BC Meeting?

Indian03

100+ Posts
Just heard from Coach Faircloth that there IS A BOOSTER CLUB MEETING TOMORROW. The meeting is at 6:30 in the field house. Spread the word.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
We got to see all the highlights including the longest kickoff return in PN-G history....101 yards! Great blocking guys!!! Also the blocking on Chase's long cut back run for a T.D. ...awesome!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Coach said there will not be a Monday night Booster Club meeting next week. Will pick it up the following week.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
This is part of what us Booster Club members learned at the meetings. Faircloth wanted to honor the PN-G teams that made it to the State Championship game. While at the PN-G vs Texas City Freshman game we see part of what Faircloth has been working on.

photo.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap:
He is working on more.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Finally someone is doing these types of things. :thumbsup: I never understood why the previous athletic/school administration wasn't recognizing and presenting the rich history of Indian football. That's makes the experience of visiting Indian Stadium even more exciting and also reminds and helps motivate future players to strive for the same excellence. Kudos to Coach Faircloth.

bark

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Finally someone is doing these types of things. :thumbsup: I never understood why the previous athletic/school administration wasn't recognizing and presenting the rich history of Indian football. That's makes the experience of visiting Indian Stadium even more exciting and also reminds and helps motivate future players to strive for the same excellence. Kudos to Coach Faircloth.
I totally agree with you. Looks 1st class!

Trying to raise $5,000 for the '75 state title sign with all the team members name on it. I was told by 1 team member that 3 of them were going to make up any shortfall at their class reunion, I think 10/18. I was told '53 & '55 were pretty much underwritten by one man.

I was told by the AD Office to send mine to the HS address on Merriman attn:AD and make the check out to PNGISD.

We were thinking $150-200 each would get us close because some, Terry Guilbeaux for instance, have passed on and some can't be found..

Bottom Line - Faircloth is bringing us to the next level of facilities, Stadium was already in place but these type of displays of traditions has to pump the kiddo's UP!

Another GREAT job Coach Faircloth!!!!!!!

bandkid

Staff member
I really wish they would start applying these concepts to other activities in the school. There's plenty of room in the new hallways for some trophy cabinets and a lot of these kids come in having no idea what of the expectations are or what the school has done in the past. Not to mention that putting the awards on display would undoubtedly boost pride and morale.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Thanks for the details. My check will be on the way soon.

ditto

I also hope that eventually, we will have the purple and white PN-G flags that fly from the top all the way across the home stands during home games. I think that would add to the ambiance and be daunting for visiting teams to see across the packed home stands!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. Recognize and celebrate past and present accomplishments. And build on that for future accomplishments. Remind everyone of the many positives of PNG. Otherwise it can be lost and forgotten by new generations.

bandkid

Staff member
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
IndianFan said:

ditto

I also hope that eventually, we will have the purple and white PN-G flags that fly from the top of the home stands during home games. I think that would add to the ambiance and and be daunting for visiting teams to see across the packed home stands!!

The band still has the flags that were flown above the band section in the old stadium. They're still used in parades and they're stored in the Loading Crew room. One of my jobs as a freshman was to put those flags out. It would be pretty cool if they were brought back.

HighChief2008

bamakid said:
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
IndianFan said:

ditto

I also hope that eventually, we will have the purple and white PN-G flags that fly from the top of the home stands during home games. I think that would add to the ambiance and and be daunting for visiting teams to see across the packed home stands!!

The band still has the flags that were flown above the band section in the old stadium. They're still used in parades and they're stored in the Loading Crew room. One of my jobs as a freshman was to put those flags out. It would be pretty cool if they were brought back.

It's been a long time but didn't we have sime pipes or something on the back fence behind the band to hold those flags in? I think it would be awesome to get the flags back up. That is all. :guns:

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I still wish they would put purple and white flags down Merriman leading up to the high school! I mean, the holders are already there for the checkered flags they use during Riverfest!

bandkid

Staff member
HighChief2008 said:
bamakid said:
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
IndianFan said:

ditto

It's been a long time but didn't we have sime pipes or something on the back fence behind the band to hold those flags in? I think it would be awesome to get the flags back up. That is all. :guns:

There were three metal pipes probably a foot long strapped to the fence posts along the back of the band section that held the flags in the place.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores