Band History Thread

Red Raider Mom

I remember both the Star Trek and the umbrellas. Two of my favorites but I couldn't get any closer to the year than the last poster. She is right about either late 70's or early 80's.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Indian Band Alumni and Friends,

It has been awhile since this band history thread has been updated. If there is anyone that has the details on the contest shows from 2004 to present, please post the details as a reply to this thread and it will be added to the first post.

Also, please share and links to online videos of contest performances as well.

Thanks!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
With so many band students, supportive parents and a band booster club, there has to be someone that can help document more of the Purple Pride history. Let’s record all the details we can for students and alumni to remember the great history of PNG band excellence.

bandkid

Staff member
Like the historical intro video for football games, this is one of those things I think would make a great summer project for some section leaders in the band.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
When I was a kid in the 1970s and early 1980s, I can remember the Marching I being outlined by the Indianettes with spinning purple and white umbrellas. Back then, they had a huge number of Indianettes. I think they also did a Marching I outlined with the spinning circle glow sticks. They turned down the lights, formed the Marching I, and the spinning glow sticks made the crowd go wild. I'm guessing they had 100+ Indianettes to do that.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I can also remember how loud the band played the Space Odyssey song. They had a large drum that they wheeled out and when they hit that drum it had a deep bass sound. They played that entire song LOUD. Amazing what you remember. 40-50 years later. Remember the PN-G letters across the tubas?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. That’s still my favorite PNG logo of all time.

I forgot how awesome the marching was and how loud the bands played back then.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (6-0)
vs.
West Fork Gators (2-4)

Friday, Oct. 18, 7:00PM

Randall Reed Stadium, New Caney, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores