Bad Sportsmanship

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Tihere are two letters to the editor published in the Bmt Enterprise this morning talking about the "worst case of poor sportsmanship ever seen" by Lumberton fans when they played Nederland. Evidently, the Nederland band was performing at halftime and Lumberton players began running sprints on the field. They got booed, left the field and then returned minutes later. I don't know if they were meaning to be disrespectful or just don't know proper etiquette on the field. ;D

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
It was Lumberton if I remember correctly from the other site. From what was said they didn't have enough room behind the end zone so they had to use some of the field. I don't think it was that big of a deal. It wasn't like they were in the bands way.

Their players also ran on the field during the tributute to Tip Durham last week at our stadium. Perhaps they didn't realize what was happening, I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but looks like their coach would have a little chat with them if that kind of behavior has become a habit.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
and of course at the end someone had to leave a comment about us:

"tuffenuff wrote:
It is a football game.....I remeber a time long ago when Stark High School played PN-G at the reservation for the district championship, the PN-G band had our entrance to the field 'blocked' after halftime....after much pleading to the band and the statement that is 'we were there for a football game...' Our nose tackle, Andrew Martin (now a minister) took us to the field...pom-pom and tubas wen't flying. Needless to say, the coach (Jeep Colburn)was called onto the carpet the next week and had to 'apologize'. PN-G won 35-13. Point is, this kind of thing has been going on a long time and makes for some good memories.....
10/28/2010 08:59 AM CDT"

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
squaw said:
Tihere are two letters to the editor published in the Bmt Enterprise this morning talking about the "worst case of poor sportsmanship ever seen" by LCM fans when they played Nederland. Evidently, the Nederland band was performing at halftime and LCM players began running sprints on the field. They got booed, left the field and then returned minutes later. I don't know if they were meaning to be disrespectful or just don't know proper etiquette on the field. ;D

That was Lumberton. Hopefully, LCM will show a bit more class.
But I'm thinking that maybe Lumberton knew they couldn't beat our football team,
so they tried picking on the band instead??? Just a thought....or maybe their football team didn't see 175 or so kids in uniforms with instruments?? Who knows?? The bottom line is they lost 30-17...sooooooo........

And Squaw, if it happened to PNG you wouldn't be smiling, in fact, I'd bet that you'd be on here writing a two page post about how disrespectul, rude, mean, uncaring etc. etc Lumberton is.. I, for one, think it's pretty sad.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
Wonder what would have happened if, say, during the middle of the third quarter with the clock going and Lumberton with the ball, the NHS band would have started marching onto the field??

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

I think the most recent and certainly the most high profiled case of poor sportsmanship was the LCM Bear attacking our Indian Spirit. But, when you have two sad programs like LCM and Lumberton, you are going to have poor sportsmanship.

NDN79

500+ Posts
YankeeDawg you are right--definitely poor sportsmanship. I would pay good money to see the band come on the field while Thea game was being played.. That would be funny!! ;D

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
1IDPURPLEMONSTER said:
I think the most recent and certainly the most high profiled case of poor sportsmanship was the LCM Bear attacking our Indian Spirit. But, when you have two sad programs like LCM and Lumberton, you are going to have poor sportsmanship.

There was no excuse for that....blantant disrespect for another team, be it their mascot, band, fans, drill team or wahtever just doesn't sit well with most of us.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
NDN79 said:
YankeeDawg you are right--definitely poor sportsmanship. I would pay good money to see the band come on the field while Thea game was being played.. That would be funny!! ;D

LOL...come to think of it 79....that would be kinda funny...

17.gif
17.gif

9.gif
17.gif
17.gif

squaw

1,000+ Posts
squaw said:
Tihere are two letters to the editor published in the Bmt Enterprise this morning talking about the "worst case of poor sportsmanship ever seen" by Lumberton fans when they played Nederland. Evidently, the Nederland band was performing at halftime and Lumberton players began running sprints on the field. They got booed, left the field and then returned minutes later. I don't know if they were meaning to be disrespectful or just don't know proper etiquette on the field. ;D
Senior moment--sorry everyone! lol

gpwildcat

squaw said:

Sounds like the line to a song....the players tried to take the field, but the marching band refused to yeild....

NDN79

500+ Posts
YD I don't know how long it took you to put that together -- but it's priceless! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That's a standing ovation for your band! :woohoo:

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
gpwildcat said:
squaw said:

Sounds like the line to a song....the players tried to take the field, but the marching band refused to yeild....

American Pie by Don McLean 1970 something or other...great tune!!!

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
NDN79 said:
YD I don't know how long it took you to put that together -- but it's priceless! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That's a standing ovation for your band! :woohoo:

LOL Thanks 79 it took about 30 seconds ....LOL.

Check your PM's. ;)

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
61ndn said:
Their players also ran on the field during the tribute to Tip Durham last week at our stadium. Perhaps they didn't realize what was happening, I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but looks like their coach would have a little chat with them if that kind of behavior has become a habit.

Actually the LCM team ran on the field during the Indian highlight video set to the that new rock tune (after the Tip Durham video). Frankly, if I were coach of an opposing team I would not hold my team back while a highlight video of the home team is being played.

PNG NDN Fan said:
61ndn said:
Their players also ran on the field during the tribute to Tip Durham last week at our stadium. Perhaps they didn't realize what was happening, I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but looks like their coach would have a little chat with them if that kind of behavior has become a habit.

Actually the LCM team ran on the field during the Indian highlight video set to the that new rock tune (after the Tip Durham video). Frankly, if I were coach of an opposing team I would not hold my team back while a highlight video of the home team is being played.
You are right, it was LCM. When I posted I thought they had been posting about LCM...my error. I would not hold my team back for a video of the home team was being played either, however, I believe I would when it was a tribute to someone who had just passed away. Again, I will give them the benefit of the doubt, it is very possible they didn't know what was going on. I didn't feel badly at all that they brought all that "train horn" power but seldom got to use it. Now let's spoil the Pirate's homecoming by lighting up the scoreboard ourselves.

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
yankeedawg said:
NDN79 said:

LOL...come to think of it 79....that would be kinda funny...

17.gif
17.gif

9.gif
17.gif
17.gif
I don't care who you are. Now that's pretty funny right there. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made my day. Tomorrow's laugh for the day will be when we stomp the stuffing out of that dang ole Pirate ! GO INDIANS !! WOOOO WHOOOO !!

badndn

500+ Posts
61ndn said:
PNG NDN Fan said:
61ndn said:

You are right, it was LCM. When I posted I thought they had been posting about LCM...my error. I would not hold my team back for a video of the home team was being played either, however, I believe I would when it was a tribute to someone who had just passed away. Again, I will give them the benefit of the doubt, it is very possible they didn't know what was going on. I didn't feel badly at all that they brought all that "train horn" power but seldom got to use it. Now let's spoil the Pirate's homecoming by lighting up the scoreboard ourselves.

LCM did not run on the field during the tribute to Mr. Durham. Coach Crouch would never allow that to happen! We were just coming into the stadium during the tribute to Tip and watched it from the bottom of the stands. It was much later that LCM ran onto the field during the highlight video of the football team as we were already in our seats. I ain't got no problem with that. I wouldn't ask my team to sit around and watch the other teams highlight reel!

The only issue I have with what Lumberton did was the excuse. That's BS. There is plenty of room for warmups after halftime between the endzone and the track at NHS. We don't seem to have a problem when we play there.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores