Anybody Home???

akifan94

500+ Posts
png94 said:
Aki, Coach Faircloth told us he is all for open enrollment as long as there are strict rules for it, like keeping grades above a certain average, disciplinary record at the other school and in the community, etc... I also think it would be okay as long as there are strict guidelines and if there were we could charge per semester like a private school does.

I could understand why he would if it helped the athletic program but it still does not make it a good idea. I am pretty sure it has been stated before there would be no tuition charge if the plan passed back in 2011 when it was discussed. I could be totally uneducated on all the details of open enrollment but it seems adding additional students to what is already maxed out classrooms with no additional money coming for more teachers is a setup for failure when it comes to ensuring our kids get the best education possible. If parents want their kids at PN-G then they need to find a way to move into the district. There are plenty of homes for sale and places to rent.

bark

1,000+ Posts
akifan94 said:
png94 said:
Aki, Coach Faircloth told us he is all for open enrollment as long as there are strict rules for it, like keeping grades above a certain average, disciplinary record at the other school and in the community, etc... I also think it would be okay as long as there are strict guidelines and if there were we could charge per semester like a private school does.

I could understand why he would if it helped the athletic program but it still does not make it a good idea. I am pretty sure it has been stated before there would be no tuition charge if the plan passed back in 2011 when it was discussed. I could be totally uneducated on all the details of open enrollment but it seems adding additional students to what is already maxed out classrooms with no additional money coming for more teachers is a setup for failure when it comes to ensuring our kids get the best education possible. If parents want their kids at PN-G then they need to find a way to move into the district. There are plenty of homes for sale and places to rent.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????
yes the majority transfer because they can't get along with the district they are in.

As the citizens expressed WE DO NOT WANT OPEN ENROLLMENT

bandkid

Staff member
akifan94 said:
png94 said:

It has been stated that the district would not charge a tuition fee if an open enrollment policy is implemented. And in any case, this issue has already been decided.

If demographics really are the reason WO-S has maintained consistent success and a consistently high level of talent (which is debatable), open enrollment has little to nothing to do with it. One only needs to take a drive through the Cove or watch a Pop Warner team from West Orange play to realize that WO-S isn't getting its talent from outside of WO-CCISD.

Purple Dove

I live and pay PN-G School taxes for my children to attend, why would it be fair for outsiders to attend
PN-G schools and not pay taxes?

15PNG

500+ Posts
Purple Dove said:
:thud: Did ya'll have all those open enrollment trick or treaters, like I did last night? LOL :clap: :clap: :clap:

So if you guys get those teenagers and adults that show up to trick or treat, don't know about you, but it kinda ticks me off.........seriously??? You're too old. So.....here's what we started doing last year and my neighbors and I sit out front and do this:

When the kids come, you give them candy and send them on their way. We have another bucket that is reserved for the other folks. So when they show up, we give them mustard packets. Try it next year.

akifan94

500+ Posts
attakapandn said:
love it png15!! hahha was at a friend house last night and we est bout 1300 to 1400 trick or treaters!

We had a ton of people in my neighborhood also. I don't mind all the people coming through but the adults and teenagers walking around asking for candy aggravates me.

Purple Dove

\
You are so tricky 15PNG, I am afraid this is the way open enrollment would be. As I drive around our
campuses and see we have several portable buildings, so we are already over crowded.

bandkid

Staff member
Purple Dove said:
\
You are so tricky 15PNG, I am afraid this is the way open enrollment would be. As I drive around our
campuses and see we have several portable buildings, so we are already over crowded.

Supposedly, the high school and elementary schools were at capacity when OE was being discussed. They were only talking about taking kids at the middle school level.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
I was at the town hall meeting back then and DrCav did say that we could only ofer open enrollment at the middle schools because all the others were full

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores