2012 PNG INDIANS

Longbow

You are right Prepball. Arvie is a beast. I also see good things coming for Avery Murdoch, who I think will be another Jayce Nelson. Brant Halfin is sure enough a player on offense or defense. Then you have those big hogs on the O-line like Domino and Mayfield. They are wider than they are tall. Huckaby and little Peveto as well. Good things are coming for the Indians.

png94

100+ Posts
Longbow said:
The four potential Quarterbacks for next year are A.J., Eli Vasquez, Logan Ashworth and Ky Walker. AJ is returning from the Varsity team. Eli and Logan were JV QB's and Ky was the freshman QB. All are very talented.

i see A.J starting next year and someone younger the next yr. What grades will the 2 JV Qb's be in next yr?

png94

100+ Posts
Purple Runs Deep said:
I'd like to go ahead and coin the nickname "sKY WALKER" before this kid blows up! ;D

I believe they will move him into another position because of his size. But I've seen this kid play, and he is a good athlete and will be on the field somewhere.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Some info on Sky Walker he was brought up after his 9th grade practices to run the varsity dummy offense some this season I think that is a indication he may play size or not!!!!!

90NDN

500+ Posts
You want to talk about undersized, just look at the backup QB who often rotates in for Desoto..I bet the kid can't be much more than a buck forty soaking wet, but he sure is fast....he made one of the best runs I've ever seen against Longview this year...and he's just a soph.

Longbow

As far as undersized, He appears to be the average size of the boys his age. He's about 5' 8", 150. We run a roll-out offense and he throws exceptionally well on the run. In the words of Drew Brees, "I don't throw over people, I throw around them". Good philosophy. As tall as Travis is he had several balls batted down this year. Height is not nearly as important as accuracy.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Rumor has is Peveto and the Older Mangini are going to be our inside backers next year. Both are about 6'2" and 200 lbs. Add Riley to nose guard at 6' 250lbs and you have a solid inside D next year. Feel we are gonna have a very good D next year. Lots coming back with lots more who got alot of play time. The O next year is the one I'm trying to figure out.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
pngfan66 - thanks for your contributions to this website. When I see that you post information about the team, I read it. Good stuff. Keep it coming this offseason and during Spring training.

Go Indians. Peace.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
Rumor has is Peveto and the Older Mangini are going to be our inside backers next year. Both are about 6'2" and 200 lbs. Add Riley to nose guard at 6' 250lbs and you have a solid inside D next year. Feel we are gonna have a very good D next year. Lots coming back with lots more who got alot of play time. The O next year is the one I'm trying to figure out.

If so, would like to see Peveto add more size and muscle.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I'm sure the coaches will mention to him he needs to add some weight. I think he will fit in very well at inside linebacker. Quick, fast and hard hitting.I think if Peveto can put on another 15 -20 lbs of muscle he will be a beast ! I'm already excited for Spring ball. But we have to wait a while. In the mean time the boys have off season training and powerlifing. I really do believe next year will be awesome. All the boys have been in the system for 4 years now and the learning curve hopefully has been greatly shortened. I think we will see some other players moved around too.

pbg1990

Talking about QB's for next season, They were two JV QB's
couple years ago, It was AJ and a kid named Eddie Cervantez, I remember them running a two QB system and it work well. I know Eddie is not that tall maybe 5-10 or 5-11, I did see him play when he was on JV against Crosby. Let me tell you this kid can play Indian football very smart, confidence and handle the pressure very well. Coach BF said that his mechanics were awesome, Then again coach cloth worked with him, I see he was on the Varsity squad as a Junior in a WR position. I don't know how true it is but rumor has it that this upcoming season PNG is going to utilize a two QB system with AJ and Eddie Cervantez, any truth to that? Regardless the 2012 Indians are going to be just as good as the 2011 Team.

Longbow

I haven't heard anything about the 2 QB system but then again I probably wouldn't. I haven't heard any mention of Eddie. The 4 QB's from this year were A.J., Eli, Logan and Ky. Coach Faircloth will work with all of them and I feel very confident that whoever BF goes with will be the right man for the job.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I see Cervantez staying at a receiver position. He has good hands. He may end up being another Jalali type of receiver. I have to say that we do have a very good problem with who can or will be our QB next year. Actually its a great problem, just goes to show the talent we have on the field and in the pipeline.

akifan94

500+ Posts
pngfan66 said:

S. Mangini told me he would be playing ILB.

pbg1990

I have to agree with the upcoming QB issues. We have so much talent. I do see A J Smith being the QB, With Ashworth being his back up. He will be on the sideline learning the game plan just like A J did this season until he takes over his senior year. As for Eli Vasquez I see him being move to wide receiver and not QB due to his size (5-7) not saying size matters but since Coach BF got here all the PNG QB under his guidance have been over 6-1 or taller. Yes personally to me size doesn't matter just look at Dustin Long correct me if I am wrong he was 5-10 ? and guide the Indians to the class 4A State championship game against Stephenville. As for the upcoming freshman QB's they will run the JV program next year. In regards to Eddie Cervantez, yes I agree he will be a great receiver. They halve high expectation for him next season, being a former QB expect to see more fake plays with him being involved. The best of luck to our upcoming Varsity football team.

akifan94

500+ Posts
pbg1990 said:
I have to agree with the upcoming QB issues. We have so much talent. I do see A J Smith being the QB, With Ashworth being his back up. He will be on the sideline learning the game plan just like A J did this season until he takes over his senior year. As for Eli Vasquez I see him being move to wide receiver and not QB due to his size (5-7) not saying size matters but since Coach BF got here all the PNG QB under his guidance have been over 6-1 or taller. Yes personally to me size doesn't matter just look at Dustin Long correct me if I am wrong he was 5-10 ? and guide the Indians to the class 4A State championship game against Stephenville. As for the upcoming freshman QB's they will run the JV program next year. In regards to Eddie Cervantez, yes I agree he will be a great receiver. They halve high expectation for him next season, being a former QB expect to see more fake plays with him being involved. The best of luck to our upcoming Varsity football team.

Dustin is 6' 3" as he was listed.

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
pbg1990 said:
Sorry guy, I think Eli is the better QB over Ashworth, But I have faith in coach FC, He is the man when it comes to QB's! and O !

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
Justafan said:
pngfan66 said:

If so, would like to see Peveto add more size and muscle.
Our D line is going to kill next year, and as far as Peveto goes all he needs is the spark, and he will be the man next year!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I just hate our junior back up QB's sitting on the bench all year. I think it takes time to get use to the speed of the game there senior year. They need to see more playing time as juniors.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores