What's It Gonna Take????

bark

1,000+ Posts
pngmom4 said:
IndianFan said:
This is the same great coaching staff that turned the program around in 2009. A loss to Nederland doesn't justify ragging on Faircloth and staff. Two things will result from all the negative talk and neither is good. 1) the players and coaches will see the lukewarm support and be negatively affected. 2) Faircloth will likely move on to a higher profile program that pays more and has a lot more athletes year in and year out. PNG finally has a top caliber coaching staff again. Count you blessings and look forward to the team solving it's weak spots.

Not the same staff.

Many have gone. Not to say these aren't just as good but some of the new guys came from Jr. High positions, I was told that the guys from Westlake and Highland were at the Jr. High level not Varsity. May take a while to adjust to this level.

I think we have always had top caliber coaches. Many on the 2009 staff were on Burnetts staff, as a matter of fact.

I don't think the coaches read any of this BS - including my opinion too.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
Sports Fan said:
Alright...I don't post much but I feel a need to here. First, Bertrand is STILL the 2nd all-time single season rushing leader in school history! Second, Arvie scored his 67 yard TD (that everyone keeps hanging their hat on) in the final seconds of a blowout game against what was likely not even the teams starters at that point. Third, our running backs are tasked with being able to run, block, catch and protect the ball. Bertrand has done and is doing an excellent job of those four things. After Bertrand, Wommack probably does those four things the next best. The truth is, we are very fortunate to have 3 outstanding running backs. They each have different styles that can benefit this team and although it would be nice to see more combinations of them in the backfield, we need to appreciate what Bertrand has done with the ball in his hands and respect the work that our coaching staff does with establishing the gameplans each week.

GO INDIANS!

plus one.

bandkid

Staff member
Take this for what it's worth because it's coming from someone who's only managed to attend one game this season.

How could anyone be bailing on this coaching staff? We went toe to toe with the best offense in the district and matched them point for point until the fourth quarter. Then we go up against the best defense in the district and only lose by a field goal. Have people back home forgotten what Faircloth & Co. did in '09? More importantly, have y'all forgotten entering mid-season 1-4 last year and then turning things around and making PN-G's deepest playoff run since '99? Are there problems? Yes, but the coaches will fix them, just like last year. Faircloth won't disappoint. He hasn't so far, and he won't now.

PNG267

First off, I just want to say until you get into the film room with these coaches or players and until you go to every practice and know every call and play, you don't know very much about what is going on with the team... You don't know if it is a bad play call by the coach on offense or defense, you don't know if it's a mental bust by a player, you don't know what is the world is really going on. That is simply why these are MY opinions only.

I know for a fact (not opinion) that Arvie goes to practices and that he works extremely hard. Do I think that Arvie should touch the ball more? Yes. He's a play maker, a raw athlete. Do I think he is an every down back? No. Do I think Bertrand is? Yes. Everyone refers to the long run he had against GP and I'm here to say that it wasn't when GP was at full strength at the end of the game and he was. That's why he should get the ball because he is fresh and the defense is slower and tired, making him the play maker/not the every down back. Bertrand is the best at all the things that they ask a running back to do.

As far as coaches go, I love the call to go for it on 4th and 1 down there! Our kicker is good! But can sometimes be inconsistent. Do I like the qb dive from shotgun? no. But that's okay because if he would have made it, coach is the smartest man alive.... Right?... Our coaches are the real deal.

Our OLine is young and everyone is kind of spoiled from last years unusually large and talented players. Give them some time to develope because they are getting better and will be good! Ned's dline was incredible, give them credit for that!

Let's stop bashing players and coaches not only because EVERYONE (coaches and players) hears or reads what is said on this board or because everyone messes up, but because if you are a true fan you love our team and have faith in them... We didn't have our best game!! So what! Last years team was 1-4 at this very point in the season! It's all about getting better and I know the coaches and players are working to do that as hard as they can!

ndn2006

This game was exciting and fun for me! My nephew has been a Bulldog for the last two years and is an Indian this year so I had the privilege of taking him to hist first Indian Football game. The first words out of his mouth was "I want to be a football player" which he previously didn't want to be. And when we left I asked him if he had fun and he said yes and I said to bad the Indians didn't win huh? and he said "that's ok they still played very good". This is a great example of HONOR, PRIDE, AND TRADITION, it's what PNG is all about. My nephew had a blast and was very proud of the football players as am I. Win or lose they put there hearts on that field every week and that's something to be proud of.

On a different note, it was fun to see that they still teach the fight song instantly to these kids. Like I said earlier it's my nephews first year as an Indian and when Cherokee started he knew every word. He loves being an Indian! :clap:

ndnpro

We all have our opinion on what the coaches should and should not be doing.

However, the past few years i have watched the players from JV and Varsity grow as atheletes.

Antonio Arvie does deserve a chance at more playing time, he has great speed and was gaining 20+ yards a carry last year it seemed on JV. I know the talent is better on varsity, but even so, the competition was nothing to him. That 67 yard touchdown was not an anomaly, he is that kind of running back.
Womack is also a very talented runner that would be a good change of pace back or even on kick off returns.
Some how getting these two involved would help in my opinion, it make sense to keep fresh legs on the field, instead we seem to weat out our Star players by keeping them in on every play.

The coaches may know something that I dont, but get more players involced, stay fresh and we can close out games.

thatpngfan

I saw Romero go in the first 1/4, Kid was fast and hard to take down, I know that Coach F only likes for them to play one side of the ball, Defense and special teams, but dang that kid has WHEELS ! Hope we get to see some more of him out there, as well as Arvie and Wolmack. I understand were people are comeing from got to try to mix it up a little !

bark

1,000+ Posts
thatpngfan said:
I saw Romero go in the first 1/4, Kid was fast and hard to take down, I know that Coach F only likes for them to play one side of the ball, Defense and special teams, but dang that kid has WHEELS ! Hope we get to see some more of him out there, as well as Arvie and Wolmack. I understand were people are comeing from got to try to mix it up a little !
wommack has those intangebles. I know his family and one year in MS he played up a grade -maybe 7th on the 8th grade team? Seems like they may not have had 7th grade FB then- can't remember but he is quick and tuff as nails. So is his brother Cameron (7th grader) and a really good solid player on the PNMS team.

Can't say enough good thingd about him and his family

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores