5A DII State Championship Game

bandkid

Staff member
I think Adams became a favorite target for opposing defenses late in the season. Keeping him in the backfield lured defenses up to the line and opened up the deep ball for dedicated receivers like Guarnere and Prosperie.

Case in point: the opening touchdown drive of the championship game Friday. Guarnere was covered by a dude with way more height, but was able to put just enough separation between himself and the safety, who was distracted wondering whether Adams was about to come out of the backfield. The end result: “six more points on the board for the Indians.”

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Maybe the locals can elaborate...I hear PN-G has a FR QB that will turn heads and may keep Shea Adams as an all purpose player at QB, RB, and WR...and FS on defense. Not sure who the FR QB is or if he is a runner, thrower, or both. If PN-G can plug in some more talent on the OL and we can find another quick slot receiver like #10, the Indians may keep things rolling on offense. It will be very difficult to replace all the talent and experience on the OL. #72, #68, #64, #65, and I'm sure that I am missing some more key contributors. We will also miss #32 at the H-Back spot. Those were all great players. Also, we will miss several kids on defense. #44, #48, #3, #6, #16, #2, #4, and again I am probably missing more key contributors. Our DL and LBs played great football in the playoffs. #6 and #16 were tackling machines in the semi-finals and finals. Played strong and solid defense, and they had a helmet on the ball carrier. The entire group of 2022 PN-G Indians set a high standard. I hope the younger kids follow their great example and work hard to carry forward the standard of 2022. Great season by a bunch of great kids. Now, they have a lifetime of memories. Go Indians.

pngfan316

100+ Posts
Plugging in 2022 starters or players with significant playing time indicated with *
This does not account for top underclassmen such as QB Connor Bailey.

QB *Shea Adams
RB *Isaiah Nguyen/Isaac Sinette/Blair Chatagnier
HB
C
G
G *Mario Miguel
T Dillan Romero
T *Jackson Christian
TE
WR Noah Washington
WR *London Nunley

NG *Jonathan Hernandez
T *Jacob Cabrera
T Andres Fuentes
LB *Dylan Talbert
LB Mason Wuenschel
LB *Isaac Uriostegui
LB *Sean Gardiner
CB
CB *Reid Richard
S *Kameron Droddy
S
Was told Dillan Romero will be the Center.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Only one remedy for the affliction we are all suffering from at the present time: Next year. Can’t wait. Looking forward to doing it all over again with a different ending.
All the knuckleheads and experts around the area that have said PN-G “doesn’t have the talent “ to win can turn in their football credentials. :D We just needed more defense.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
So true IndianFan. Put this year’s defense with the offenses we had during the Roschon years and we may very well have added 2 or 3 more state championships to our resume. No matter how good your offense is, it’s hard to get to the later rounds of the playoffs without a really good defense. At some point you can no longer count on simply outscoring your opponents.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores