Who's that Fan?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
NDN78--hope you get to support an ex-PNG player as we went to the first game and our boys never stepped foot on the field. As an alumni I hate to say this, but I'm going to stay away until they let Caleb and other PNG players at least have the opportunity to play. Their new stadium is so compact it is uncomfortable--maybe they should use ours! lol

ndn78

100+ Posts
Caleb got in on several special teams plays last night, the week before Ryan McGlin played 75% of the snaps on D. They all have to earn their stripes, their high school hero days are over, every one on the team was once the top dog.

And yes the stadium is to compact, they should have spaced the rows further apart. Lots of knees in the back!

As far as the original post. It's great to see fans enthusiasm when their child or relative is envolved, are those same people going to be showing up 5, 10, 15 and 20 yrs plus to support the teams? The people that do this are the ones I respect the most!

I will soon be going to my 50 year PNG class reunion. Have had season tickets since 1963 and don't plan to let them go. Went for over 25 years without missing a game anywhere. Hubby played, son played, nephews played. Two great nephews got their first purple jersey well before they were born. Bought one for Grandson who is due December 16 about two hours after they told me we had a player rather than a cheerleader or Indianette in the basket. Have an option on seats on row 9 when legs get too old to climb the stairs to the top and will be reserving me a wheelchair space if it comes to that. Somebody asked me a week or so ago who I had on the team this year and my reply was "all those boys in purple and white".

squaw

1,000+ Posts
ndn78 said:
Caleb got in on several special teams plays last night, the week before Ryan McGlin played 75% of the snaps on D. They all have to earn their stripes, their high school hero days are over, every one on the team was once the top dog.

And yes the stadium is to compact, they should have spaced the rows further apart. Lots of knees in the back!

As far as the original post. It's great to see fans enthusiasm when their child or relative is envolved, are those same people going to be showing up 5, 10, 15 and 20 yrs plus to support the teams? The people that do this are the ones I respect the most!
Thanks! Glad you get it!

NDN79

500+ Posts
You hit the nail on the head ndn78! I agree with your definition and description of a true fan. Thanks for sharing!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
61ndn said:
I will soon be going to my 50 year PNG class reunion. Have had season tickets since 1963 and don't plan to let them go. Went for over 25 years without missing a game anywhere. Hubby played, son played, nephews played. Two great nephews got their first purple jersey well before they were born. Bought one for Grandson who is due December 16 about two hours after they told me we had a player rather than a cheerleader or Indianette in the basket. Have an option on seats on row 9 when legs get too old to climb the stairs to the top and will be reserving me a wheelchair space if it comes to that. Somebody asked me a week or so ago who I had on the team this year and my reply was "all those boys in purple and white".
AMEN! You sound like us!! We'll be Indian fans until we die.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores