parking on west and north, and visitor on east. (satellite view: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&q=1865+aldine+bender+rd,+houston,+tx&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=1865+Aldine+Bender+Rd,+Houston,+Harris,+Texas+77032&gl=us&ei=urwFS7S4Don_nAfov7y-Cw&ved=0CAgQ8gEwAA&ll=29.933162,-95.358828&spn=0.004472,0.009624&t=h&z=17)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores