Booster Club Info

lu cards

100+ Posts
i am almost certain if a booster club member contacted a board member with an idea to attract members they would give the green light.im also pretty sure if someone wanted to attend a meeting to check out things no one would would mind.i do agree that there needs to be some reports from board members at the booster meetings.i like to know where my money is going as do others.

fan

I agree with LU Card

I am a member, do our finance's meet IRS non-profit status, have we given out any money? How much have we spent on shirts, food at the Pompano, Golf Tourney, etc...

Do we go out for bid on the items we sell or do we use one vendor? If we use only one vendor are they tied to the Booster Club via a membership or good ole boy system.

As a member of a City of PN board the past 3 years Board of Appeals and now Planning and Zoning Commission to have 2 of 11 Board members present is not acceptable.

Now you know why we have not had a Booster Club since Bum. It's worse than Little League

NDN79

500+ Posts
Though I am not yet a member of the booster club, I do believe it is a good thing to have. As with a lot of things, the 1st time you do something there are going to be growing pains and not everyone is going to be happy. I am not by any means discounting any of the concerns and issues regarding the booster club that have been brought up, I just think that it would be prudent to take time to get through this 1st year. Address the concerns that people have in a fair and equitable manner, and move forward slowly and try to make this club a good thing for all PN-G athletics. Just my opinion. :)

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
NDN79 said:
Though I am not yet a member of the booster club, I do believe it is a good thing to have. As with a lot of things, the 1st time you do something there are going to be growing pains and not everyone is going to be happy. I am not by any means discounting any of the concerns and issues regarding the booster club that have been brought up, I just think that it would be prudent to take time to get through this 1st year. Address the concerns that people have in a fair and equitable manner, and move forward slowly and try to make this club a good thing for all PN-G athletics. Just my opinion. :)

Well said.

ndn78

100+ Posts
The recent post is the very reason I declined being on the board. I made a sizeable donation, sold programs at every game and my kids are out of school.

Unbelieveable that some of you think these guys are trying to profit off of this, if you look at the board I don't think they have money issues.

Never fails that the want to be's, has been's and never was/will's always seem to try and take someone down. After reading some of you so called ndn fans post you have made my choice to continue donating an easy one....ain't going to happen. Go ahead and keep bringing up the negative thoughts and see how many others you can run off!

lu cards

100+ Posts
ndn78 said:
The recent post is the very reason I declined being on the board. I made a sizeable donation, sold programs at every game and my kids are out of school.

Unbelieveable that some of you think these guys are trying to profit off of this, if you look at the board I don't think they have money issues.

Never fails that the want to be's, has been's and never was/will's always seem to try and take someone down. After reading some of you so called ndn fans post you have made my choice to continue donating an easy one....ain't going to happen. Go ahead and keep bringing up the negative thoughts and see how many others you can run off!
i hope you didnt interpret my post that way?i was simply saying i for one like to know how things are going.hearing about where the money is helping the kids and coaches motivates me to give more$$$.no negativity here just positive thoughts.

NDN79

500+ Posts
NDN78--If you believe in the organization, and the mention of your donation leads me to believe that you do, then don't give up on it. Don't let others dictate to you what you are going to do. Give it some time before you make a quick decision, and don't let the actions of a few ruin something you want to be a part of. New programs are always going to be met by some kind of opposition, but given time, the good will come out and the doubters will lose interest. If you believe in it, then stick with it and help them to be a great organization that can prove the nay-sayers wrong. Most importantly, let's do what is going to build up support for our student athletes.

lu cards

100+ Posts
NDN79 said:
NDN78--If you believe in the organization, and the mention of your donation leads me to believe that you do, then don't give up on it. Don't let others dictate to you what you are going to do. Give it some time before you make a quick decision, and don't let the actions of a few ruin something you want to be a part of. New programs are always going to be met by some kind of opposition, but given time, the good will come out and the doubters will lose interest. If you believe in it, then stick with it and help them to be a great organization that can prove the nay-sayers wrong. Most importantly, let's do what is going to build up support for our student athletes.
well said.

fan

NDN78 I did not mean to imply that the board was trying to profit. I don't know their financial situation. You must. We appreciate the fact that you made a sizable donation

Prudent thing to do is to go out for bid on item such as shirts etc...and post all information.

I'm with LUCard just want accountability, nothing personal

lu cards

100+ Posts
fan said:
NDN78 I did not mean to imply that the board was trying to profit. I don't know their financial situation. You must. We appreciate the fact that you made a sizable donation

Prudent thing to do is to go out for bid on item such as shirts etc...and post all information.

I'm with LUCard just want accountability, nothing personal
not really accountability with me because i personally know most of the board.more of a recruitment issue.the more info getting out about all the positives were doing for the kids the better.i know we donated some money for the locker room floors but im sure most people dont know that.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
I will not be able to make it tonight..Can someone ask Coach Faircloth if the 1st round game will be on Friday or Saturday. Bandkid had posted that he heard a rumor that it would be Friday at Galena Park..I work shift work so I need to find out as soon as I can so I can take vacation..Thanks in advance to whoever asks for me!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Why Galena Park? It's a small stadium that only seats 10,300. That's 5,150 per side. In comparison, Indian Stadium's home side seats 7,500+. And that's not adding the out of town alumni coming in for the game. Where will everyone sit?

Stallworth seats 16,000.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
I agree, Stallworth would be the better choice and is a bit closer. Sure it is BH backyard, but it's a quick trip down I-10.

It will be nice when LU has their stadium back up and going, then local teams can use Cardinal Stadium as a designated home field to flip against Houston area schools that heretofore have benefited from "neutral sites" like Galena Park, Pasadena Memorial, and Stallworth Stadium that are much closer to their schools.

VegasNDN

I can't imagine that Faircloth would agree to play at Galena Park. Even though Stallworth is in BH's backyard, we all know that anywhere we play is home field advantage due to how many fans we bring. I'm really excited that I'll be in Houston on business that week and can go to the game. I was able to go to the Vidor game and was VERY impressed with the facilities and the structure of this team. Reminds me a lot of when Malone was here (our Senior year). Should be a deep run in the playoffs...these guys are the real deal!

ndn78

100+ Posts
Booster club mtg over around 7:30, PNG - BH to meet Wednesday to find a sight. 3 issues, big enough stadium for our fans, turf field and getting around the 5A schools that have already staked claim. Might be a Saturday game if needed.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PNG NDN Fan said:
I agree, Stallworth would be the better choice and is a bit closer. Sure it is BH backyard, but it's a quick trip down I-10.

It will be nice when LU has their stadium back up and going, then local teams can use Cardinal Stadium as a designated home field to flip against Houston area schools that heretofore have benefited from "neutral sites" like Galena Park, Pasadena Memorial, and Stallworth Stadium that are much closer to their schools.

I agree on Cardinal Stadium as the best area venue for playoffs. I think it seats around 18,000.

BISD will be pushing their new stadium when it's completed. But there's no value in playing there with a capacity of only 10,000.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores