Staff member
C'mon, didn't you see TopGun? :)
- see the second defintion below

1mav·er·ick noun \?mav-rik, ?ma-v?-\
Definition of MAVERICK
1: an unbranded range animal; especially : a motherless calf
2: an independent individual who does not go along with a group or party

phetonb

I bet Doty, Jalali, Bertrand, the OL, and the rest have their "PNG" iron nice and hot this Saturday night!!!

Brand a BIG "PNG" on that Maverick and call it a cow!!!

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
PNG NDN Fan said:
C'mon, didn't you see TopGun? :)
- see the second defintion below

1mav·er·ick noun \?mav-rik, ?ma-v?-\
Definition of MAVERICK
1: an unbranded range animal; especially : a motherless calf
2: an independent individual who does not go along with a group or party

DUH..Tom Cruise was my 2nd choice for a husband...my first being a broken down old PNG football player. lol

but what is going to be running around on their sidelines?

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
I guess they are referring to a mustang. Scroll the page at http://www.mavplayers.com/ and you will see two horses on an emblem. If not look for your Tom Cruise on the sidelines. LOL

ndnmom79

I clicked around and ended up getting to their High school page. I noticed that they are having a bus provided for their fans to take them to and from the game for $1. Just imagine if PNG had to do that!!! LOL!! :helmet: :helmet: :clap: :clap: :clap:
PNG NDN Fan said:
I guess they are referring to a mustang. Scroll the page at http://www.mavplayers.com/ and you will see two horses on an emblem. If not look for your Tom Cruise on the sidelines. LOL

attakapandn

100+ Posts
I emailed the principle of Manvel and ask what is their mascot. , He emailed me back and said their maascot is a wild horse , similar to the Dallas Mavericks.

phetonb

attakapandn said:
I emailed the principle of Manvel and ask what is their mascot. , He emailed me back and said their maascot is a wild horse , similar to the Dallas Mavericks.

An unbranded wild horse that will get a big PNG branded on it's derrière Saturday night!

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
PNG NDN Fan said:
If it was what I remember, it was steering the thread off topic.
you have got to be kidding me! Almost every thread on this board gets off topic and nobody deletes posts. Plus, no one even commented on what I said. It was meant as a joke, in reference to the SNL skit that a lot of people saw, no ill will towards Sarah Palin. Perhaps I should ask you what offends you politically before I post here, if you are the one who deleted it. I have seen a lot of things on this board that are derogatory to players, fans, coaches, administrators and politicians that have been allowed to slide,so I am shocked that this would be deleted. Ridiculous.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
You can blame me for that. I get to be the bad guy a lot of the time but that's ok. That goes with the territory of providing this type of forum.

There were two comments made after that post including one by myself which I also deleted. Simply because I don't want any notion of politics ruining the spirit. Let's keep it positive!

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
OK. I don't either, but it was just a light hearted joke, no malice intended. I never saw the responses. I get a kick out of SNL making fun of all parties involved.I couldn't buy the off topic answer for this or any message board! I definitely don' want any bickering on here to distract from the excitement that we have in our community right now, I am sorry. Also, PNG NDN Fan...I apologize.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
ndnsrock44 said:
OK. I don't either, but it was just a light hearted joke, no malice intended. I never saw the responses. I get a kick out of SNL making fun of all parties involved.I couldn't buy the off topic answer for this or any message board! I definitely don' want any bickering on here to distract from the excitement that we have in our community right now, I am sorry. Also, PNG NDN Fan...I apologize.

No problem ndnsrock44, it's all good.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
ndnsrock44 said:

No problem ndnsrock44, the responses were the reason to delete all.

It's all good.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores