What will it take to get a win over Nederland?

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
I'm just as upset as the next person about dropping a game to the dogs. But, I'm still proud to boast that I'm an Indian and will forever be indebted to MY school. I'm grateful for the coach that we have and thankful that he truly cares about the well-being of our players, not only on the football field, but in life as well.

To whomever put signs in BF's yard: you are despicable. You are a disgrace to the purple and white. Either grow up or get out of our town. We don't need your ilk.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
NDNTime said:
I'm just as upset as the next person about dropping a game to the dogs. But, I'm still proud to boast that I'm an Indian and will forever be indebted to MY school. I'm grateful for the coach that we have and thankful that he truly cares about the well-being of our players, not only on the football field, but in life as well.

To whomever put signs in BF's yard: you are despicable. You are a disgrace to the purple and white. Either grow up or get out of our town. We don't need your ilk.

+1

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
I for one, love watching Coach Faircloths offense. Its never boring. He's also a great QB coach and with the talent we have coming up in that position, I would hate to get a run happy coach in here and see that go to waste.

Does anyone have the stats for the game?

blitz30

I have never been a football coach, but I have spent some time around them. The amount of time spent in preparation before, during, after school and on weekends is incredible. Not many of us outside that profession would spend that much time with such a small reward. What we tend to forget is that they are dealing with 16-18 year old kids that have problems outside of the field that affects them. some have girl problems, grade problems and many have home problems so some of you out there may be part of the problem rather than part of the solution. You don't know that they told a player to do this or that or not do this or that and they do or not do anyway.
The sign in BF's yard was placed by cowards. Many post on here are from some of the same cowards. You got a problem, make an appointment and talk the coach(s) rather than hiding behind signs and message boards.
Time to get behind the team and coaches with words of encouragement and support. that can be difficult for some of you. complaining is much easier.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
blitz30 said:
I have never been a football coach, but I have spent some time around them. The amount of time spent in preparation before, during, after school and on weekends is incredible. Not many of us outside that profession would spend that much time with such a small reward. What we tend to forget is that they are dealing with 16-18 year old kids that have problems outside of the field that affects them. some have girl problems, grade problems and many have home problems so some of you out there may be part of the problem rather than part of the solution. You don't know that they told a player to do this or that or not do this or that and they do or not do anyway.
The sign in BF's yard was placed by cowards. Many post on here are from some of the same cowards. You got a problem, make an appointment and talk the coach(s) rather than hiding behind signs and message boards.
Time to get behind the team and coaches with words of encouragement and support. that can be difficult for some of you. complaining is much easier.

+1

and girl problems are horrendous at this age. I know, I have a 15 yr old. Its the end of the world..lol

Fairlane

100+ Posts
NDNTime said:

Were the signs placed in his yard after the game or before the game, or before and after? I've heard all three versions.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It could have been anyone, including people from another nearby town just to play mind games.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
NDNbyChoice said:
NDNTime said:

Were the signs placed in his yard after the game or before the game, or before and after? I've heard all three versions.

I have no idea. But all three versions are condemnable IMO.

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
My Vote is to keep Faircloth and let all of the folks that armchair sit in and see how that goes.You could always move. Let's go Indians! Lots of football to be played. Falling down is not the crying shame not getting up is. Continuing to work hard is key! I am cheering on Coaches ,players and band.It might be your entertainment but for these kids it's life skills.

bark

1,000+ Posts
In viewing these post,

We know BF is doing his best.
Kids are working hard.
We are winning, this year.

Do we replace BF after 6/7 years, maybe BUT it better be a PROVEN HC.

My gripe is too too too much emphasis on Qb records
Not enough attn to defense
I know someone knows but what is the average age and years exp of our varsity staff?
I have never coached HS football but I know many that are HOFers that did and they talked about ithe play calling this weekend

pngfanatic

100+ Posts
IndianFan said:
It could have been anyone, including people from another nearby town just to play mind games.

I'm thinking along the same lines. Hopefully this was done by someone from another city. It's been a while since I've lived in Port Neches, but I just find it hard to believe that an Indian fan would have done this. I'm always bragging to my football friends here in Florida about the loyalty of PNG fans. I've been following Indian football since the 60s and we've always supported the team no matter what - e.g. no booing of the team or coaching decisions during games. And certainly nothing as disrespectful as the For Sale signs.

I joined the Internet game broadcast as soon as my son's game was over here in Tampa - just in time to hear Nederland go up 24-6. I have to admit that my first reaction was to turn off the game in disgust. But I know that Faircloth's teams never give up and I was rewarded with a great comeback in the 4th quarter.

No doubt the mistakes and penalties are very frustrating, but I still feel like PNG is going to win before every game. Or at least play a competitive game regardless of the opponent. That feeling was starting to slip for me before Faircloth arrived. IMO we have the potential for a good playoff run almost every year now. Maybe this will be the year - just need to get on a hot streak before the playoffs start.

RealIndian1209

Look I agree with all of you about the signs, shouldn't have been done. I also agree he is a good man and has done some great things for the program, but lets not sugar coat this either. Four teams make the playoffs these days, if that would have been the case for MB when he was coaching his ending resume would have looked pretty sweet then. Beating Nederland is part of the deal when you coach at PNG, it might not be in the contract but its understood. I honestly think if BF cared about defense as much as MB and Larry Neumann did, with his offense of mind they could be something really special.

I personally think BF is a great OC and could possible coach at the next level, but this whole attitude, we are going to out score you has not played in our favor against good teams.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
RealIndian1209 said:
Look I agree with all of you about the signs, shouldn't have been done. I also agree he is a good man and has done some great things for the program, but lets not sugar coat this either. Four teams make the playoffs these days, if that would have been the case for MB when he was coaching his ending resume would have looked pretty sweet then. Beating Nederland is part of the deal when you coach at PNG, it might not be in the contract but its understood. I honestly think if BF cared about defense as much as MB and Larry Neumann did, with his offense of mind they could be something really special.

I personally think BF is a great OC and could possible coach at the next level, but this whole attitude, we are going to out score you has not played in our favor against good teams.

Considering the fact that BF's defense is #1 in the entire district this season, I can see where you would be able to draw a conclusion that he doesn't care about that side of the ball.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
How good the offense and defense develops is highly dependent on number of available athletes possessing the physical attributes needed to be dominant ( speed and size). Some years PNG has sufficient numbers, sometimes not. The great thing about this season is a lot of the defensive starters are talented and back again next season.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores