2013??

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
It has been way quiet the past month. Time to start discussing next year, so i'll begin!!!!

1. Will Faircloth be back?
2. Projected starters for 2013?
3. Will Chipman return for his Senior year?
4. How are off season work outs going?
5. Projected starting QB for 2013, Morse or Walker?

bark

1,000+ Posts
justafan said:
It has been way quiet the past month. Time to start discussing next year, so i'll begin!!!!

1. Will Faircloth be back?
2. Projected starters for 2013?
3. Will Chipman return for his Senior year?
4. How are off season work outs going?
5. Projected starting QB for 2013, Morse or Walker?
?????????????????????????????????????????????
1. have to wonder at what point will he have to move on because of his poor record as a Head Coach?
2. no idea
3. One of Chipmans buddy's Dad sells me NO WAY!!!
4. A OL told me the Bench and Squat expectations for OL's is low -whatever that means??
5. Morse

bandkid

Staff member
Faircloth's record as head coach in four seasons is 28-18. He's taken us to the playoffs three out of four times and has three playoff wins under his belt, plus an undefeated regular season. Hard to call that a poor record. The only way Coach Faircloth won't be here in 2013 is if he chooses to leave himself. I don't think that's going to happen.

I can't answer the next three questions, but if I were HC, I would take Morse at QB and keep Walker playing CB.

png fan for life

I know one thing. I sure wish that was PNG playing in the quarterfinals this weekend. We need to have one of the best off seasons we've ever had and get ready for a playoff run next year. :shout:

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
only time will tell..... one weak season, can be explained and imaginable.

Two weak seasons back to back... may not sit well with too many folks.

Hopefully - we will not be addressing this come next December.

bark

1,000+ Posts
IBLEEDPURPLE said:

?????????????????????????????????
take out year 1 and what would the record be?

bandkid

Staff member
bark said:
IBLEEDPURPLE said:

?????????????????????????????????
take out year 1 and what would the record be?

17-17

Before anyone goes off on the "those were Burnett's kids" tangent, they're absolutely right. The 2009 PN-G Indians were Burnett's kids. Mostly the same kids he went 3-6 with the year before. If anything, I think that makes Faircloth's season even more impressive.

Purple Dove

All I have to say, is that when C. F. came here he brought several of his own coaches and 2 of ours went to Vidor, look how far they went this year, maybe he needs to rethink and have them back, Just a thought!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Vidor had 2 above average seasons due to the QB/LB. That type of player does not come through a program very often. Without the QB/LB, Vidor will return to .500 or below. Those beloved Pirates with their Hall of Fame coaching staff have only beaten Coach Faircloth 1x. The Pirate offense is nothing special and neither is their coaching staff. Take away the Dustin Long years and what would Coach Burnett's record be? 65-59, which is a tad above .500. Let's not even bring up Coach Burnett's overall record vs. Nederland [Hint: it is really scary minus the Dustin Long era]. The PN-G faithful that cling to 1974-1977 and the year 1999 love to wear those purple shaded sunglasses and tend to forget the years when 5-5 or worse was the norm. PN-G's program lost good coaches over the past 2 years, i.e., the ones that Coach Faircloth brought with him. If the lower classification talent pools are all that they are made out to be, then we should enjoy a return to playoff football. If not, then I'm sure most of you will get your wish and Coach Faircloth will move on to another program. Even if we do win, all of the Debbie-downers will find something else to complain about. I can hear it now, "Ethridge's team did it differently in 1977" or "if we only had Coach Burnett, we would have converted that 3rd and 3 with student body left, student body right, and up the middle." Just wait until PN-G has enrollment numbers on the lower end of 4A football and we return to .500 football and the mobs want to fire whoever the coach may be...then we can drop down in classification and find a Wing-T coach from Vidor to dominate 3A and 2A football.

People love to use this forum to complain...be it the Multipurpose Activity Center and its funding (or lack thereof), who will maintain the Multipurpose Activity Center, who will pay for the maintenance, the Booster Club, coaches, or team results. Here's an idea, be proactive...contribute to the funding, join the Booster Club, talk to the coaching staff, send your questions to the PN-GISD school board, and get involved with PN-GISD.

Frustrating rant...over...Go Indians. Peace.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
This thread wasn't started to bash Coach Faircloth, it was created to discuss next year. I fully support Coach as he's been great for our kids at PNG. So let keep on topic!!!!

badndn

500+ Posts
Bark its funny you would ask about the record if we took out year 1 since year 2 the Indians went 3 rounds deep!
As far as the comment about the OLine lifting benchmarks being low next year, all I read all offseason last year was how much these kids were lifting and working out??
Great post 1989! And one other thing PNG is already on the smaller side of the 4A enrollment ranks in the state. Average 4A school is 1800, PNG is 1400. Go look at the enrollments for 4A DII (small school) teams still left. and to think we are the 3rd largest school in our district. Ned is facing teams 500-600 larger than them each week.

Longbow

This is just a suggestion. Before anybody comes on this message board and opens a topic which is sure to generate controversy, call or email the coaches office and ask the question directly to the people who know the answers. There are no secrets here. The coaches are very willing to answer any of our questions as are the players. The coaches met with the varsity players two weeks ago on an individual basis and discussed their individual roles in next year's team. The boys are very positive about it and they are working hard to prevent this year's unique situation from happening again. Stay positive, support the coaches and players and good things are coming our way with next year's team.

bark

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
Vidor had 2 above average seasons due to the QB/LB. That type of player does not come through a program very often. Without the QB/LB, Vidor will return to .500 or below. Those beloved Pirates with their Hall of Fame coaching staff have only beaten Coach Faircloth 1x. The Pirate offense is nothing special and neither is their coaching staff. Take away the Dustin Long years and what would Coach Burnett's record be? 65-59, which is a tad above .500. Let's not even bring up Coach Burnett's overall record vs. Nederland [Hint: it is really scary minus the Dustin Long era]. The PN-G faithful that cling to 1974-1977 and the year 1999 love to wear those purple shaded sunglasses and tend to forget the years when 5-5 or worse was the norm. PN-G's program lost good coaches over the past 2 years, i.e., the ones that Coach Faircloth brought with him. If the lower classification talent pools are all that they are made out to be, then we should enjoy a return to playoff football. If not, then I'm sure most of you will get your wish and Coach Faircloth will move on to another program. Even if we do win, all of the Debbie-downers will find something else to complain about. I can hear it now, "Ethridge's team did it differently in 1977" or "if we only had Coach Burnett, we would have converted that 3rd and 3 with student body left, student body right, and up the middle." Just wait until PN-G has enrollment numbers on the lower end of 4A football and we return to .500 football and the mobs want to fire whoever the coach may be...then we can drop down in classification and find a Wing-T coach from Vidor to dominate 3A and 2A football.

People love to use this forum to complain...be it the Multipurpose Activity Center and its funding (or lack thereof), who will maintain the Multipurpose Activity Center, who will pay for the maintenance, the Booster Club, coaches, or team results. Here's an idea, be proactive...contribute to the funding, join the Booster Club, talk to the coaching staff, send your questions to the PN-GISD school board, and get involved with PN-GISD.

Frustrating rant...over...Go Indians. Peace.
???????????????????????????????????????????
I agree!

Fairclothe is open to conversation, the school will pay for the monthly exp. of the indoor facility, the school board members I know are VERY approachable and all will work out.

png94

100+ Posts
Lets all stay positive for next year. The next 3 to 4 years should be very exciting! We have alot of talent coming and I believe Coach will have these boys ready. We cannot start questioning our coaching after one bad season. I see the passion and drive to win. As soon as the season was over, he had his coaches headed in different areas of the state to scout teams that are in the playoffs to get new ideas. Every year they go to different universities to find new ways to improve our football team. These coaches do not have to do this, but instead they take time away from their families to help our program get better. We will have the youngest team I have ever seen next year, but we will do better and I believe make the playoffs, so lets keep this thread on next year and not in the past. 2012 is over! Go Indians! :rocks:

bark

1,000+ Posts
png94 said:
Lets all stay positive for next year. The next 3 to 4 years should be very exciting! We have alot of talent coming and I believe Coach will have these boys ready. We cannot start questioning our coaching after one bad season. I see the passion and drive to win. As soon as the season was over, he had his coaches headed in different areas of the state to scout teams that are in the playoffs to get new ideas. Every year they go to different universities to find new ways to improve our football team. These coaches do not have to do this, but instead they take time away from their families to help our program get better. We will have the youngest team I have ever seen next year, but we will do better and I believe make the playoffs, so lets keep this thread on next year and not in the past. 2012 is over! Go Indians! :rocks:
good point

hpt2012

Longbow said:
The coaches met with the varsity players two weeks ago on an individual basis and discussed their individual roles in next year's team.

He does that every year with the entire team, My nephew played the last two years in Varsity, And he (Faircloth) meet individually with even the seniors (Bertrand, Nelson, etc...). However Ive heard he (Faircloth) didn't meet with any of his outgoing seniors this year. If that's true coming from some outgoing seniors, IMO that's kind of crappy (That's Being nice) on behalf of Coach Faircloth for not affording this kids the opportunity to seat down with him one last time. This were his babies (Incoming Freshmen) when he got here, I guess if they had a poor season, Why bother to meet with the seniors. That's plain Sorry an Un-Indian Nation. Please respond if heard otherwise. Peace

bilman10

Has anyone considered that the talent pool was a little shallow this season ?Are you really going to blame the coach for everything ? When we went 10-0 we had a D1 QB .

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores