"A New Bold Prediction", I'M BACK!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
JB said:
What I saw last night was a great start to a state championship run. I wondered when Coach Faircloth was going to "Flip the Switch!" This might very well be the year!!!
Just for the record---I said the same things last season and I agree with you totally. It's coming.....

squaw

1,000+ Posts
When Coach was hired, I told him I only want two things; (1) for him to give us 10 years of his life before he moves on to bigger things and (2) one more state championship before I die. I admit I had some doubts after the last two years, but after joining the booster club and seeing and hearing what he is all about and what he wants for the team and the fans, I am now a true believer. In fact, I believe that in the immediate years to come we could attend more than one state game and will win one, maybe two. The team we have this year looks like our last championship team in that they "execute". The timing and blocking is a beautiful sight for me. They are playing together as a team and that makes all the difference.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
squaw said:
When Coach was hired, I told him I only want two things; (1) for him to give us 10 years of his life before he moves on to bigger things and (2) one more state championship before I die. I admit I had some doubts after the last two years, but after joining the booster club and seeing and hearing what he is all about and what he wants for the team and the fans, I am now a true believer. In fact, I believe that in the immediate years to come we could attend more than one state game and will win one, maybe two. The team we have this year looks like our last championship team in that they "execute". The timing and blocking is a beautiful sight for me. They are playing together as a team and that makes all the difference.
How could you have doubts after a undefeated regular season his first year and our first trip to the 3rd round of the playoffs since 1999? What took you so long to join? I know you were at the very first meeting that was open to everyone. I was impressed with him as a coach and a man that first meeting. I truly hope that we have some State championships in our future, but if that is the only measure of a coach, there are only a few that meet that standard. Talk to the kids that play for him and you will find out how much he really knows about football and how much he cares about them. At the booster club meetings you can tell how much he loves those kid when he talks about them going over the game film.

bark

1,000+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
squaw said:
How could you have doubts after a undefeated regular season his first year and our first trip to the 3rd round of the playoffs since 1999? What took you so long to join? I know you were at the very first meeting that was open to everyone. I was impressed with him as a coach and a man that first meeting. I truly hope that we have some State championships in our future, but if that is the only measure of a coach, there are only a few that meet that standard. Talk to the kids that play for him and you will find out how much he really knows about football and how much he cares about them. At the booster club meetings you can tell how much he loves those kid when he talks about them going over the game flm.
State titles are icing on the cake but there is a bigger picture. I am not a BC member but have talked to Coach via the phone (about the '75 state Champ. sign) and he is really 1st class. Willing to go the extra mile.

First class guy!! And a winner too. Rare combanation

squaw

1,000+ Posts
ndnsrock44--I didn't mean to imply that I had severe concerns, I just waited to give the man a chance until all of Burnett's players and plays were gone. What we see now is all Faircloth. I felt it would be unfair to make judgements about him until this year. I didn't get all upset about losses and rant and rave. We needed the change and I said that all along. I still love and respect Matt Burnett, but I also respect our new coach and support him 100%. As for the booster club, I waited to see if I wanted to be a part of it or if I'd even be welcomed, which I was. These are great guys and gals who support our athletes. Therefore, I'm behind them totally. More in the community need to come see what goes on every Monday. I love the way Faircloth's genius is interlaced with caring for the kids.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
squaw... am not a board member, but i can't imagine why anyone would want to exclude you or anyone else from helping our athletes. Anyway, I am glad you are on board. I think anyone who supports PNG athletics should at least be a member at the $25 level. Not everyone's work/home situations allow them to participate in fundraising, but most can pony up a least $25.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
One of the big things that really struck me about Coach Faircloth is I guarantee you he can remember the name of every player he has ever coached. I used to teach and there is no way I can remember every student I have had. Listen to Coach Faircloth during a booster meeting and you will see what I mean. These young men are far more to him than football players!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores