2009 Halftime Performances

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Week 0: PN-G vs. Barbers Hill
It was exciting to hear Mr. Durham give the traditional introduction for the band, and even more exciting to hear the crowd and see the standing ovation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bhRisnH0XI

Week 5: PN-G vs. LC-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrqozy6tyXo

squaw

1,000+ Posts
We were watching from the pressbox and everyone looked awesome tonight. This game reminded me so much of past games in the glory years and it warms this old heart. I loved the formation the band made at halftime. If they continue this, I'm getting the car ready for another run at the state title. But, best of all, it was wonderful to see the students pride in themselves, both on and off the field. This is what PNG is all about--honor, pride and tradition. The honor and pride are back.

Pngrick72

The Indian Band did a great job on the field at halftime of the Crosby game. Their routine was better than last week! What a sight from the top row! PNG Indian Band was noticeably Better than Crosby's much larger Band. Thanks to every Band member for their hard work, You are appreciated by All the Fans, so keep up the hard work and continue to make us proud to be a PNG Indian!

squaw said:
We were watching from the pressbox and everyone looked awesome tonight. This game reminded me so much of past games in the glory years and it warms this old heart. I loved the formation the band made at halftime. If they continue this, I'm getting the car ready for another run at the state title. But, best of all, it was wonderful to see the students pride in themselves, both on and off the field. This is what PNG is all about--honor, pride and tradition. The honor and pride are back.

Thank you Squaw!! :)
This band momma is very proud!!! They looked absolutely great last night! Keep up the good work and we will follow you/Purple Pride Band from LCM to Galena Park to STATE !!!
The Indianettes looked great also. They blend soo well all together w/this part of their show. :clap:

Love seeing all the purple and white against the beautiful green!!

indianforever

100+ Posts
can any of you band parents let us know if you hear anything about whether the band will be at the game or not thank you very much

fan

I agree the Band, Indianetts, twirlers, flag group all looked great!

I hope the can entertain tonight.

Crazy Indian Fan

If it's raining only the brass instruments would play, whereas the woodwinds would keep their instruments dry. The band will most likely play if it's raining, but not if it's a downpour.

bandkid

Staff member
The band will most likely be there. The woodwinds will have to have their cases on hand and may have to put them up should the rain start (rain can do damage to woodwind instruments). Should that happen, brass and percussion will continue to play, and the halftime show may be played from the stands depending on the condition of the field and the weather. If the weather continues to deteriorate, my understanding is that the cafeteria is on reserve for the band, Indianettes, cheerleaders, and G-Crew.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Pics from PNG vs Texas City halftime.

Indianettes ! ! !

DSCF7512.jpg

PNG band at halftime, soloist. Great job.

DSCF7518.jpg

Band halftime performance.

DSCF7527.jpg

The soloist is Casey Dean and Seth Beaugh joins him for the duet.
Their show for competition is coming together beautifully! :clap:

The Indianettes looked great with the band !

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Cherokee louder and faster?

Unfortunately, I was not able to make the game against Texas City. However, I was able to see the rebroadcast. Wow! What a game! Congrats to the team.

What I wanted to say, was that I thought I kept hearing Cherokee LOUDER and FASTER. :clap: :clap:

I know I have been vocal in the past about this particular subject but I wanted to say I thought the band sounded and looked great!! The energy seemed like it was flowing throughout the stadium!

Great job and keep up the great work!!!!

NDN79

500+ Posts
Great pictures of the half-time show!! You really did a great job of catching the band and indianettes in action! Another fine job by NDNband69! :clap:

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
Week 0: PN-G vs. Barbers Hill
It was exciting to hear Mr. Durham give the traditional introduction for the band, and even more exciting to hear the crowd and see the standing ovation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bhRisnH0XI

Week 5: PN-G vs. LC-M

YouTube rejected the below video based on it being over 10 minutes in length. I have stripped Cherokee out of the performance and am rendering the new video so I can upload it again. It will be tomorrow before the new video is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeYH2RPtQxs

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for all the effort. :thumbsup:

It's very time consuming to edit video. I know from many years of video taping my son's sports ventures.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores