2013??

badndn

500+ Posts
bark said:
justafan said:
hookem14 said:
justafan said:
They can still have spring practice minus pads correct?
Sure you can, but you still can't practice without your starting QB if he is in a different athletic period. Seems like a waist of good practice time to me without him!

Schedule change?? lol
????????????????????????????
surley we have had a freshman -sophmore to be as a starting QB and had spring training.

nothing personal but what about the other 21 positions? and work on defence, we sure need it

but it is Fairclothes team and decision

The last Sophomore starting QB at PNG was Tatum and before him was Long and Burnett did not do Spring Football. Spring Ball started with Faircloth. As far as the other 21 positions, defense in particular, maybe the second scrimmage is whats needed to improve tackling and assignments. How many personel changes on defense have been made the last 3 or 4 years between weeks 1 and 3. I am sure it would be nice to have that extra game to help make those decisions a little earlier.

png94

100+ Posts
what do we have coming back as far as DL? I know we have Rembert at ILB and i cannot remember the other young mans name, Broussard at OLB, not sure on the other side, and Walker, Bryan, Peveto, and ? in the secondary. I believe our front four are very important for success. That is a big reason Nederland has had great success the last two seasons.

bark

1,000+ Posts
png94 said:
what do we have coming back as far as DL? I know we have Rembert at ILB and i cannot remember the other young mans name, Broussard at OLB, not sure on the other side, and Walker, Bryan, Peveto, and ? in the secondary. I believe our front four are very important for success. That is a big reason Nederland has had great success the last two seasons.
????????????????????
supossed to be some kid from Groves that will be a 10th grader next year. They tell me he is a hoss, maybe plays nose tackle? I can't recall his name but he is a bench press wonder - like 300+lbs. I think he goes 220ish and is kinda short.

png94

100+ Posts
Tyler Moran ? Great kid! Strong as an ox and great determination. He had alot of pancakes this year also.

bark

1,000+ Posts
png94 said:
Tyler Moran ? Great kid! Strong as an ox and great determination. He had alot of pancakes this year also.
??????????????????????????
yea, I think that's it!

There are also some 8th graders - 9th graders to be - that are supposed to be the best group since Bergeron, '72 season. I talked to one of the Dad's and they are super athletic and great students of the game.

png94

100+ Posts
IMO, I don't see any Freshmen next year making Varsity. The 8th graders this year will be a very good group next year once they are merged together much like this years Freshmen were. I'm really excited about the next few years. It's all about execution and chemistry, and talent of course.

png94

100+ Posts
We had both tackles Ardoin and Wages on the Freshmen team working out with the varsity the last few weeks of the season, and I'm wondering if they might compete for a starting position and some of the linemen moving to the defensive side of the ball. One things for sure, Coach has options and thats always a good thing. I guess the one thing that stinks about not having Spring practice, is being able to see them workout in the spring, i guess it kinda spoils us, lol.

bark

1,000+ Posts
indianforever said:
not trying to start anything but i wonder if Faircloth is going to apply for the Permian job?
???????????????????????
As a professional, you would think most young and upcoming AD's look at what's out there, as do teachers, Principals, etc...

badndn

500+ Posts
indianforever said:
not trying to start anything but i wonder if Faircloth is going to apply for the Permian job?
While I hope he doesn't apply, I'd be shocked if he didn't. Head Football Coach at Odessa Permian is a premier position and with his ties he would have a great shot at getting the job. Permian folks were very upset when he left for PNG just before Allman left for Westlake.

bark

1,000+ Posts
badndn said:
indianforever said:
While I hope he doesn't apply, I'd be shocked if he didn't. Head Football Coach at Odessa Permian is a premier position and with his ties he would have a great shot at getting the job. Permian folks were very upset when he left for PNG just before Allman left for Westlake.
????????????????????????
just like last year I am sure he always has his feelers out.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
badndn said:
indianforever said:

I have to agree. Just my unsolicited opinion and a guess on my part...I'd be shocked if he did not apply for the HC position or put his feelers out for a return to MOJO. Permian has an indoor facility and a booster club that raises money like no other. With the oil and gas industry doing well in the Permian Basin, the Midland and Odessa areas are stable (for now) and enrollment numbers do not seem to be in decline. Fingers crossed that Cherokee sways him to stay and forget about MOJO.

Go Indians. Peace.

bark

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
badndn said:
indianforever said:

I have to agree. Just my unsolicited opinion and a guess on my part...I'd be shocked if he did not apply for the HC position or put his feelers out for a return to MOJO. Permian has an indoor facility and a booster club that raises money like no other. With the oil and gas industry doing well in the Permian Basin, the Midland and Odessa areas are stable (for now) and enrollment numbers do not seem to be in decline. Fingers crossed that Cherokee sways him to stay and forget about MOJO.

Go Indians. Peace.
go to the booster site and check out the trailers, etc... really highlights how far other programs have gone in terms of facilities, Booster Clubs

I still don't think they can match our LONGTERM fans, even though some may leave early

Hope he stays here

indianforever

100+ Posts
i wish they would go back to the all purple uniforms next year....the purple jerseys and the purple pants....i really liked them

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
indianforever said:
i wish they would go back to the all purple uniforms next year....the purple jerseys and the purple pants....i really liked them

Agreed...I always liked the all-purple home unis and the all-white road unis. But, kids today like to switch things up...as long as everything stays purple and white, I'm good. If asked in a poll question, I'd vote all-purple home unis and all-white road unis.

Go Indians. Peace.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I'd prob. lean towards the all purple/ all white unis. Never really cared for the mixed look.

png94

100+ Posts
I was told that they will have the new unis like West Virginia this coming year. I don't care what they wear as long as they get out there and play hard and get better each week. Going to be very young this coming year with a lot of excitement from alot of fans to see how good these next couple of years are going to be. Go Indians! :rocks:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores