2013??

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
png94 said:
So, on a positive note, what's your opinion on next years team? We will be very young, and I'm hearing coach may not do spring practice. Do we have spring practice or have an extra scrimmage? I know alot of players are going to play baseball this year. Whats your take? Which is better in your opinion?

For the kids that play multiple sports, good for them. You are only in high school for a short period of time. Play as many sports as you want, get involved and stay involved. Track, baseball, basketball, soccer, golf, swimming, lacrosse, Spring football, 7 on 7, drama, UIL academic clubs, etc. I want for PN-G students to be active. Active students translate into future alumni that care about the ISD and its future generations. That is what makes PN-G a special school. We have students, teachers, administrators, and alumni that care about each other and our ISD. I have no issue with skipping Spring football and getting extra time during the Fall when 2-a-days arrive. Just find kids that want to compete. And, dear Santa Claus, bring us a defense. The end.

Go Indians. Peace.

:clap: :clap:

badndn

500+ Posts
Forfeiting Spring football next year makes perfect sense. Both potential starting QBs are big baseball players!

bark

1,000+ Posts
badndn said:
Forfeiting Spring football next year makes perfect sense. Both potential starting QBs are big baseball players!
?????????????????????????????
why the change of philosophy, not to say we should or should not have Spring training. just wonder why after all these years?

no negativity - just curious

hookem14

100+ Posts
Faircloth knows his starting QB will be a sophomore, as a freshman this year he has a different athletic period than the upperclassmen, so he would not get to practice with the players he will be throwing the ball too during spring ball all that much. Why have spring ball if your QB can’t be a part of it? If we bypass spring ball, his starting QB will get to have an extra week in the fall with an extra scrimmage. Makes sense to me!

hookem14

100+ Posts
justafan said:
They can still have spring practice minus pads correct?
Sure you can, but you still can't practice without your starting QB if he is in a different athletic period. Seems like a waist of good practice time to me without him!

bark

1,000+ Posts
hookem14 said:
Faircloth knows his starting QB will be a sophomore, as a freshman this year he has a different athletic period than the upperclassmen, so he would not get to practice with the players he will be throwing the ball too during spring ball all that much. Why have spring ball if your QB can’t be a part of it? If we bypass spring ball, his starting QB will get to have an extra week in the fall with an extra scrimmage. Makes sense to me!
????????????????????
there ya go. Did Doty play baseball - I can't remember

hookem14

100+ Posts
bark said:
hookem14 said:
????????????????????
I don't think he did, but I don't think it has anything to do with baseball, just the differing athletic periods.

bark

1,000+ Posts
hookem14 said:
bark said:
hookem14 said:
????????????????????
I don't think he did, but I don't think it has anything to do with baseball, just the differing athletic periods.
???????????
ok

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
hookem14 said:
justafan said:
Sure you can, but you still can't practice without your starting QB if he is in a different athletic period. Seems like a waist of good practice time to me without him!

Schedule change?? lol

Longbow

That is not the reason. We have Murdock, Walker, Halfin, Sparks, Hughes, Hodges, Lane, Terrell, Lamoine etc... are all baseball players. Of these, several will be starters in football. Can't be in two places at once.

badndn

500+ Posts
Doty, Miller and Smith all played Basketball, but no baseball. This will be the first year under Faircloth that the QB plays baseball, which is odd.
I know Freshman only get athletics every other day, but are the boys also in a separate time or class period than the rest?

bark

1,000+ Posts
justafan said:
hookem14 said:
justafan said:

Schedule change?? lol
????????????????????????????
surley we have had a freshman -sophmore to be as a starting QB and had spring training.

nothing personal but what about the other 21 positions? and work on defence, we sure need it

but it is Fairclothes team and decision

hookem14

100+ Posts
bark said:
justafan said:
hookem14 said:
justafan said:

Schedule change?? lol
????????????????????????????
surley we have had a freshman -sophmore to be as a starting QB and had spring training.

nothing personal but what about the other 21 positions? and work on defence, we sure need it

but it is Fairclothes team and decision
We will still have offseason. Players can still get Bigger, Faster, and Stronger. PN-G has had plenty of really good defenses that did not go through spring football. In fact, some of the best defenses I can remember over the last 30 years or so did not have spring football, just an extra week in the fall to practice with an extra scrimmage.

hpt2012

When Burnett was here, the seniors were kicked out of the locker room the Monday after their last game to the "has beens" locker room and were ignored the rest of the year unless they played another sport. He never adressed them individually or even as a group after his post game talk. Is that "crappy" or "plain sorry and UN-Indian" or do we just throw rocks at Faircloth? While we're playing the what if game, let's take out last season and what is his record? To me, last season was the anomally, not his first season. Y'all keep this crap up and he will leave for greener pastures and he will be successful wherever he goes. I guess that will make a segment of this community happy when they have one of their good ol boys back as the Head Coach, no matter what his record is.

Ndndrocks44, Sorry to here that Burnett through the seniors out as well. I hope you forgave him, that's crappy as well. But you cannot compare Burnett with Faircloth, And Burnett is not our issue here, The issue is our current head Coach. All i am saying is that he should've at least meet with his seniors, like he has the previous years. that's what a first class coach suppose to do. And if he decides to leave, Well it's not because there is a division of supporters, it's just that he had a better monetary offers, that is what we strive in life to better ourselves and our family. And if he leaves, not that we want him to, He will get replace with another quality coach, just like we did when he was hired. Trust me there is no shortage of top coaches in the state that would like to be part of the PNG coaching tradition. So no worries here. Go Indians

Bruiser

hpt2012 said:
When Burnett was here, the seniors were kicked out of the locker room the Monday after their last game to the "has beens" locker room and were ignored the rest of the year unless they played another sport. He never adressed them individually or even as a group after his post game talk. Is that "crappy" or "plain sorry and UN-Indian" or do we just throw rocks at Faircloth? While we're playing the what if game, let's take out last season and what is his record? To me, last season was the anomally, not his first season. Y'all keep this crap up and he will leave for greener pastures and he will be successful wherever he goes. I guess that will make a segment of this community happy when they have one of their good ol boys back as the Head Coach, no matter what his record is.

Ndndrocks44, Sorry to here that Burnett through the seniors out as well. I hope you forgave him, that's crappy as well. But you cannot compare Burnett with Faircloth, And Burnett is not our issue here, The issue is our current head Coach. All i am saying is that he should've at least meet with his seniors, like he has the previous years. that's what a first class coach suppose to do. And if he decides to leave, Well it's not because there is a division of supporters, it's just that he had a better monetary offers, that is what we strive in life to better ourselves and our family. And if he leaves, not that we want him to, He will get replace with another quality coach, just like we did when he was hired. Trust me there is no shortage of top coaches in the state that would like to be part of the PNG coaching tradition. So no worries here. Go Indians
hpt...FYI, Coach Faircloth did meet with the seniors as well as the entire team for the first 3 days the week after the season was over. He sent several to basketball, several to baseball, and others not playing another sport are in a study hall class for now. This coaching staff has handled this group very professionally...you need to get your facts straight before you get on a message board and make false accusations!

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
hpt2012 said:

Says you and the Burnett loyalist.

:nono:

hpt2012

Automo 65 said:
hpt2012 said:

hpt...FYI, Coach Faircloth did meet with the seniors as well as the entire team for the first 3 days the week after the season was over. He sent several to basketball, several to baseball, and others not playing another sport are in a study hall class for now. This coaching staff has handled this group very professionally...you need to get your facts straight before you get on a message board and make false accusations!

Automo65, First of, I don't make accusation like you claim, My nephew played varsity the last two years. Second he is currently playing varsity basketball, And NO he has yet to meet with Coach Cloth individually like you claim they have and that goes for the other football seniors playing basketball with him, I think you need to get your facts straight my friend, before you start accusing folks.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores