Magnolia 28, Kingwood Park 26 - Final

New Caney West Fork vs. Bryan Rudder

Other Scores
Galena Park North Shore 38, South Oak Cliff 0 - Final
Sulphur Springs 68, Mesquite Poteet 17 - Final
West Orange-Stark 30, Newton 8 - Final

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I went to the Nederland game with my son to watch his girlfriend perform cause she’s a Senior in the Lumberton band/color guard. It’s hard to judge since it’s the 1st game, new coaching staff, new system, rain, and significantly weaker opponent but here’s my observation for what’s it worth.
They’re SMALL in #’s and size!
#1, who I believe is the same RB from last year, was pretty much the ENTIRE offense…he scored ALL their TD’s! Arm tackling won’t cut it…better WRAP UP and HANG ON or he’s GONE!
Not much of a passing game, but I’m sure the rain was a factor. Don’t really have an opinion on their defense cause Lumberton helped them out A LOT with turnovers and STUPID penalties! ‍
Basically…weather was NASTY, Lumberton couldn’t figure out how to stop ONE DUDE, and I MISSED hearing CHEROKEE!

WarDance

8-5A Scores

Port Neches-Groves 39, Klein Oak 17 - Final
Dayton 19, Crosby 14 - Final
Brenham 39, Huntsville 35 - Final
Magnolia 59, Montgomery Lake Creek 33 - Final
Nederland 37, Lumberton 0 - Final
Splendora 70, Cleveland 10 - Final
New Caney West Fork vs. Bryan Rudder

Upcoming
Magnolia at Kingwood Park - Saturday, 6PM

Other Scores
Galena Park North Shore 38, South Oak Cliff 0 - Final
Sulphur Springs 68, Mesquite Poteet 17 - Final
West Orange-Stark 30, Newton 8 - Final
Bryan Rudder won 43 - 31. West Fork's Head Coach is Dougald McDougald, who is a PNG Alumni that played on the 1975 state championship team.

Last edited:

pngfan316

100+ Posts
I went to the Nederland game with my son to watch his girlfriend perform cause she’s a Senior in the Lumberton band/color guard. It’s hard to judge since it’s the 1st game, new coaching staff, new system, rain, and significantly weaker opponent but here’s my observation for what’s it worth.
#1, who I believe is the same RB from last year, was pretty much the ENTIRE offense…he scored ALL their TD’s! Arm tackling won’t cut it…better WRAP UP and HANG ON or he’s GONE!
Not much of a passing game, but I’m sure the rain was a factor. Don’t really have an opinion on their defense cause Lumberton helped them out A LOT with turnovers and STUPID penalties! ‍
Basically…weather was NASTY, Lumberton couldn’t figure out how to stop ONE DUDE, and I MISSED hearing CHEROKEE!
#1 Hubert Thomas is one hell of a dude. Best RB in the Area in my opinion

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Bryan Rudder won 43 - 31. West Fork's Head Coach is Dougald McDougald, who is a PNG Alumni who played on the 1975 state championship team.
That’s great. I always thought that Dougald McDougald and the late Jim Bob Helduser had some cool and memorable names. Both played on the offensive line.

WarDance

They should move him to QB so he touches the ball every play and just run to daylight.
Either him or their other RB #5. That dude was also quick and either him or #1 need to touch the ball every play. He went down for a few plays due to a painful leg cramp, but when he returned, he was just as fast.

One thing for sure is someone needs to step up and replace #12. With that coaching staff, it may or may not help. KO has some good athletes in their stable, but other teams in their district, like Klein Cain, are going to hand them a beat down unless some changes are made.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
They should move him to QB so he touches the ball every play and just run to daylight. We had a player like that just a few years ago. ;)
Ha, I kept telling my son, EVERYBODY knows #1 is getting the ball so you’d think Lumberton could figure out how to stop ONE GUY….my son just said, “like ROSCHON?” :p Good point…lol!

NHSBulldogFan

Ive got a couple of thoughts...We're actually bigger than we were last year but we're not exactly PN-G size on the offensive front...we have 42 on the roster this year 28 of those being seniors...it is the Hubert Thomas show on this side of the tracks but the rest of the Bulldogs combined for over 100 yards on the ground in game 1 the Scott Rich Nederland Bulldogs are 3 yards and a cloud of dust about as old school as you can get and that extends to our JV and Freshman groups as well...we have no vertical passing game to speak of so once teams start crowing the line it's going to make it harder to get yards...ive got no complaints on defense they played really well...I watched the PN-G game today they have to stop getting under center that didn't work at all but it's the size of the PN-G offensive line that will give every team in 8 5A D2 problems this year

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I personally think every team should run some plays under center it opens up a different point of view angle
Shotgun w/setback RB is about the worst running game formation ever invented was (invented for the read option and you need Vince Young to run it maybe Michael Vick— handoffs to the RB might as well be replaced by Roschon Left Roschon Right at least you don’t have the slowdown factor of handing the ball off and you have one more blocker (the trap draw is an exception (it works))
The pistol is the best shotgun running formation but you still don’t get the automatic misdirection the QB drop back provides. Just my opinion. No one is wrong.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Ive got a couple of thoughts...We're actually bigger than we were last year but we're not exactly PN-G size on the offensive front...we have 42 on the roster this year 28 of those being seniors...it is the Hubert Thomas show on this side of the tracks but the rest of the Bulldogs combined for over 100 yards on the ground in game 1 the Scott Rich Nederland Bulldogs are 3 yards and a cloud of dust about as old school as you can get and that extends to our JV and Freshman groups as well...we have no vertical passing game to speak of so once teams start crowing the line it's going to make it harder to get yards...ive got no complaints on defense they played really well...I watched the PN-G game today they have to stop getting under center that didn't work at all but it's the size of the PN-G offensive line that will give every team in 8 5A D2 problems this year
Honestly, minus a strong passing game… based off what I saw in less than desirable conditions, the dogs reminded me a lot of the last few PNG teams prior to Joseph. A rather undersized, scrappy, bend but don’t break defense and a ONE MAN show on offense that some of the best defenses could NOT figure out how to STOP! I’m sure you know who I’m referring to…lol! Looks like Hubert put on a lot of size too…I hope he stays healthy cause he’s gonna be fun to watch!

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Thursday scores of note

Fulshear 49
Ridge Point 41

Laporte 0-2 losing to Kingwood 21-28

Willis 40-7 over Klein Collins

Tatum over Daingerfield 34-14

Alvin over Fb Dulles 21-0

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores