2012 PNG INDIANS

PNGALWAYS

Based on the number of seniors on our roster, it looks like one of those dreaded "rebuilding" years. Having said that, we will have a few top notch varsity players returning and the JV team was outstanding this year.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I think we are going to have 5 or 6 returners on the D. Several who didn't start but saw alot of play time. Offense I think we will have 5 returners and several who didn't start but saw play time. I think we will be just fine next year and I also think we will have bigger players all around. I don't see it so much as a rebuilding year but building on what we already have. There are several JV players that will step in and do a great job. Our O line will be very good next year. QB will be between AJ and the JV QB. Running back, we will have several running backs to choose from as well. Chipman as a receiver and several good ones from the JV. We will have our kicker back too. I wouldn't start thinking second guessing about what we will have next year. I look forward to another playoff run next year. The next several years we are going to have great teams. Now we have to wait 5 months til Spring ball, then you can add it all up and see what we have. Most of our secondary will return minus Romero and Hollier. Our D line was all Seniors, but we have 2 big Juniors and 1 bug Sophomore for next year. Our D line will be bigger next year. We have several Linebackers who are Juniors and Soph coming back who got play time during the season.
I truly believe we will be right there in the mix again next year. Also, all the kids who are on Varsity and JV this year who play next year have now been in the system for all their football time. Things look good next year as well. They have alot of time til next August to grow, mature and work on football.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Ok used the playoff program to figure out how many players we have coming back next year. This is just what is listed in the program, does not count the players who are on the JV and Freshman team.

Defense. 12
Offense. 8 (includes kicker)

Alot of these boys either started this year or got play time thru out the season. This does not include this years players on JV who were pulled up. There are alot of big boys on this years JV and Freshman teams. There are some very good running backs and receivers on those teams as well. Arvie has alittle brother who is a Freshman this year who will be a Sophomore next year. I think he is faster than Arvie. So to me I'm not very concerned about next years team to much. Remember, every year in HS football you have a rebuilding year. Some years more than others. I think thats why BF has Spring ball. I see us going into next year with a experienced core of players and numerous others with playing experience at the varsity level.

Torino

500+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
I think we are going to have 5 or 6 returners on the D. Several who didn't start but saw alot of play time. Offense I think we will have 5 returners and several who didn't start but saw play time. I think we will be just fine next year and I also think we will have bigger players all around. I don't see it so much as a rebuilding year but building on what we already have. There are several JV players that will step in and do a great job. Our O line will be very good next year. QB will be between AJ and the JV QB. Running back, we will have several running backs to choose from as well. Chipman as a receiver and several good ones from the JV. We will have our kicker back too. I wouldn't start thinking second guessing about what we will have next year. I look forward to another playoff run next year. The next several years we are going to have great teams. Now we have to wait 5 months til Spring ball, then you can add it all up and see what we have. Most of our secondary will return minus Romero and Hollier. Our D line was all Seniors, but we have 2 big Juniors and 1 bug Sophomore for next year. Our D line will be bigger next year. We have several Linebackers who are Juniors and Soph coming back who got play time during the season.
I truly believe we will be right there in the mix again next year. Also, all the kids who are on Varsity and JV this year who play next year have now been in the system for all their football time. Things look good next year as well. They have alot of time til next August to grow, mature and work on football.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
PNGALWAYS said:
Based on the number of seniors on our roster, it looks like one of those dreaded "rebuilding" years. Having said that, we will have a few top notch varsity players returning and the JV team was outstanding this year.
I understand what and why you're saying that this is a "rebuilding" year, but, from experience, I prefer to call next year a "reloading" year! Coach has taught all the younger players our plays and I, for one, am not at all worried about next year. I think we will do even better next year!

bark

1,000+ Posts
[/quote]
Agreed!! the kids next year will be 100% BF's and not carryovers from MB. They will only know BF's system.

There is no specific point to be taken here, other than this will be BF's 1st "class"

bandkid

Staff member
PN-G will be fine next year. The biggest concern is replacing Romero and Miller. Chipman will step up to take Nelson's place and Arvie will probably take Bertrand's place. Those are probably the four biggest holes to fill. With the program seeing more success each year and kids having more experience with Faircloth's system, the improvements will continue.

bark

1,000+ Posts
bamakid said:
PN-G will be fine next year. The biggest concern is replacing Romero and Miller. Chipman will step up to take Nelson's place and Arvie will probably take Bertrand's place. Those are probably the four biggest holes to fill. With the program seeing more success each year and kids having more experience with Faircloth's system, the improvements will continue.
*********************************************************************************
What about the Wommack kid? Any work on the upcomming Qb's?

I agree, we should see more success each year under BF. He seems to never be without a plan to fill the voids. Truley a great coach.

thetestament

Just out of curiousity, do we have any underclassmen that can play qb? Not that I think we need one now because I don't even know our qb situation. I would just like to see some of our kids get 3 years experience and specially if we have a qb that could do it. This is in no way a knock on who we have coming up next year, I was just curious.

bark

1,000+ Posts
thetestament said:
Just out of curiousity, do we have any underclassmen that can play qb? Not that I think we need one now because I don't even know our qb situation. I would just like to see some of our kids get 3 years experience and specially if we have a qb that could do it. This is in no way a knock on who we have coming up next year, I was just curious.
Giblin is going to be a 9th grade Qb and is really big. Don't know if he would be a candidate or not. Not trying to knock whoever is in line. He has had Segura and Smith coaching him and his Dad and Uncle Robert were certainly good.

Longbow

The four potential Quarterbacks for next year are A.J., Eli Vasquez, Logan Ashworth and Ky Walker. AJ is returning from the Varsity team. Eli and Logan were JV QB's and Ky was the freshman QB. All are very talented.

thetestament

Thanks. I met Ky Walker just as he moved from HF. He is a really good kid and from what I understand he is extremely talented.

Longbow

Ky had a very good year despite breaking an ankle against LCM. I think he had 21 TD's (running and passing) through seven games and only threw 3 picks all year. Eli and Logan also did very well. They split their time most of the year and ended with a 9-1 record. AJ did not see alot of playing time this year due to being Travis' backup. Spring training and 7 on 7 will tell the tale this year. We are fortunate to have these guys with the talent that they all possess. I am confident that Coach Faircloth will develop them all.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Good info in this thread...already excited for next season. Share info on our future OL and DL. Love seeing those big PN-G OLs control the line of scrimmage. Ready for some more big DEs...there for awhile we got spoiled having DEs in the 6'3" 220 lbs range. Remember the Schexnider kid at DE around 6'4" or 6'5" and 220 lbs and he could run to be ball. Do we have any future DLs or DEs in that big athletic mold?

Anxious to hear about some of our JRs, SOPHs, and FROSH. These 11-1, 8-5, and 7-4 seasons aren't too shabby. Good time to be part of the PN-G Indians.

Go Indians.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
1989NDN said:
Good info in this thread...already excited for next season. Share info on our future OL and DL. Love seeing those big PN-G OLs control the line of scrimmage. Ready for some more big DEs...there for awhile we got spoiled having DEs in the 6'3" 220 lbs range. Remember the Schexnider kid at DE around 6'4" or 6'5" and 220 lbs and he could run to be ball. Do we have any future DLs or DEs in that big athletic mold?

Anxious to hear about some of our JRs, SOPHs, and FROSH. These 11-1, 8-5, and 7-4 seasons aren't too shabby. Good time to be part of the PN-G Indians.

Go Indians.

O line will have a few big ol boys from the JV up next year, looks like one at 6'3" and about 250, another around 6'1-2" around 240. Both are Sophomores this year. On the D line we have one end who is a Junior this year 6'1" around 230, nose guard, Junior, this year, 6' around 245, strongest kid on the team this year, the other end is up for grabs, but the back up to JD was 5'10" around 225. He is a Sophomore this year. Heard Peveto may end up at inside linebacker next year. Also alot of these boys are going to be getting taller and bigger and faster. I think we will be solid on D next year, and have a more shifty style running back. Like I stated previously, I truly think we have another great playoff team for next year.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I believe next season will be special and the 2 after that. Ky Walker and Arvie will be great in the future.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores