When we win........

squaw

1,000+ Posts
if Central loses this week we will play at Stallworth Stadium, Baytown

If Central wins, we will play in Pasadena, TX

Either way, the game will be played on Saturday (time undetermined)

This is credible info from the horse's mouth. Tickets go on sale the Monday after we beat Willis for one day only. If you don't get your ticket Monday, you can buy them at the stadium.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Per Texas Bob:

Stallworth 16,500 capacity
Pasadena 16,800 capacity

Both field have artificial grass.

And yes squaw, I like your optimism!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
squaw said:
if Central loses this week we will play at Stallworth Stadium, Baytown

If Central wins, we will play in Pasadena, TX

Either way, the game will be played on Saturday (time undetermined)

This is credible info from the horse's mouth. Tickets go on sale the Monday after we beat Willis for one day only. If you don't get your ticket Monday, you can buy them at the stadium.
OK guess its another 4 am stand in line ! love it ! who's bringing breakfast ?

NDN79

500+ Posts
Any place we play will be filled with purple! It looks like we are going to keep playing on Saturday's for the duration of this play-off season.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
ONE DAY! Wow, they'd better be open more than 8-5!

AND wouldn't behoove the school district to set up more than one sales point? I mean, c'mon, it's just GA seating. You can sell those at Market Basket for pete's sake!

akifan94

500+ Posts
As much as I would like to see a Central win I would rather see us play in Baytown. If I recall correctly Pasadena has not been kind to us. Seems like we lost to Nederland there in 05' and to LaMarque in 90'. Is that correct? Someone with a better memory please correct me if I am wrong. ;)

From Texas Bob......

"The first game ever played in this stadium was Sam Rayburn vs. Port Neches-Groves in a torrential rain in September, 1966. Final Score Sam Rayburn 8 Port Neches Groves 6"

squaw

1,000+ Posts
akifan94 said:
As much as I would like to see a Central win I would rather see us play in Baytown. If I recall correctly Pasadena has not been kind to us. Seems like we lost to Nederland there in 05' and to LaMarque in 90'. Is that correct? Someone with a better memory please correct me if I am wrong. ;)
From Texas Bob......
"The first game ever played in this stadium was Sam Rayburn vs. Port Neches-Groves in a torrential rain in September, 1966. Final Score Sam Rayburn 8 Port Neches Groves 6"
Hubby there--plenty of fumbles that game.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
OldEagle said:
Per Texas Bob:

Stallworth 16,500 capacity
Pasadena 16,800 capacity

Both field have artificial grass.

And yes squaw, I like your optimism!
ALWAYS until I die! Love my Indians; oops, OUR Indians!

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
If its a Saturday then wouldnt mind Pasedena...but would rather Baytown. We have been lucky with the weather this season...hope it holds out for us.

Go Indians....Go Central

How awesome would that be..two 20 4A teams going to state.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
ONE DAY! Wow, they'd better be open more than 8-5!

AND wouldn't behoove the school district to set up more than one sales point? I mean, c'mon, it's just GA seating. You can sell those at Market Basket for pete's sake!

It seems they could at least open 2 windows - maybe one for credit/debit cards and one for cash/checks. I guess if you don't get tickets Monday, you could buy at the stadium. Probably won't be a sell out.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
It may not be a sell out, but PN-G will more than fill its side. You get 3+ rounds deep in the playoffs and start having games in and around the Houston area and PN-G alums from the Houston area, Austin area, Coastal Bend, and Central Texas will start coming out of the woodworks. If a 3rd round game gets any type of publicity in the Houston area, you will have 15,000 to 20,000 PN-G alums and fans going to the game. If the Indians get past the 3rd round, Coach Faircloth and the ISD Admin should plan on stadiums that hold 25,000 to 30,000+. The momentum is not much in bidistrict or area, but you get farther along and the purple tide will rise quickly. I remember it in 1977, I saw it 1989, and watching those numbers grow in 1999 was amazing. It will happen again. And the more PN-G rolls, you will have stadium personnel seeking out Faircloth and Cavness rather than us seeking them out. They know PN-G travels well and generates some cash.

Go Indians. Peace.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I remember going to a Fri night game to scout other teams (we were playing Sat) and we wanted to go up to where we'd sit for our games and an Astrodome worker said the upper floors were closed. We were totally amazed when he said "If you want to sit up there, come back tomorrow when PNG plays--we open all levels for them." Sure made us proud.

Adams

nissanindian said:
lets just worry about beating willis first

None of us are playing in the game. I'm sure the Players are more than focused. It's ok for fans to look ahead... I promise.

akifan94

500+ Posts
Adams said:
nissanindian said:
lets just worry about beating willis first

None of us are playing in the game. I'm sure the Players are more than focused. It's ok for fans to look ahead... I promise.

What you talkin about Willis? O0 You know posts on message boards can dictate the outcomes of games. ;D

I feel the same way. Squaw was just passing on what she heard. I hope as a fan base we are all confident we will win.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Thank you, Akifan!! You are right on--I always believe we will win and, if not, I just cry a lot, accept it, then look to see who is coming back next season!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores