Booster Club Board Members

N

NDNPARENT

the problem i have is that the t shirt that the booters club are selling is cutting into the PTSA project grad. tshirt sells! The booster club should not sell anything that the PTA are selling. each PTA for each school has an agreement not to cut each other throat by seeling the same thing.

ndn4ever

The Booster Club will not do anything that the superintendent and AD have not agreed to that's for sure. The Club is just trying to improve athletics for all our athletes, not step on toes.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I would think that anyone who wants to sell a shirt should be able to sell one. Let the public decide which shirts they want and which organization(s) they want to support. Why should the district dictate which organizations I have access to support?

I have bought the PTA shirts before, and will continue to do so. I would be upset if a governmental intentity interered with my right to choose who I support.

N

NDNPARENT

The t shirts are sold for the project grad. progam and all PTA are told not to sell tshirts. just stating the fact that was told to me since i work the sells at the pep rallies and football games. PTA are not allowed to sell their own tshirts to raise money since it cuts into the project grad. program

badndn

500+ Posts
I can understand not selling the same exact shirts. There should be some agreements from club to club. Maybe if one club sells another clubs shirt design there should be some percent of the profit going to the designing club. Ultimately the goal is for the betterment of our youth and their endeavors.

N

NDNPARENT

i agree! just don't won't to cut the throat of the existing clubs, the PTA sells wompom beads, towels, cups , pins. Band sells the car flags (PTA had this but when band started selling them we cease selling them). Project Grad. sells the T shirts.

N

NDNPARENT

maybe the booster club should sell the sports items. like the foam finger, pennants, noise makers, etc. and if they have shirts that says PNG booster on it should be ok.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Why don't we all just whine! My goodness, we have been wanting this booster club for a while. Now we get it and every one wants to cry about their little entity being affected. Even at the 1st booster club meeting people were upset thinking that baseball's or soccer's fundraisers would be affected. Do people not realize how beneficial this club will be to ALL sports? Trust me, the minor sports need to ride the coat tails of the football program and let this club benefit it. Not downing the other sports but PNG is a football school. People will turn out to support the football team and it will benefit all. As far as PTA and project graduation...Nederland seems to be doing fine in those two organizations while having a booster club, not to mention most school districts in the state. We are one of the last schools to get on board with this. The fact is, a lot of people that live out of town or don't have kids in school will support this booster club. In other words, these people wouldn't be supporting PTA or project grad anyway because they don't have a direct interest in it. But they would line up to buy PNG booster club items in a heartbeat.Relax, Project Grad and PTA will be just fine.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I think it will all work out ... all of the great groups at PN-G (Booster Club, PTA, Indian Band, Friends of Soccer, Friends of Baseball/Softball, etc.) will benefit in some way if they all work together. The increased participation caused by the Booster Club will benefit the other great groups. More people will know about the PTA fundraisers, Indian Band fundraisers, soccer and baseball/softball events. I, for one, tend to agree with NDNSROCK44. I live out of town, my kids will not attend PN-GISD (unless the Good Lord has me transferred back to the area), but, I will always support PN-G. I try to send money and support as many groups and events that I can. With the Booster Club, I plan to join, send money, send more money, and follow the Indians all over the State of Texas. I'm hoping the Booster Club will work with all of the groups involving the young people of PN-G. I would hope that all of the groups could "ride the wave" caused by the Booster Club. I'd say let all of the groups sell whatever items they want ... have the groups work together and cross-promote or cross-market one another. If I want to buy a particular item and I go to the Booster Club to purchase it, and then someone tells me that the item I want is being sold by another PN-G group, I would say, "great, let me go buy it from them ... I'll be back here, too."

We are all pulling the wagon in the same direction. These things will work themselves out. The more kids we can keep busy and involved with the school, the better. The more money we can generate to support athletics, band, the PTA, soccer, baseball/softball, and all the other groups, the better. PN-G is good at taking care of their own ... now, that we have a mechanism to raise money and interest fans and alumni living outside of Port Neches or Groves, I think you will see the funds benefitting the whole of PN-G.

This is a good discussion. The Indians finally can put togther a fund raising entity to help all of PN-G ... yes, football is probably the magnet or catalyst for growth ... but, you will see alumni wanting to help not only the Booster Club for football, but all of the other programs, too. This is an exciting time for many of the great groups and kids at PN-G.

Go Indians. Peace.

NDN CREW

I doubt the Project grad. is sellling purple and white game shirts since this is a new old thing that has returned to PNG. I have seen the shirts and will buy one ,but once pro. grad. has a new shirt come football season I will also buy it. If I didnot buy all he organization shirts I would only have half the wardrobe I have now. The booster clubs shirts since and supports spring football. It says something like" practice all spring...win all fall " with purple and white helmets hitting each other.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
badndn said:
Squaw, have you ever not complained about anything?
Give it a rest already. Groves or PN what difference does it really make? They are representing [size=10pt]PNG[/size].
GET A GRIP!!!! If you read all my posts you will see they are not all negative nor all positive--they are just the truth! It is not just my opinion that says the board could be more balanced. That is not to say they won't do a good job--just an opinion. Why be so defensive unless you've said or done something you're ashamed of?

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Great post 1989NDN. We all need to pull together in ONE direction..we'll get a lot farther that way! I love purple and I will buy it from all groups as I always have. Complete Athlete does not have much nice PNG clothing. especially hats..they used to but now it seems Nederland has better selection of hats(maybe their supplier isn't carrying purple, who knows) Maybe the booster club can get some nice hats. They are only good for a season in the heat of football season because they get so sweaty, so I would buy one every year. Also, driving around town I always see the Nederland N stickers on vehicles. The booster club could make a killing if they sold PNG stickers that are the same as what is on our helmets.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I agree totally! In the 70's everyone had PNG stickers on their cars. I admit I'd be a little wary of driving around PA with a PNG sticker on my new car, however. I'd also like to see small, compact yard signs that people could place in their yard to let people know that they are Indian fans. I, too, have had trouble finding hats. I'd love to have a PNG visor for when it's hot and a stocking cap for when its cold. My old ones finally gave up the ghost.

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
I got a stocking cap last year at Walgreen's of all places. Was in line to check out and there they were. I got a visor at Complete Athlete. Need a new one, usually wear it when I'm working the yard and it's starting to look pretty bad.

Cozmo

squaw said:
badndn said:
Give it a rest already. Groves or PN what difference does it really make? They are representing [size=10pt]PNG[/size].
GET A GRIP!!!! If you read all my posts you will see they are not all negative nor all positive--they are just the truth! It is not just my opinion that says the board could be more balanced. That is not to say they won't do a good job--just an opinion. Why be so defensive unless you've said or done something you're ashamed of?
The school boards not balanced anymore but I didnt see you comment on that Squaw. If the school boards not balanced why should the booster club board be balanced.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
OK, Cozmo, I admit I don't understand what you're talking about. By my count, there is 3 members from PN and 2 from Groves, whereas before it was 4 from Groves and 1 from PN. There is 2 women and 4 men on the board now. Sounds more balanced to me. Give the new members a chance to show how professional and educated they are, please! I have nothing against the members who got replaced. I'm sure they did the best they knew how to do. I just feel that the new members will bring the board to a newer, improved place. Remember--I have a right to an opinion as do you.

Cozmo

squaw said:
OK, Cozmo, I admit I don't understand what you're talking about. By my count, there is 3 members from PN and 2 from Groves, whereas before it was 4 from Groves and 1 from PN. There is 2 women and 4 men on the board now. Sounds more balanced to me. Give the new members a chance to show how professional and educated they are, please! I have nothing against the members who got replaced. I'm sure they did the best they knew how to do. I just feel that the new members will bring the board to a newer, improved place. Remember--I have a right to an opinion as do you.

First of all there are 7 members on the school board. 5 men and 2 women. 5 from PN and 2 from groves. So if you are going to point out that the booster club has to many Groves members on the board why wouldnt you also point out to all of us that the school board has more from PN.

badndn

500+ Posts
squaw said:
badndn said:
::)

N

NDNPARENT

i am in the need for a PNG 3 x 5 or 4 x 6 flag for my flag pole to put up on game day!

as for as hats goes, not a problem with me when we have our own embroidery machine/business!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores