Booster Club Info

tribesman

100+ Posts
I just returned from my first booster club meeting of the year. I haven't been able to attend because of youth football practices on Mondays. Every time I get a chance to speak to or hear Coach Faircloth speak, I become more impressed. I just really like the way that he handles himself. He praised our defensive coaches last night and basically said that the defense was the key to our success. He said that Central is extremely good and that we will be in for a major battle on Friday. He did say that his top priority as far as a playoff location goes, was to accomodate everyone that wanted to attend. He wants to make sure that the stadium that we end up in is big enough. He was presented with a painted football signifying his first Mid County Madness victory with the date and score painted on the ball. Brad Bailey announced some of the items that the club is purchasing for various sports. He also stated that emails would be sent out with pictures and info on the items to be purchased. Fair attendance at the meeting last night, maybe 50 or 60 people, but hope to see more in the future...

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Just my opinion on a few items: (1) The reason there wasn't a booster club was because when Bum was here and we had a booster club there was constant interference in the coaching of the team by members, (2) most are right when they say if someone makes a commitment, they should honor it and attend as many meetings as possible, (3) there is little or no diversity on this board of directors and people in the community are cognizant of the fact that almost all are from the same era (80's) and are all the same sex--no older Indian fans, no younger Indian fans, and definitely no women. All of these groups have things to offer--resources, help, experience and contacts to name some. I haven't decided to join yet for the above reasons and there is no greater fan than myself (many may be just a good, but not greater). I will bide my time and maybe join later. I still will support all PNGISD athletics and students and teachers.

NDN76

MY DOG
In regards to where we will play Barber's Hill at.........................................

I know I am being selfish for suggesting it because it is so close for me, but UH's Robertson Stadium is a real nice place, seats 32,000 and is available the weekend of the 14th as the Coogs are playing in Florida. Nice stadium, plenty of parking and seats but located in Houston just off I-45 south of Downtown. If a 12:00 noon Saturday Kickoff or better a 1:00 PM Kickoff were arranged, not too many would have to take off from Work, you could leave by about 8:00 to get here leisurely and the game would be over in time to do a little celebrating and/or shopping in Houston or San Jac Mall. Just sayin'...........................

Any way you look at it no matter where the game is played, there WILL be a lot of PNG celebrating going on after this game.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Sounds great to me! Are you providing lunch at your house???? Just post directions, please. :laugh:

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
No matter where the playoff game is played we will be there early and have our tailgate party going on. :band: :band: :band: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks:

tribesman

100+ Posts
squaw said:
Just my opinion on a few items: (1) The reason there wasn't a booster club was because when Bum was here and we had a booster club there was constant interference in the coaching of the team by members, (2) most are right when they say if someone makes a commitment, they should honor it and attend as many meetings as possible, (3) there is little or no diversity on this board of directors and people in the community are cognizant of the fact that almost all are from the same era (80's) and are all the same sex--no older Indian fans, no younger Indian fans, and definitely no women. All of these groups have things to offer--resources, help, experience and contacts to name some. I haven't decided to join yet for the above reasons and there is no greater fan than myself (many may be just a good, but not greater). I will bide my time and maybe join later. I still will support all PNGISD athletics and students and teachers.

In my opinion, and that's all this is, this is no reason NOT to join the booster club. I am not a board member but when I have an opinion or a suggestion, these guys listen. You are absolutely correct about the "makeup" of the board. But you know what, THESE GUYS WERE ELECTED BY THE CLUB MEMBERS. If you want to know something else, THEY DID NOT SOLICIT OR POLITIC FOR THESE POSITIONS. My son is at an age where he is highly involved in youth sports. Most of these booster club board members are the same people that are devoting their time to run Little League Baseball and Youth football leagues in our two cities. Do you know why they spend countless hours AWAY from their families to do this ? In most cases it is because NO ONE ELSE WILL ! I challenge you to look around at the little leagues and the football leagues and look at who is devoting all of the time and doing all of the work. SOMEONE had to step up to get this thing started. That is all that this is about, GETTING IT STARTED. There will be new elections next year and I am certain that the board will diversify. Some of the current board members knew that their plates were already full when they were elected. Many of these members will probably decline to be elected next year due to some of the reasons above. Do something now to start benefitting the club and the kids, then we will streamline this thing as it grows. The board that is in place is doing a great job getting this going. I promise you that you would be more than welcome to attend the Monday meetings and see what is going on for yourself. Then make a decision on whether or not to get involved to help the kids.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
tribesman said:
squaw said:

In my opinion, and that's all this is, this is no reason NOT to join the booster club. I am not a board member but when I have an opinion or a suggestion, these guys listen. You are absolutely correct about the "makeup" of the board. But you know what, THESE GUYS WERE ELECTED BY THE CLUB MEMBERS. If you want to know something else, THEY DID NOT SOLICIT OR POLITIC FOR THESE POSITIONS. My son is at an age where he is highly involved in youth sports. Most of these booster club board members are the same people that are devoting their time to run Little League Baseball and Youth football leagues in our two cities. Do you know why they spend countless hours AWAY from their families to do this ? In most cases it is because NO ONE ELSE WILL ! I challenge you to look around at the little leagues and the football leagues and look at who is devoting all of the time and doing all of the work. SOMEONE had to step up to get this thing started. That is all that this is about, GETTING IT STARTED. There will be new elections next year and I am certain that the board will diversify. Some of the current board members knew that their plates were already full when they were elected. Many of these members will probably decline to be elected next year due to some of the reasons above. Do something now to start benefitting the club and the kids, then we will streamline this thing as it grows. The board that is in place is doing a great job getting this going. I promise you that you would be more than welcome to attend the Monday meetings and see what is going on for yourself. Then make a decision on whether or not to get involved to help the kids.

Very well said.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Bravo ... well said Tribesman. The men on the board are helping to get this much needed Booster Club off the ground and moving in the right direction. Next year, there will be opportunities for new board members. Get involved now. Donate what you can ... time, money, connections, fan support, or just get out and meet your neighbors who are serving in a position. The board members will listen, they are willing to focus on the entire PN-G athletic department, both boys and girls. Join now, spread the word, attend meetings, get to know the Booster Club members and board members, continue the excitement, thank the men currently serving, express an interest in serving on future boards, and do whatever we can to help our kids be successful. It's not a PN v. Groves issue, it's not a male v. female issue, it's all about being Indians and helping one another. Great fans like Squaw are needed ... join, spread the word, and help the growth continue. All of the wrinkles will get ironed out.

Go Indians. Peace.

Former NDNette

100+ Posts
I have a very good reason for not joining and I, like Squaw, am a big supporter of all that is PNG. Cost. I am single and with the economy the way it is, I just don't have the money to spare. I am looking for a 2nd job now, taxes and insurance have gone up on the house so much, I can't cut anything else out to save the extra money. Hopefully one day, I will be able to join the booster club.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
After many years of wishing for it, the booster club is here. Nothing's ever going to be perfect but consider the positives first. It will take time for things to really begin rolling.

A successful playoff season should help more alumni become aware of the opportunity and increase membership.

lu cards

100+ Posts
just got an email from the booster club and all i can say is WOW!!lots of equipment being bought to help our kids.

lu cards

100+ Posts
scorers table for basketball and volleyball.portable tents and cooler for cross country.soccer goals(turf kits) for soccer.several items for baseball/softball(netting,backstop pads,pitching machine).including an earlier donation to football for flooring in locker room.sounds like everyone got there needs met.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
lu cards said:
scorers table for basketball and volleyball.portable tents and cooler for cross country.soccer goals(turf kits) for soccer.several items for baseball/softball(netting,backstop pads,pitching machine).including an earlier donation to football for flooring in locker room.sounds like everyone got there needs met.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores