• Austin LASA Raptors 2 - 5, 2 - 8
  • Austin Navarro Vikings 2 - 5, 2 - 8
  • Austin Travis Rebels 2 - 5, 4 - 6
  • Austin Eastside Panthers 0 - 7, 0 - 10

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

2022 Preview​

Coach: Jahmal Fenner Sr. Lettermen R/L: 21/20. Starters returning O/D: 5/4. 2021: 15-1 4A DI state finalist/5-0 district. Key losses: Kaleb Brown (UTSA), Oscar Gordon (Texas Southern), Trent Leary (Texas Southern).

Players to watch: RB Sedrick Alexander (5-9, 190, 4.5), WR/DB Noah Baker (6-2, 180, 4.5), LB Latreveon McCutchin (6-2, 205, 4.6). Top junior: WR/DB Fatu Mukuba (5-10, 170, 4.5).
Top sophomore: QB Ali Scott (5-10, 165, 4.5).
Other prospects: QB/DB Gharion Hawthorne, LB Therion Gary, LB Israel Castro, WR Jaquan McGee, OL/DL Moose Johnson, OL Thomas Contreras, OL/DL Quentyn Ervin, OL/DL Samuel Crittenden.

Notes: After two memorable seasons in 4A Division I, the talented Jaguars will look to duplicate that success in their return to 5A. The high-scoring offense will lean on big-play RB Alexander (2,204 yards, 30 TDs rushing) while QBs Scott and Hawthorne (513 yards, 10 TDs passing) battle it out for the starting role. WR/DBs Baker (5 TD catches; 56 tackles, 3 INTs) and Mukuba (358 yards, 4 TDs receiving) are speedy playmakers who’ll press opposing defenses. They’ll all benefit from playing behind one of the state’s largest lines. OLs Johnson, Contreras, Ervin and Crittenden all top 300 pounds and will see time on the defensive front, as well. LBs McCutchin (100 tackles, 4 sacks), Gary and Castro will work to stuff opposing running games.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Defense must play absolute disciplined football next week. Linebackers and the defense in general cannot vacate their position and assignment, overrun the play, miss tackles or not wrap up on tackles. If they do this running back will run for as many yards as he wants.

100+ Posts
Reportedly the 96-0 game was called after the first half. I'm still trying to do the math on that one. That's roughly 13.7 7-point TDs in 24 minutes, (96/7). So that's very roughly a TD every two minutes, for 24 minutes. WTH! (Feel free to check my math.)

They should never get the opportunity to score like that against PNG. We pretty much use up the entire play clock almost every play, except when it's 3rd and short, or 1st and goal, when we hurry up and run the special linemen and bigger RBs into the game, and #19 takes over QB. Even when we go 3 and out we'll use up clock, even with pass plays. This may be a good thing against LBJ; slow the game down.

Last edited:

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Do we have any healthy RBs? Who were the RBs on JV, Soph, and FR teams? Next man up?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Reportedly the 96-0 game was called after the first half. I'm still trying to do the math on that one. That's roughly 13.7 7-point TDs in 24 minutes, (96/7). So that's very roughly a TD every two minutes, for 24 minutes. WTH! (Feel free to check my math.)

They should never get the opportunity to score like that against PNG. We pretty much use up the entire play clock almost every play, except when it's 3rd and short, or 1st and goal, when we hurry up and run the special linemen and bigger RBs into the game, and #19 takes over QB. Even when we go 3 and out we'll use up clock, even with pass plays. This may be a good thing against LBJ; slow the game down.
In that 96-0 game Eastside was just a horrible team. LBJ scored at least 2 defensive TDs, and was so dominant on defense, or Eastside was so terrible on offense that they gave up the ball in their end of the field all night. LBJ was able to score on 1 or 2 plays on several drives. Eastside had -8 total yards in that game. LBJ totaled 402. The 96 points is misleading to some extent.

PN-G would probably beat the brakes and wheels off that team too.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
It’s not that we don’t have good RBs we just don’t run ENOUGH IMO
they RARELY stopped our running plays
We got ourselves in trouble with overthrown passes (or wind affected passes)
I bet we averaged over 6-7 yards per running play. And they absolutely couldn’t stop Adams (they didn’t stop any of our RBs

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Do we have any healthy RBs? Who were the RBs on JV, Soph, and FR teams? Next man up?
Early Season Varsity Depth Chart
Running Backs

RB
Thomas Reed - Sr. - INJURED
Isaiah Nguyen - Jr.
Chatagnier - Soph. - INJURED
Mason Droddy - Sr. (starting LB)
Isaac Sinette

FB
Brock Hebert - FB - Sr.,
Dustyn Thomas,Jr - Sr
Nick Walter - Sr

ATHLETE/QB/WR/RB
Shea Adams

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It’s not that we don’t have good RBs we just don’t run ENOUGH IMO
they RARELY stopped our running plays
We got ourselves in trouble with overthrown passes (or wind affected passes)
I bet we averaged over 6-7 yards per running play. And they absolutely couldn’t stop Adams (they didn’t stop any of our RBs
35 -175 5 ypc rushing
8 of 22 for 150 yards passing.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores