Bi-District Round, PN-G 37, Brenham 7

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone else remember the excitement of opening up the Saturday morning paper and seeing those Friday night scores across the top of the front page? Or the detailed stories and stats that were present for every game. And later in the week the season statistics listed for each team?

The golden age of local sports coverage might be over. The dual edged benefits and curse of social media has altered some things in negative ways. But maybe there is hope that some future sports journalists can revive it.

It’s ironic that some of us used to complain about the likes of West, Halliburton and others as they seemed overly biased. But at least we had multiple stories per week to read including great game coverage.

HJJ97NDN

100+ Posts
Anyone else remember the excitement of opening up the Saturday morning paper and seeing those Friday night scores across the top of the front page? Or the detailed stories and stats that were present for every game. And later in the week the season statistics listed for each team?

The golden age of local sports coverage might be over. The dual edged benefits and curse of social media has altered some things in negative ways. But maybe there is hope that some future sports journalists can revive it.

It’s ironic that some of us used to complain about the likes of West, Halliburton and others as they seemed overly biased. But at least we had multiple stories per week to read including great game coverage.
Me and my dad use to play “beat Bob West”. I use to help him pick scores.

bandkid

Staff member

Rachel Walker has done a good job of keeping PN-G stats in years passed. Maybe the next step for the NDN Press kids is putting the Pow Wow online and publishing those stats.

By the way, the NDN Press YouTube broadcast has really blossomed into something. It’s like listening to teenage Kirk Herbstreit and Chris Fowler.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Rachel Walker has done a good job of keeping PN-G stats in years passed. Maybe the next step for the NDN Press kids is putting the Pow Wow online and publishing those stats.

By the way, the NDN Press YouTube broadcast has really blossomed into something. It’s like listening to teenage Kirk Herbstreit and Chris Fowler.
Yes they’re getting in the groove

It’s a lot harder than it looks

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores