#3 PN-G vs #1 Montgomery Lake Creek

pngbax20

100+ Posts
Good teams who tackle well and have confidence in the corners are going to continue to load the box and make PNG beat them with the pass. I would like to see us in a 4wide set or something that prevents the D from loading the box. It’s still working but the competition is getting better at the stopping the run. Hats off to the QB for LC for scrambling and keeping his eyes down field, extended a bunch of drives by throwing the ball downfield. Hard to keep tabs on all the receivers for that long.

bandkid

Staff member
We’re running into teams that are better at defending against our ground attack. We knew that would happen; you’ll find threads on this site where we all admitted to that eventuality earlier in the season. We knew back then we would need a strong passing attack to keep those defenses honest when we came across them. Our passing attack was strong in the first half. It suffered in the second half, but we survived. The key takeaway for me is, the Bailey-to-Shea connection was critically effective, and I don’t think anyone saw that coming. Very creative.

Clock control continues to be Joseph’s core philosophy, and it continues to pay off for us. Make no mistake, running on every first down is key to that. We shouldn’t sacrifice our killer clock management for riskier play calling. We don’t need to back ourselves into corners by taking chances we don’t need to. Nonetheless, there were way too many third-and-long situations tonight. Improved offensive line play and a stronger short/intermediate range passing game will help. (Personally, I’m a fan of inside slant routes.)

The fumbles and penalties are the thing that really frustrated me tonight. We were unusually mistake-prone. Perhaps it was caused by big game jitters, perhaps the Thanksgiving holiday was a factor, perhaps it was the excitement from the crowd, perhaps it was all of the above and then some. Whatever the case may be, that’s what we need to focus on most in the weeks ahead. At this stage of the playoffs, mental errors are deadly.

Let’s keep things in perspective. Take away a few boneheaded mistakes, and the score differential is much bigger. We were up 23-7 at halftime, we just had a really bad start to the second half. Clean up those mistakes and the Indians will continue their winning ways.

On a related note, I couldn’t be prouder of the crowd. The Indian Faithful showed SEC-level intensity tonight, and it was a factor in the game. I like seeing our Alabama-esque look on the field. I like our LSU-esque atmosphere just as much. :cool:

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Yes
We stayed with the plan
Even when mistakes gave us set backs
And yes
It could have ended not well

But it did.
And that plan is going to beat more people than not
Best opposition we’ve faced in a long time
(Better than SOC last year IMO) best QB I’ve seen in a while
Better than a lot of the Houston area QBs that are blue chippers
One of the best at extending the play
I was sure we had him several times including two near safeties

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores