Area Playoffs: PN-G vs Austin LBJ

100+ Posts
Several people have been telling me to expect bad weather Friday night. But so far the various weather sites I'm looking at show partly cloudy, 53 deg at game time, NE wind at ~10, 20-25% chance of rain, with increasing chances later that night.
I've also heard that there will be another game at the same time at the adjoining stadium, which I presume shares parking lots.
I haven't decided yet if I'm going, or stay home and watch TL.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Adams is the first 6-5” athlete that I’ve seen lining up at running back.
Eric Dickerson at 6’3 was a GIANT
Tallest one I ever saw
Carthage had a very tall RB a few years ago - Hunter something never even played college football which is a head scratcher he was great
But I don’t think he was 6’5 (seemed close)
Apparently Brandon Jacobs with the Giants (#27) is the tallest RB in NFL history
Which he didn’t look that tall like Dickerson did because he ran so upright

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Truth is that PN-G has the players to win this upcoming game. Loftin and Prosperie both received all-state recognition last season, Ware should have received all-state offensive lineman honors and Crippen had the stats (3000+ yards passing) for at least honorable mention. This Indian team has size, experience , enough speed and a defense that can finally keep the team in the game. As coaches like to say, it will take the team being the best version of themselves to win more playoff games. A fumbling, intercepted, penalized, block missing, tackle missing, blown coverage team will not win. But if these guys play their best they can beat this team and more.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Eric Dickerson at 6’3 was a GIANT
Tallest one I ever saw
Carthage had a very tall RB a few years ago - Hunter something never even played college football which is a head scratcher he was great
But I don’t think he was 6’5 (seemed close)
Apparently Brandon Jacobs with the Giants (#27) is the tallest RB in NFL history
Which he didn’t look that tall like Dickerson did because he ran so upright
I like Adams running the ball. He’s never really been a WR and he’s fundamental WR skills are lacking.

1990NDN

Hearing some interesting things coming out of practices this week. Should be a exciting game. Going to seem aggressive. Boys believe they can win. Get your popcorn ready.

1990NDN

Copied from somewhere else but thought it was very good information....

"So in 5a D2 there are 118 teams. Dave Campbell has computer rankings for them all. Austin LBJ's Opponents have the following ranks-see below.

Lowly Nederland "47th ranked" would have won 7 out of 8 of these district games. These teams are among the worst in 5a D2. I'm not impressed with LBJ at all. Not saying they aren't good but this is why they aren't ranked higher.

Weiss-46th in 6a

Manor 81st in 6a

Navarro 112

Travis 114

LASA 117

Eastside 118

Northeast 98

Mcallum 64

Crockett 61

Playoff game Elgin 68"

100+ Posts
Hearing some interesting things coming out of practices this week. Should be a exciting game. Going to seem aggressive. Boys believe they can win. Get your popcorn ready.
Yes, the boy I spoke with yesterday is very confident, and said "we're ready".

Indian99

500+ Posts
These boys can pull it off and much more. Playoff football is a different animal, past games don’t much matter up to this point. If they can kick it into high gear and play at their potential, we could be looking at a special playoff run.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Looks like Houston Lamar is playing FB Ridge Point at Katy Legacy field
RP might bring 200 Lamar MAY have some parents
The times I’ve seen both come to same distance Clear Creek neither one brought the band

90NDN

500+ Posts
It's Game Day! I hope the rain stays away lol ...we did not perform well with a wet turf last time.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores