Weekly Radio Broadcast

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:

Thanks for getting this on the homepage! Easy to find/easy to navigate.

Also, big thanks for adding the forum link to the top of the main page! Just some added benefits to make the website easy to navigate and very user friendly. Keep up the great work!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
New format applied about 3 weeks ago. Glad to hear it’s easier to navigate. That was the intent. Don’t hesitate to share other recommendations.

crawfish_75081

Hate to keep saying this,but DEFENSE wins championships. When is the PN-G coaching going to correct a very weak defensive design?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I’m thankful for the radio broadcast. Francis, Lance, Rachael, [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]and all sponsors. Thanks to all.[/font]

hookem14

100+ Posts
crawfish_75081 said:
Hate to keep saying this,but DEFENSE wins championships. When is the PN-G coaching going to correct a very weak defensive design?
A few scores from last years Texas State Championship games:
5A D1 Championship
Highland Park 53
Manvel 49
6A D2 Championship
Cy Fair 51
Midway 35
6A D1 Championship
Allen 35
Lake Travis 33
4A D1 Championship
Carthage 49
Kennadale 21

All those games were won with offense. I'm not saying defense is not important by any means, I was a defensive guy myself, and love good defense, but with today's high powered fast break spread offenses, keeping teams from scoring points in chunks is becoming much more difficult. Todays game is not the same as it was 15, 20, 25+ years ago.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
You also have to factor in the new tackling rules on defense. What would have made the highlight reel 10 years ago would now result in a 15 yard penalty and ejection. Even the monster hits on overthrows/drops took a toll on route running and the passing game in general. The defensive side starts with a massive disadvantage.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores