Week 1: PN-G @ Huntsville

twrpng

100+ Posts
I don’t know if I’m going yet depends on work. It should be a good test to see what we got.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
My football season ended last night. Turnaround goes until November all on nights

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
It's kinda looking like I'll be headed to the Carolinas. Why does Hurricane Season always have to occur during Football Season????

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I’m going to try to go. I’m at Clear Springs vs Converse Judson right now. WOW my first time coming to the CCISD new(er) stadium. Hands down the nicest HS stadium I’ve ever seen.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Nicer than Berry Center?

Allen ISD Stadium would be tough to beat. Never seen it though.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Same layout as Berry Center. No Gym that makes the Berry center better overall I guess. But this one has tables to eat etc under the stands. Seats are a good 3 feet from the person in front of you (opposite of Silsbee LOL. I haven’t been to Allen either but I’m taking into account the structural disasters lol.

prepballfan

Staff member
Huntsville vs Willis highlights and info from last nights game
https://www.itemonline.com/sports/gameday-central-huntsville-vs-willis-highlights-photos-and-live-updates/article_fafdf45e-c819-11e9-a301-d30483641d3e.html

prepballfan

Staff member
Huntsville starting QB hurt this week and may not play against the Indians.
Coach Southern...
https://www.itemonline.com/multimedia/rodney-southern-talks-win-over-willis-hornets-overcoming-adversity/video_2aedc320-cbb1-11e9-bf2c-d33c26ccca7a.html

prepballfan

Staff member
Article on the game that discusses last nights game and the injury to their QB.
https://www.itemonline.com/sports/huntsville-beats-willis---highlights-and-photos/article_3c925c9c-cba9-11e9-aee1-9b5002fcc4e9.html

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Once again at this game my pet peeve. PAT attempt blocked. Defense tried to return it a good 5-7 seconds of game time. All the while refs knowing defensive offsides and we were going to do it all over again. The play should be whistled dead at that point. Same with illegal blocks on kick and punt returns. Etc. pointless effort and risk of injury on a lame duck play. Clear Springs should have won this game I left start of the 4th mental errors. All the while the Judson hot shot QB I was thinking “he got the first down, but I GUARANTEE Roschon would have taken that one to the house.” Haha. Multiple times. I figure that’s what people are seeing about him right now at UT he’s trying to take every play to the end zone. (I bet)

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
PNGIndian75 said:
Agreed, although the 70's Astrodome games would but that is not possible anymore.
I was there for many. I always say my love for HS football was borne at PNG and those playoff games.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
IndianFan said:
Let's talk some week 1 football! Who's travelling to Huntsville?

I will be making the trip to Huntsville. I'm anxious to see the Indians in-person.

Go Indians. Peace.

snowbird

Sure hope the Indians tackle better this week. They were in position to make the play against Silsbee but did not wrap up. Huntsville is going to be a much harder team to handle this week if we do not tackle better. This may be one of the fastest defense we have had in a few years, but we have to finish the play. Good luck and safe travels. :helmet:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t think Huntsville has running backs that compare to Silsbee. But in general that is a great observation. A lot of opportunities to stop the play sooner.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores