Word on the street is....

Gumbeaux

Thanks for the post...He would be a great pull as I saw his one son is almost high school age and another one after that...

Someone will come along...

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I'll share what I heard today, but, bear in mind, I'm not sure this is correct. Someone, who should be in the know, said to me "Ronnie Thompson is to be the head coach at PNG and its a done deal." I'm not too sure how I feel about this, either. Oh, well, I'm sure no one really cares how I feel. ;D I just hope who gets it is decided upon soon. I hope everyone had as good a Christmas as we did. To those who know me, stop me sometime and ask to see my PNG bracelet. :clap:

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
squaw said:
I'll share what I heard today, but, bear in mind, I'm not sure this is correct. Someone, who should be in the know, said to me "Ronnie Thompson is to be the head coach at PNG and its a done deal." I'm not too sure how I feel about this, either. Oh, well, I'm sure no one really cares how I feel. ;D I just hope who gets it is decided upon soon. I hope everyone had as good a Christmas as we did. To those who know me, stop me sometime and ask to see my PNG bracelet. :clap:

So why would Ronnie Thompson stay on as AD at PAISD knowing the position at PNG was open.......... :huh:

http://www.kfdm.com/sports/boutte_29270___article.html/thompson_coach.html

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Gumbeaux said:
Squaw....Do you believe everyone...????.....Aint happenin..
Heck, no, I don't believe everyone. Personally, I hope it ain't happenin' but I did hear it from someone who is involved with 4A football in the entire state. As I stated, I was just repeating something I heard. Wish they'd hurry up and choose.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Thompson is as good a rumor as the others. Let the speculation continue. ;D

I still think in the end a big name coach will surprise everyone and take the job.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Thompson is as good as a rumor as the others. Let the speculation continue. ;D

I still think in the end a big name coach will surprise everyone and take the job.

Wade's job IS on the line ya know. :sorry:

Smurf

IndianFan said:
Thompson is as good a rumor as the others. Let the speculation continue. ;D

A big name coach is interviewing. Very big.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Well if someone has applied it will be public knowledge soon enough. If there is a name to share then share it. This is not the 8th grade, although sometimes I wonder. :-\

Smurf

PNG NDN Fan said:
Well if someone has applied it will be public knowledge soon enough. If there is a name to share then share it. This is not the 8th grade, although sometimes I wonder. :-\

I've never been good at sharing...but I have always been good at keeping a secret. The names will become public knowledge soon enough. Sorry to seem so "middle school" but I do believe each candidate deserves anonymity until they are ready for public scrutiny for interviewing. Remember, each candidate that is interested in coming here is probably leaving a successful program and a community that does not want to lose them.

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
Well, January 9th is the deadline and that is true we should know soon enough who did and did not apply. The administration is just as excited to get the person here and get them started on the off season.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PN-G is a great situation. Sure there are some problems but EVERY district has them. Every negative that I've heard on this message board has been said in my current district and several other districts that I know about.

The upside is incredible and a POSITIVE minded coach who sees that potential will be thrilled at the prospect of the challenge. Throw in a good salary and there are reasons for almost any coach to come here.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores