There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Re: Port Neches-Groves vs Dayton Friday Nov 13th Stallworth Stadium 7:00 Pm

Congrats hate to be at work tonight!!!!

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts

CONGRATULATIONS INDIANS!

You made me bite off every one of my fingernails - but I still love you guys!!!! WAY TO GO!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SethNDN

:texasflag:We got the win finally!!! Broke down the mental barrier.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts

Torino said:
We play Angleton next week. Angleton defeated Texas City 21-14.
Angleton gets 2/3 of its yardage on the ground.
Which is good, since Dayton only averaged 8 yards (14/113 yards) per carry as opposed to 14 yards per pass attempt (16 of 26 for 367 yards).

Good and bad!! We are a very POOR tackling team!!!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member

indianforever said:
Where is the band???

They couldn't leave until all of the buses returned from their school rounds. I say give them charter buses like the football players! They work hard too!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member

justafan said:
Torino said:
Which is good, since Dayton only averaged 8 yards (14/113 yards) per carry as opposed to 14 yards per pass attempt (16 of 26 for 367 yards).

Actually, we are not. This year the tackling has been the best I've seen in years! But Dayton DID expose some weaknesses. But Dayton's running backs are some of the shiftiest and hard running players I've seen in a while. PNG will be better because of tonight's game.

Congrats Indians! Way to play hard till the last whistle... and you even beat the refs too! ;)

SethNDN

IBLEEDPURPLE said:
CONGRATULATIONS INDIANS!

You made me bite off every one of my fingernails - but I still love you guys!!!! WAY TO GO!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
That landshark defense 41 points allowed... Go NDNs

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member

justafan said:
Torino said:

In the past, I would have agreed with you. This season, I'll have to respectfully disagree. I've seen the Indians play several times this season: Clear Lake, WO-S, Chapel Hill, Baytown Lee, Nederland and Dayton. The game vs. WO-S, the Indians did not tackle well in open space so I'd agree with you on that one. The game vs. Nederland was a poor 1st half including tackling. But, in the second half, the defense tackled well and it came down to a FG. Tonight, Dayton's little #9 was the best athlete on the field. Give him credit for making great plays. The screen and run after catch were great plays by him. He is hard to corral and tackle. Against good running teams, the Indians have tackled well, e.g., Ozen, Central and Vidor. Against Central, Whaley had 20+ carries to get his 100 yards, but the Indians hit him and never let him break loose or get into a rhythm. I have not seen Angleton play, but I would find it hard to believe they have RBs better than Ozen, Central or Vidor's slot-t run game. If PN-G can keep things in front of them, go gangbusters to the football, and hit them over and over again, the Indians can make some stops.

Anyone else find it odd that PN-G had three holding penalties in the 4Q on plays they ran all night long. The TD called back after the Indians were grabbing control of the game was ridiculous. The RB was well past the line of scrimmage and about to cross the goal line when the ref threw the flag for holding. If you are going to nit-pick the Indians, then why not flag Dayton for linemen down field on the screen to #9. The Broncos had linemen further down field than their WRs. Not sure I would have gambled and gone for 2-points if I was the Dayton coach. He did, it's over and the Indians made a stop. If Dayton converts that 2-point play, their coach is great and he has big balls made of steel. The Broncos don't convert and I would imagine the Dayton fans may second guess him. All is well that ends well for PN-G. Happy to see PN-G get a playoff W.

Post next week's game info whenever it is available. I'd love for PN-G to keep playing at Stallworth or over here in Houston. Nothing wrong with those short drives home.

Go Indians. Peace.

NDN06

100+ Posts

1989NDN said:
justafan said:
Torino said:

In the past, I would have agreed with you. This season, I'll have to respectfully disagree. I've seen the Indians play several times this season: Clear Lake, WO-S, Chapel Hill, Baytown Lee, Nederland and Dayton. The game vs. WO-S, the Indians did not tackle well in open space so I'd agree with you on that one. The game vs. Nederland was a poor 1st half including tackling. But, in the second half, the defense tackled well and it came down to a FG. Tonight, Dayton's little #9 was the best athlete on the field. Give him credit for making great plays. The screen and run after catch were great plays by him. He is hard to corral and tackle. Against good running teams, the Indians have tackled well, e.g., Ozen, Central and Vidor. Against Central, Whaley had 20+ carries to get his 100 yards, but the Indians hit him and never let him break loose or get into a rhythm. I have not seen Angleton play, but I would find it hard to believe they have RBs better than Ozen, Central or Vidor's slot-t run game. If PN-G can keep things in front of them, go gangbusters to the football, and hit them over and over again, the Indians can make some stops.

Anyone else find it odd that PN-G had three holding penalties in the 4Q on plays they ran all night long. The TD called back after the Indians were grabbing control of the game was ridiculous. The RB was well past the line of scrimmage and about to cross the goal line when the ref threw the flag for holding. If you are going to nit-pick the Indians, then why not flag Dayton for linemen down field on the screen to #9. The Broncos had linemen further down field than their WRs. Not sure I would have gambled and gone for 2-points if I was the Dayton coach. He did, it's over and the Indians made a stop. If Dayton converts that 2-point play, their coach is great and he has big balls made of steel. The Broncos don't convert and I would imagine the Dayton fans may second guess him. All is well that ends well for PN-G. Happy to see PN-G get a playoff W.

Post next week's game info whenever it is available. I'd love for PN-G to keep playing at Stallworth or over here in Houston. Nothing wrong with those short drives home.

Go Indians. Peace.

We play Angleton at Eagle Stadium in Mont Belvieu on Friday at 7:30

Louisiana Indian

Congratulations PN-G Indians! When will they announce the date and location of the next playoff game.

Always be faithful to Purple and White!

prepballfan

Staff member

Next friday at Barbers Hill 730

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

Congrats to the team and coaching staff on a hard fought win. It sounded like it was PN-G vs Dayton + officiating crew in the second half with multiple questionable calls. But the Indians fought back every time with the heart of a champion and prevailed.

Now back to the drawing board, one down several more to go! :thumbsup:

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member

IndianFan, it was a great HS football game. Not good for the crowd trying to control blood pressure, but it was two evenly matched teams. As for the officiating crew, I have no problem with the overall crew for 48 minutes. But, in the 4Q, PN-G was taking control of the game marching downfield, moving the ball at will, and then BANG...3 straight penalties, two of which were holding (the other one may have been movement) and the Indians are 1st and 30. It was a momentum killer. And, the holding call where the RB scored and it was called back, I never saw the flag until the RB was crossing the goal line. I did not see a hold at the point of attack...where was it? You could see the PN-G coaching staff's body language as if to say, "Really, we run that play all night long with no problems and when we are taking control of the game on a big drive in the mid-4Q you want to call that mess as we score?" But, give credit to the Indians. They found a way to win. #2 for PN-G played his best game as an Indian ever. He was sideline to sideline. He put pressure on the QB, he stuffed Dayton's run game at the goal line, and he never quit going after the ball. On the PN-G OL (which I like to watch), #58 and #71 played as strong as I have seen them. On the read option where the RB comes across Morse and takes the ball looking for the first hole, #58 was blowing up his man and creating running lanes. Can't say enough about Morse. He put the ball on the money last night. #8 and #13 made plays catching the ball. Dayton rushed three and dropped 8 into coverage...and they rolled a safety toward #13 having two defenders around him. He still got open. #8 made a great catch and coming back over and around the DB. I guess you can tell from my rambling posts, the PN-G Indians COMPETED and never quit. They just kept coming. But, I won't lie, I was worried about the 2-point conversion. I expected Dayton to run the ball and was hoping #2, #7, #42, #47, #22 would make the stop. When Dayton threw it, #26 was there and in position to make the play and he did! Love the enthusiasm and passion shown by coaches and kids. They were under pressure and performed...loved seeing their excitement and celebrating...survive and advance. Great HS football game. Can't wait for next week.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

And kudos to Kody Cropper and that offensive line. The Indian ground game has some bite to it lately. Teams must respect Cropper's ability because if he gets into that second level, he's going to the House of Six Points!

prepballfan

Staff member

I am telling you the difference in the offense since Nederland is Morse running the football on the option. It is making defenses honor it and he is making all the right decisions. smart kid. Good football mind

SethNDN

Question. What is the technical name for PNGs offensive formation?

prepballfan

Staff member

Its a spread not sure after that I know its multiformation

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores