Bi-District Playoff: PN-G 42, Dayton 41

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
Re: Port Neches-Groves vs Dayton Friday Nov 13th Stallworth Stadium 7:00 Pm

No getting around it, Dayton is better than any team we have played so far, with maybe the exception of WOS. You see what they did to Nederland preseason. But they do give up points and I believe our D can hold them enough for us to put up some points and win.

Torino

500+ Posts

In order to win PN-G has to do better in keeping the turnover battle even than it has in its past 4 playoff games (all losses).
2014: PN-G, 1 interception and 2 fumbles lost Dayton, No turnovers
2013: PN-G, 3 interceptions and 0 fumbles lost Crosby, 1 fumble lost
2011: PN-G, 2 interceptions and 1 fumble lost Dayton, No turnovers
2010: PN-G, 3 interceptions and 1 fumble lost Manvel, 1 interception & no fumbles lost
That's 10 interceptions and 4 fumbles lost to 1 fumble and 1 interception (source: Houston Chronicle)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

No doubt PN-G football teams have not been kind to themselves over the last few years.

Cut out the mistakes and neither WO-S or Nederland leave Port Neches with a win this season.

Torino

500+ Posts

IndianFan said:
No doubt PN-G football teams have not been kind to themselves over the last few years.

Cut out the mistakes and neither WO-S or Nederland leave Port Neches with a win this season.
Agreed. No turnovers and we'll win. 3 or more turnover will make for a tough evening.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

Season Averages Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Final
Dayton 9.8 9.0 9.6 6.0 37.8
Port Neches-Groves 10.5 15.8 10.8 9.3 37.0

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

Only two of Dayton's wins this season were against teams with a winning record, Nederland (7-3) and New Caney (7-3).

The other teams they defeated were Barbers Hill (4-6), Humble (4-6), Galena Park (1-8), Kingwood Park (3-7), and Porter (1-9).

They lost to Channelview (7-3), Crosby (10-0) and CE King (8-2).

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts

IndianFan said:
Only two of Dayton's wins this season were against teams with a winning record, Nederland (7-3) and New Caney (7-3).

The other teams they defeated were Barbers Hill (4-6), Humble (4-6), Galena Park (1-8), Kingwood Park (3-7), and Porter (1-9).

They lost to Channelview (7-3), Crosby (10-0) and CE King (8-2).

When you look at it like that, they should be scared of US..lol

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member

I'm feeling really good about the game. Extremely proud of the defense this year. Just gotta control that ball!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

Ditto. And from an alumnus perspective, I am proud of the school and community from the top down. It's time to pull together, support the team, band, and all groups, and support one another. These are times to relish and once again show that once legendary PNG fan support. :thumbsup:

NDN06

100+ Posts

Taking a hiatus from our hunting trip, got our purple on, and headed back east to watch this awesome group of Indians and that Purple Pride Band! I can't wait to hear Cherokee and watch this group do what they do best... WIN!! Come on 7 o'clock!

Torino

500+ Posts

14-13
2nd quarter
PNG intercepts a pass on its 4 yard line

Torino

500+ Posts

14-20 with 4:13 remaining in half

Torino

500+ Posts

21-20 with 20 seconds remaining in half

Torino

500+ Posts

Lots of penalties on PN-G on both sides of the ball.

PNGIndian75

100+ Posts

PN-G wins 42 - 41 over Dayton - FINAL. Great Job Indians. We move on to the Area Round. Good luck next week. Great game. :clap: :clap: :clap:

NDN06

100+ Posts

I could not be more proud of the HEART these Indians played with tonight!!! Way to go!!

Torino

500+ Posts

We play Angleton next week. Angleton defeated Texas City 21-14.
Angleton gets 2/3 of its yardage on the ground.
Which is good, since Dayton only averaged 8 yards (14/113 yards) per carry as opposed to 14 yards per pass attempt (16 of 26 for 367 yards).

bandkid

Staff member

PN-G's last win over Dayton was in 1946. After five meetings since 1998, PN-G has always walked away on the wrong side of the win-loss column against a dynasty in Texas high school football. Tonight, that curse was broken. This is what it looks like when a football team refuses to give up.

Congratulations, Indians. You've done your entire community proud. Now keep the streak alive.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores