2012 PNG INDIANS

purple3X

It's true about Angel. He's moving to Houston to be closer to his DIV 1 Soccer team. His future's in soccer. Great player

Squaw1

Justafan said:
I just hate our junior back up QB's sitting on the bench all year. I think it takes time to get use to the speed of the game there senior year. They need to see more playing time as juniors.

Wow! How scary is this-----I agree with you. I'd prefer a junior quarterback so we can win a state championship his senior year.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Well before he is discredited, I think we all need to give the kid a chance to show what he can do, and who's to say we don't go all the way next year ? Lots of returners and lots of talent on both sides of the ball.

hpt2012

I see everyone is concern about our upcoming starting QB A.J Smith, I have to disagree with sqwak1 and agree with pngfan66. Yes we have to give him a chance to prove himself first, As for the back up varsity QB (Ashworth), He still needs alot of work and this will be a observe and learn year for him, He should be ready for the 2013 season. If for some odd reason we should encounter any QB issue, Coach BF still has weapons he can utulize as a immediate back-up, If I am not mistaken the other QB that complemented AJ on his JV season was a kid name Cervantez who is a WR, If need be I think he can step in right into the line-up roll, His not tall maybe 5-11, But a very smart signal caller. This kid was fun to watch on his JV season. Awhile back I came across him at the reservation while doing my evening daily walk and saw him working out catching passes and running QB passing routes, Got to say he has a good arm an great mechanics, I ask him if he was ready and his reply was "Yes our Team is ready" Gotta love the leadership of this Cervantez Kid wishing him and the rest of the Purple Pride the best of luck this season, Taking nothing away from the back up QB, But this are options coach BF has at his disposal.

"Sqwak1 Wow! How scary is this-----I agree with you. I'd prefer a junior quarterback so we can win a state championship his senior year."

"pngfan66Well before he is discredited, I think we all need to give the kid a chance to show what he can do, and who's to say we don't go all the way next year ? Lots of returners and lots of talent on both sides of the ball."

bark

1,000+ Posts
The little I know about BF, I truly believe he will play whoever HE thinks is best to put us in a position to win. Period.

Any news on running back? Is the Womack kid in a position to contribute? What about the OL and DL

pbg1990

Do we know who our offensive starters are going to be beside the OL. We know Smith is the starting QB, Womack at RB, Besides Shipman who are the other receivers to replace Lecouer & Nelson?. Thanks

bark

1,000+ Posts
Any 9th graders to be in the future? What about the Henry kid from PN? I have never seen him play but I have heard he has lots of talent. His dad - I'm told - went to USC on a baseball and football schoolarship. there is a kid from Groves who supposably benches 295lb that has a lot of talent.

BF will find somebody and make it work.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
StraightArrow said:
Coach Faircloth runs the "spread", I think that is what it is called. I know just enough to be drangerous.

After going on Monday nights during football season, I thought I was becoming professional!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores