Weather Fri night!

Lonestar JR

I'll check back with the Aldine athletic department in the am on the parking lot situation and have another post by 9:30 am. I hope the Administrators for the pngindians.com site can get more details on the stadium for next week and post it by Sunday afternoon. Last week on the first page, they included stadium directions and home team status. I had to call the PNG Athletic dept. this week to learn that PNG is the home team this week. Maybe, they were the home team because they were sole champions of their district and Brenham shares its district championship. Maybe I am the only one who doesn't know how Home team designation is determined in the playoffs.

akifan94

500+ Posts
NDNTime said:
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/subindex/weather

Be sure to check out the weather from this site (as posted earlier, I just included it as a link).

It appears the heavy rain will be in the morning. By mid-day, the rain stays around the coast with only a few stray showers northward. By game time, it appears to just be cloudy!

the same site also is calling for 80% @ 5:00 pm. Hopefully it is gone. Rain doesn't bother me but lightning would stink.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Just heard the forecast on Houston radio. They are saying that the rains will be heavy during the day BUT the rain would be south of I-10. This is GREAT news! They should open up the end zone SRO..SO Indian fans...everyone show up Friday and we will fill our side, Brenham's empty seats and the end zone hills with PURPLE!

ndn78

100+ Posts
Not trying to be a pessimist but if it rains hard all day and even if it stops by game time I doubt Aldine will open the grass areas. I know people from that area and they have told me in the past those areas got messed up pretty bad when they let them get used during a wet game and the ISD said they would not let it happen again.

Let's hope the some of the reports are right and the heavy stuff stays south! Be carefull on your drive over, I plan on leaving around 1:00! Go NDN's

NDNfan#1

100+ Posts
I saw on Beaumont Enterprise that there are still 3,000 tickets left on Brenham's side. These tickets should be available at the gate on their side. So don't worry about the rain and if SRO will be sold. We can just fill up their side too rain or shine.

indianforever

100+ Posts
ndn78 said:
Not trying to be a pessimist but if it rains hard all day and even if it stops by game time I doubt Aldine will open the grass areas. I know people from that area and they have told me in the past those areas got messed up pretty bad when they let them get used during a wet game and the ISD said they would not let it happen again.

Let's hope the some of the reports are right and the heavy stuff stays south! Be carefull on your drive over, I plan on leaving around 1:00! Go NDN's
i am leaving at the same time hopefully i see alot of PN-G faithful on the road....i will have my flags flying :woot:

afndn

If you watch the video on myfoxhouston and pause the radar when it is moving it will be dry in that area from 5pm until midnight. we just might be good to go.
fingers crossed.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I wish they would just reschedule this game to give both teams the best chance, but I know the weather is too hard to predict, but from what I'm looking at, it's supposed to be raining, cats, dogs, cows, and Indians tonight...oh well, I hope they're all wrong!

Lonestar JR

To Oldeagle and others: Thanks for challenging the "one parking lot" statement by a person at Aldine Athletics. There is a stadium map at Aldine.k12.tx.us/cms/documents/THORNEST.JPG that shows a west parking lot for the Home Team (PNG) and an east parking lot for the Visitors. I talked to a different person at Aldine this a.m. and they said that the entrances to the stadium are from Aldine Bender Rd. Take the Aldine Westfield Rd. exit off of Beltway 8 (Sam Houston Pkwy). From Port Neches, you will turn left under the Beltway. You will be going south on Aldine Westfield. At Aldine Bender turn right and Thorne will be on your right. You will see a "Visitor's" sign first then the home parking sign will be a little further west. Sorry I didn't get this right the first time. I get some amazing answers when I talk to people who are supposed to know these things. Last week when I was trying to find the correct exit to take off of I-10 to Stalworth Stadium, the person at the Texas Highway Dept in Baytown didn't even know there was a Stallworth Stadium? Can you imagine? Where do these people come from?

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
NDNmom91 said:
I wish they would just reschedule this game to give both teams the best chance, but I know the weather is too hard to predict, but from what I'm looking at, it's supposed to be raining, cats, dogs, cows, and Indians tonight...oh well, I hope they're all wrong!

Expect rain, but lightning delays are another factor.

NDN06

100+ Posts
NDNmom91 said:
Headed out to get me some rain boots...I hope I can find some purple ones!!

Go to Academy.. they're not completely purple, they have stripes on them, but are MOSTLY purple... good luck!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Cool...thanks...Target had some purple ones with white polka dots on their web site, just not sure if they have them in the store....so Target and Academy here I come, and if anyone else is planning on going over there, I need a size 8...don't take the last pair ;D!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores