"A New Bold Prediction", I'M BACK!

JB

PNG
I"M BACK

“A NEW BOLD PREDICTION”

PNG has three state championships to its credit. (1953, 1955, and 1975) That number will be doubled in the next ten years! I believe that PNG will win at least three state championships in the next decade. Two of the state titles will come in back to back years.

Now, I know that my “New Bold Prediction” will outlast this thread, so you will just have to remember that at 11:00pm on November 14, 2009 JB believed it to be so. Get ready PNG we are about to take a wild ride.

NDN79

500+ Posts
It's great to hear from the wise Indian Shaman JB.I think I speak for all of Indian Nation when I say that we are READY FOR THAT WILD RIDE! See you in Dallas in December JB!!! :woohoo:

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
JB said:
I"M BACK

“A NEW BOLD PREDICTION”

PNG has three state championships to its credit. (1953, 1955, and 1975) That number will be doubled in the next ten years! I believe that PNG will win at least three state championships in the next decade. Two of the state titles will come in back to back years.

Now, I know that my “New Bold Prediction” will outlast this thread, so you will just have to remember that at 11:00pm on November 14, 2009 JB believed it to be so. Get ready PNG we are about to take a wild ride.
I sure hope that back to back thing starts this year. Wooooo Whooooo Bring It On !!!!

bark

1,000+ Posts
3 state championships in 10 years is bold JB!! Hope you are right, it takes tons of talent and breaks to win 1.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
bark said:
3 state championships in 10 years is bold JB!! Hope you are right, it takes tons of talent and breaks to win 1.

+ 1 ... it takes loads of D1 talent and some breaks to win it all. Look back at those teams from the 1970s, PN-G had D1 talent ... look at the LaMarque teams in the 1990s, the Stephenville teams of the 1990s, the SLC teams of the 2000s, the Katy teams of the 1990s and 2000s, and one will see that it takes loads of talent and some breaks to win it all. But, I love the gusto and bold optimisim of PN-G Indians' fans. I hope it all comes true.

Go Indians. Peace.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
JB said:
I"M BACK

“A NEW BOLD PREDICTION”

I agree! AMEN!

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

JB it would be nothing better to see the NDNs make your predicted run. I have two grandsons that will be going through during that period and I would love to see them experience what we have in our memory banks already, love the Karnacism.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
bark said:
+ 1 ... it takes loads of D1 talent and some breaks to win it all. Look back at those teams from the 1970s, PN-G had D1 talent ... look at the LaMarque teams in the 1990s, the Stephenville teams of the 1990s, the SLC teams of the 2000s, the Katy teams of the 1990s and 2000s, and one will see that it takes loads of talent and some breaks to win it all. But, I love the gusto and bold optimisim of PN-G Indians' fans. I hope it all comes true.
Go Indians. Peace.
In '75 we were little and picked to lose every playoff game, but we had a coach and the boys knew how to execute. That's what I predict Faircloth will do for us!

bark

1,000+ Posts
Squaw
In 74 we were not picked very favorably, however in 75 we were ranked highly, in fact 15 players receive post season honors 6 of which were All State - look at the playoff info under history on the thread. We ended up as #3 ranked team in a mythical post season pole. Coach Faircloth has and will do a great job but make no mistake to win the State Campionship takes lots of talent, lots of LUCK and having everyone on the team on the same page and totally focused.

Do I believe that Faircloth has this ability- darn right. I have never been in a 1/2 time or pregame speech of Faircloth but I was in the locker room during the playoffs games 1974, every game 1975 and every game of 1976 so I promise you I know, what set us apart in my opinion is Coach Ethridge was a AWESOME MOTIVATOR and I promise you every one of us would run through fire and hell for him and the asst. coaches. The seniors of the 76 football season lost as juniors to South Houston and did not lose again until our last game #14 of our senior season, 27 consecutive wins.

Go purple!! and good luck Indians!!!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
bark said:
what set us apart in my opinion is Coach Ethridge was a AWESOME MOTIVATOR and I promise you every one of us would run through fire and hell for him and the asst. coaches.

From everything I've seen and heard, you just described Faircloth and his coaching staff down to at least the JV level!

bark

1,000+ Posts
NDNFAN93 I sure hope my parents and wife's parents get to see 3 eras of State Champ runs. the 50,s 70's - well 99 too and now. I don't know Faircloth but Ken Watson does and tell me he is the whole package knowledgeable, personable and a good Human Being.

I have no one in the hunt but those that do I hope you can get the feeling too!

Go Indians!!!!

JB

PNG
OK... I can't take it anymore!

Offense? Defense? Win? Lose? Pass? Run? Kick? Tackle? Score? Fumble? Intercept? Touchdown? Field Goal?

!!!!!!!!!! HONOR - PRIDE - TRADITION !!!!!!!!!!

Port Neches Groves is still the top program in the state... we will make the playoffs!​

PNGfan

100+ Posts
Just hang in there because there is alot of talent coming through the PNG system right now. Fans will see it and the athletes that the lower grades have in youth football and middle school is going impress people in the future. Although the kids are young right now, and it;s different on Friday nights, these kids are beating teams across SETX right now. If they continue to excel and execute, fans are going to be in for a treat for many years to come.

JB

PNG
Thanks for a great season! ... And yes, I stand by my prediction. When the state titles start rolling in this time they are going to break like waves on a beach... one after another. This program is in it's infant stage; two seasons, and already two impressive playoff runs. Get ready PNG.

JB

PNG
What I saw last night was a great start to a state championship run. I wondered when Coach Faircloth was going to "Flip the Switch!" This might very well be the year!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores